Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The newer Mario Party games are god awful. The ones for the n64 were actually pretty fun, but after that... yuck. While the "New" Super Mario Bros. games they keep churning out aren't bad per se, they definitely feel like cash grab games with no soul. The first one they released for the DS was great, then the ones after that just felt like you were playing the same fucking game with new power ups. Would it have fucking killed them to make new bosses other than the fucking Koopalings? Fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Are you kidding me...Legend of the 7 Stars was THE best Mario game.
    Boing...Boing......Boing.......Boing......Boing....

Good times.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Nintendo kid. (you'd think i was a Spectrum ZX kid with my avatar) I loved every single mario game, altohugh if you have me to choose the weakest I would say Mario Sunshine. I dont know why but its probably the worst but that's not to say it was bad, because Its f**king Mario. Mario is like everything my cvhildhood stood for in terms of video games I cant or will not say a bad thing about them.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Most mario spin-offs are terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

If you are referring to Mario platformers alone (none of the sports/educational/etc. stuff), then no. There is not a single Mario that is objectively 'bad'. Anyone here saying there is just being contradictory for the sake of being contradictory. I'm not saying you have to like the games at all, I'm just saying there is nothing that makes them 'bad' and you know it. Have there been bad games with Mario's name in it, though? Yeah... still not many, though. The educational games weren't really well put together even for educational games. Pretty much every game that has Mario's name in it tends to be exceptional or at least has nothing wrong with it (The sports games, RPGs, racing, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I never liked Dr. Mario... Tetris with a worse soundtrack basically. Oh and Mario Galaxy 1 was terrible.
    You... I... I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You're welcome, haha.
    lol That looks so terribly good! I will have to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would totally play a FPS Mario game where you are fireball Mario lol I've really always wanted a Mega Man FPS, but Mario would work too.
    Yoshi's Safari on the SNES was an on-rails Mario FPS game and Super Rockman Adventure on the PS1 and Saturn had FPS style shooter sections to it. Also I think Capcom was planning to make a FPS series based off the X series that never materialized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    The newer Mario Party games are god awful. The ones for the n64 were actually pretty fun, but after that... yuck. While the "New" Super Mario Bros. games they keep churning out aren't bad per se, they definitely feel like cash grab games with no soul. The first one they released for the DS was great, then the ones after that just felt like you were playing the same fucking game with new power ups. Would it have fucking killed them to make new bosses other than the fucking Koopalings? Fuck.
    Both Galaxies are very good.

Don't even get me started on Super Mario Sunshine. (One of the best)
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2013-06-08 at 08:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not like Super Mario 64 personally, but I can recognize that it was pretty revolutionary/lots of people love it (including my SO).

You can argue that the various Parties are just clones, which I'd agree with, but the base concept is still pretty great.

AND finally Super Paper Mario didn't feel like a Paper Mario game, but it was still pretty good in it's own right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree with the first responses. They were ALL bad to me. I even grew up during that generation from atari-nintendo-snes. A mario game was something I ONLY played if I was bored out of my mind enough to watch paint dry. Which unfortunately happened every now and then when you a kid, in the summer, have nothing else to do, and no money to spend.

I won't call it bad, but the new super Mario bros 2 for the 3ds was a tad too easy. Not once did I turn the game off in frustration only to turn it back on 30 seconds later (my mark for a challenging level). Also one of the first Mario's where I didn't just give up and look online for that one secret exit I couldn't find.

Sticker star for 3ds I am actually playing now when I travel, and it's not bad, but not great. It seems it is a bit too much like other games (little Mario & luigi, little 3d platformer, little typical paper Mario) that it doesn't excel at anything.

I picked up super princess peach for my daughter and was amazed at how much harder it was (boss fights) than some recent Mario games.

On the Mario subject, I wonder if I was the only one disappointed in the super Mario wii u bowser fight. The wii bowser fight I think was one of the best ones they've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    *raises hand*

okay they're not BAD, but growing up it was either that, sonic or dig up some random JRPG.

I chose the JRPG EVERY TIME.
    i chose sonic every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    i chose sonic every time.
    Idk, man... there's always Mega Man.

Relevant: