Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is 1 unpopular opinion you have on Film?

I will start

Adam Sandler is a better actor than Tom Cruise

Every possible story has been put on celluloid

Live action remakes of animated Disney films are awful and a blatant cash in on the populous. They need to make new stuff or expand on what they already have.
    RETH

The new Star Wars movies make SW episodes 1-3 look like hidden gems.

(Most actors are better than Tom Cruise btw.)

Most Reboots/continuations of movies that are more than 20 years old really dont work out too well because of how retarded people are these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    The new Star Wars movies make SW episodes 1-3 look like hidden gems.

(Most actors are better than Tom Cruise btw.)
    Forget hidden gems, the new SJW movies make the prequels look like fucking Oscar winners.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Every possible story has been put on celluloid
    I don get what you mean by this? There are more novels than films, and not every possible story has been put into a novel, let alone films.

Or do you mean from a very general sense "man gains superpowers, saves humanity" sort of thing rather than "england cricket team discover alien artifact which helps them win ashes" (why hasn't that been made!)

Superhero movies suck. I really don't understand people's obsession with them, most of them are unwatchable. Logan was really good, Christian Bale's Batman movies were good, and 2 of Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man.

Deleted
    I enjoyed Norbit. I really don't get the hate for that movie - Rasputia is a hilarious character.

I know this thread is supposed to be unpopular opinions but already 2 posts shitting on tom cruise.

No one else in the industry can do what hes done with the mission impossible franchise.

Lets see the Rock learn how to fly helicopters so he can be filmed alone in a cock pit doing his own aerial stunts when hes not climbing the thing or hanging off it.

In the age of CGI and green screen Tom cruise is a precious relic of a forgotten era, who cares if he has weird religious views half the world does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Superhero movies suck. I really don't understand people's obsession with them, most of them are unwatchable. Logan was really good, Christian Bale's Batman movies were good, and 2 of Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man.
    That's not an unpopular opinion, it's becoming the general consensus. The super-hero genre is over saturated with mediocre series and films. The only superhero films I've enjoyed since the last Bale Batman have been Logan and Thor: Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    I don get what you mean by this? There are more novels than films, and not every possible story has been put into a novel, let alone films.

Or do you mean from a very general sense "man gains superpowers, saves humanity" sort of thing rather than "england cricket team discover alien artifact which helps them win ashes" (why hasn't that been made!)
    Yes, in a general sense, the underlying motive. It's combinations and permutations of existing things, just like in music. However, you could argue that this has been going on since the dawn of time.
    Last edited by metzger84; 2018-07-24 at 06:25 PM.

CGI sucks.

a lot

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Musical are cool (Love the Miserables), hate comedy movies that is based on extremely ridiculous scenarios (I can't deal with people being in extremely shameful scenarios, i feel the shame)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Knight is the most overrated movie of all time.

I've never watched the entirety of the Godfather because it was WAY too boring.

Children should never be actors. Not because I don't think it's right or wrong based on child labor laws. But because I think they're all shit.

I think the action scenes, besides the opening action scene, in Logan are the worst parts of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I thought the lens flares in the Star Trek movies were neat and added a unique aesthetic to what would have otherwise been a bland, vanilla space setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    All the superhero movies are boring and predictable as shit, and the "cool" effects don't make up for it at all.

Oh, someone beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by reecejackox View Post
    I will start

both have only given a good performance under the direction of Paul Thomas Anderson :P

mine: it doesnt matter if a film is "original" or not if it's made well and is a story well told

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I've never watched the entirety of the Godfather because it was WAY too boring.

Children should never be actors. Not because I don't think it's right or wrong based on child labor laws. But because I think they're all shit.

I think the action scenes, besides the opening action scene, in Logan are the worst parts of the movie.
    watch "room"
    trust me

Quote Originally Posted by reecejackox View Post
    I will start

Nah, Tom Cruise made a few good movies like Magnolia and he was extrem funny in Tropic Thunder.

Star Wars in general is a bit overrated.