Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ...
    Execute phase question: do I BT inside CS if I don't have BzR or CS doesn't crit? Or do I still just spam execute/SB until CS runs off?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Don't you still prioritize RB over Execute unless a decent strength proc is active both in and out of CS windows?

There's a specific session on the guide tackling that and the short answer is no. If your gear is around the same ilvl Execute comes out on top. If you have high ilvl weapons (ie: heroic garrosh heirloomns and lfr/flex/timeless gear) then RB is superior.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Don't you still prioritize RB over Execute unless a decent strength proc is active both in and out of CS windows?
    The part you wrote about STR Procs is true but only outside CS. Inside CS, Execute always takes precedence over RB.
    Outside CS you basically want to prioritize Execute while anything (DS, Springs, Trinkets, Blood Fury/CDs) is active, but be sure not to waste charges of RB.

EDIT: With good gear ofc.
    Last edited by Windowflip; 2014-09-11 at 01:30 PM.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    There's a specific session on the guide tackling that and the short answer is no. If your gear is around the same ilvl Execute comes out on top. If you have high ilvl weapons (ie: heroic garrosh heirloomns and lfr/flex/timeless gear) then RB is superior.
    I see, guess I missed the part of weapon > gear -> RB > Execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Execute phase question: do I BT inside CS if I don't have BzR or CS doesn't crit? Or do I still just spam execute/SB until CS runs off?
    It would depend on your mastery wouldn't it. With enough mastery, enrage surpasses the damage increase of colossus smash. Assuming sunder armor, bosses have 32.09% damage reduction from armor (iirc), so after 32.09% mastery enrage > colossus smash. I'm not certain about the mastery conversion rate, but somewhere around ~9200 mastery rating.

Shouldn't you still account for the opportunity cost of a BT over a possible non enraged Execute as well?

Elaborate?

If I'm following you correctly, your logic is that beyond that mastery "threshold" enrage > colossus smash, so if CS doesn't crit and you don't have BzR avaiable you should BT inside a CS to maintain enrage uptime.

My point (if it makes sense, maybe it's just random babbling) is that that comparison isn't that simple (enrage modifier vs CS damage increase) because you have to account for the fact that one of the GCDs is being spent on BT instead of an Execute that hits 3-4 times harder. So a proper comparison would be damage increase % differential AND the extra absolute damage you'd get from the Execute vs BT.

I wouldn't go that deep into it honestly. You wouldn't want to execute in the colossus smash without enrage anyway if you could execute outside CS with enrage and it would do more damage, so that'd just be an open global if you didn't BT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread is no longer sticky. Moving forward to 6.0

I don't want to quit you, 5.4 fury! Don't make me go to warlords of draenor!

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    I don't want to quit you, 5.4 fury! Don't make me go to warlords of draenor!
    10 chars

Fun fact, if you equip T14 4set, you'll get a recklessness with a -3 second CD.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    just checked wods recklessness on wowhead, found out about the recklessness perk.
    if I were a warrior in real life, my rage bar would be full now.

Also, Shockwave has a -0.8 second CD if it hits 3+ targets.

- - - Updated - - -

If you guys find any other fun and / or weird things, feel free to point them out!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Probably won't work that way, it'll likely do ( 180 - 90 ) * 0.54 instead of ( 180 * 0.54 ) - 90. I only say this because heroic leap was doing the latter in 5.4.8, but they corrected it for 6.0.