Stacking the "Enlightenment" Buff.

So I don't really know why I've held up on rolling a Monk, but I am having a blast. Probably one of the most dynamic and engaging healers. Never had so much fun in a long time after healing on my Druid.

Currently levelling as a Mistweaver with the Enlightenment buff and the bonus 10% Darkmoon Faire XP.

So now the Enlightenment buff basically gives you a 50% bonus to all XP from killing enemies and from quests. However, its only a 1 hour duration.

However, I was wondering if someone would be able to explain the best way to go about playing the buff to your advantage?

I've heard from a while back where people would level from 20-80 with the buff maxed out.

And what is the best way to go about keeping a good up time on Enlightenment?

Deleted
    I know you used to be able to wait till the buff was almost gone and then do the quest again the next day, the buff would then become 2 hours.

Not sure if this still works as my monk has been lv90 for a long time but that's what I did and i believe its the best use. I would try to make sure that I was doing dungeons for the first time during this buff, or I had just come to a new questing area with good XP.

You get a new quest for a 1 hour buff on enlightenment every 10 levels, but there should also be a daily available that grants the buff after you do the quest. So if you played your Monk 1 hour a day with the buff, you'd have about 100% uptime on it.

Is that the tip you were looking for perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Have a whole bunch of quests ready to be turned in when you get your buff would be a slight boost I guess.
    I just kept all of them for 85-90, since that's the only really tedious part of leveling.
    When you say keep them. How do you store them? You don't touch the dailies before then? Is that what you mean?

The buff stacks, I leveled my monk to 90 and I played him so rarely that by the time I hit 90 I had 9 hours remaining on it. It extends the duration by 1 hour each day you do the quest so if you level and do the quest and you had 30 minutes left it will move to 90 minutes left.

This may not apply until you get the level 85 version of the quest but I'm not sure. I do know when I hit 90 I had 9 hours left on my buff.

Yes, simply didn't do them until I was 85. That probably isn't the optimal way to do it though.
    Ah I see. Well I know someone that followed through like you said, however, she mentioned that the XP was reduced to 20%.

If that is the case, I'll rather save it for 68-80.

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrend View Post
    The buff stacks, I leveled my monk to 90 and I played him so rarely that by the time I hit 90 I had 9 hours remaining on it. It extends the duration by 1 hour each day you do the quest so if you level and do the quest and you had 30 minutes left it will move to 90 minutes left.

This may not apply until you get the level 85 version of the quest but I'm not sure. I do know when I hit 90 I had 9 hours left on my buff.
    Thanks a lot. That was very well explained. Have not been able to see an explanation anywhere. It was pretty confusing even on WoWHead. Thanks again.

Just wasn't very sure on the buff stacking and how that worked.

Yes, simply didn't do them until I was 85. That probably isn't the optimal way to do it though.
    It's not, you only get a 20% exp bonus above 85. I think it's better to just use the quests whenever you are doing experience gaining activities. Obviously don't get a buff if you plan on going to the AH for 30 minutes.

Hate to pseudo-necro this but...

Enlightenment stacks almost infinitely (or at least as effectively as possible). The best way to keep uptime on it would be to only play your monk a few days a week, but spend five minutes a day to do the daily. The second monk I leveled once had six hours on his enlightenment buff. Every time you do the quest or daily, it will add one hour to the total duration of the buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Def. You only get one daily/day. You should DEFINTELY do them daily- of course, the buff will stack up to 2 hours, so you can "save" the buff so you can have a 2 hour playtime with em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Def. You only get one daily/day. You should DEFINTELY do them daily- of course, the buff will stack up to 2 hours, so you can "save" the buff so you can have a 2 hour playtime with em.
    Yep, even if you only get 5/min a day to play, do that daily. That + looms + guild perk + double rest (for pandaren) makes it extremely quick to level. There really isn't any way to game it, however, except that don't waste time leveling profs while the buff is ticking.

It stacks. So even on days you aren't planning to level your monk, you still should log in and do the daily quest. On one of my monk alts I currently have 6+ hours of the Enlightenment Buff stacked....

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Stacks much, much higher than 2 hours, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    It stacks. So even on days you aren't planning to level your monk, you still should log in and do the daily quest. On one of my monk alts I currently have 6+ hours of the Enlightenment Buff stacked....

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 11:48 AM ----------

Stacks much, much higher than 2 hours, mate.
    It stacks up to 24 hours, I tested it when I leveled my Monk.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Some of what you'd heard about (level from 20-80 with the buff up 100%) was from a bug. The buff would last fr one hour, but it would stay at 0s remaining until you zoned. So as long as you were very careful with when you switched zones, you could keep very high uptimes on the buff. This was a bug at launch, and was fixed in a couple of weeks. You could still stack it then, but it wasn't as relevant then as people were trying to get a monk up to 90 as fast as possible to raid with their guild.

Any one know the max it can get too? I've heard some say 24 hours?

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 08:25 AM ----------

Actually I have just seen its unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Gokbrown View Post
    Any one know the max it can get too? I've heard some say 24 hours?

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 08:25 AM ----------

Actually I have just seen its unlimited
    It is only up to 24 hours.. when you do the quest after the 24 hour mark, the buff flickers a bit, and reverts back to 1 day remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatfield View Post
    It is only up to 24 hours.. when you do the quest after the 24 hour mark, the buff flickers a bit, and reverts back to 1 day remaining.
    You signed up just to necro a post from a year and a half ago?