Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have little experience with microphones. But headphones - been using Sony MDR-7506 for many years. IMO, they are worth the high price. In the beginning they may be slightly stiff, but they wear in pretty quick.

Edit: closed design, no sound leak.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Still feeling a little clueless with microphones. I don't know how expensive one should be for just general use like skype and chatting in-game that probably won't pick up my keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I use a Zalman clip on mic (it was ~$10) and it seems to be fine, with no complaints from others by either hearing my keyboard (mechanical) nor my voice quality.

Zalman Clip on Mic £9.30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

One thing is certain. I spent way too much on my headset. It sounds good (highs could be better) but I'm a big fan of buying the music quality headphones and having a decent mic. I think the best solution is to buy something like the AT headphones and finding the best mic (whether from a cheap headset ~10-15 dollars) or a better standalone mic and velcro it to the headset.

My headset is closed ear and it does get warm and oddly causes a high amount of ear wax production D=. However, I don't like to hear sounds outside of the game sounds when I'm gaming or listening to music so it's a decent tradeoff. Otherwise, it's comfortable (does not hurt head or ears and it goes around the ear not on the ear which made a big difference for me). Not sure if the AT headphones are 'circumaural' (I think is the term) for going around the ear instead of pressing onto it. I had a pair of sennheisers that pressed on the ears and they hurt quite a bit after an hour or two.

-Nish
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

Takstar 2050HI are still my favourite all-rounder headphones. There are better out there, but only in the $200+ market. I still have no idea why no one's picked up the brand and taken it truly international. It's got good highs, solid mids and powerful bass. Great for music, movies or gaming. They're comparable to the Beyerdynamic DT 880 sound quality wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'm definitely getting the Takstar soon although I will probably have ordered by the end of the weekend, although I'm still stumped on the microphones. The Samson one seems good but I've heard some people say you need to be really close to it. The Snowball microphone does seem really good but when I had a look at it and some of the reviews and comments on forums about it I noticed it seems to be more aimed at people who use it for recording. I might get the Zalman mic but I want to know a little more about it. Although at the same time I don't know what the proper difference is and I don't know how much a a "proper" microphone costs so I don't know if £60 for the snowball is cheap or not.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-06-08 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    I have both the Zalman mic and this Mini Microphone w/ Clip Black, I like the mini the best, the filter helps a little. It's only $2.28, free shipping anywhere in the world though they do take 7-10 days since it's from Asia.

Deleted
    ah soundcard wise, sorry for the late response, my advice is, wait til you get the headphones and mic first, then consider your budget for the sound card, the decent ones start at £50 ish for music at the least, im prob thinking http://www.amazon.co.uk/CREATIVE-Sou...words=Creative, that apparently comes with a mic, not used that one tbh, hoping someone can say otherwise.

asus sound cards like the http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rd_i=428655031 at the upper end, but asus dont have brilliant software...., im using the asus xonar DG, which is the more basic sound card to get at around £25 anyways, have to admit, asus do have offerings in between those price brackets, though im not even sure whats good in there now, we have the DS, which is apparently is more aimed at music, but uses the same audio chip but different opamps to the DG so i cant say how much better it will be, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Xonar-I...ywords=asus+DS, its £35 but its nothing bad tbh, i dont have complaints with the basic DG, bare in mind even my self im aiming to get something else though its on the bottom of the list to get

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok well I will probably order those headphones tomorrow. But ouch the price of P&P is pretty high at £16. Are there any places that charge less for it? Or I might just have to go through with it. I mean is it still worth it for £39 (which is the full price).
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-06-09 at 11:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still holding out on buying it, I just want to know if it's worth getting it with the large P&P payment off amazon.

Deleted
    That won't make them worthless or worse quality I agree it's kinda high, have you searched other places? Ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...+2050&_sacat=0