Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They could also lower the CD on RT by 1 or 2 seconds, while buffing glyph of RT slightly (but not too much).

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    Just few words.
    I'd love see an ability that'd be similar to Monk's Uplift (and for example connected with Riptide). Something like - instantly heals your "riptided" target for X. Up to Y people.
    Chain heal kind of already has that interaction while not completely the same it increases healing on riptided targets.

I had the thought that they could add a new passive or spell in that has some sort of interaction with the amount of overhealing we do. Maybe called growing storm or something like that where our overhealing get's "Evaporated" and stored in a cloud or something and then we could either have a medium range aoe that would use that stored healing or it could put a smart heal out every so many seconds to a number of people within range. Though it probably wouldn't be good for situations where you're not overhealing so maybe not overhealing but all heals store a little bit of healing then get dealt out like I said previously.

I think resto needs some sort of help with spread out healing and hopefully they don't expect us to spam riptide on everyone and spam chain heal with the buffed glyph for 5.4.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-06-12 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariluz View Post
    They could also lower the CD on RT by 1 or 2 seconds, while buffing glyph of RT slightly (but not too much).
    Personally, I'd rather see the glyph remove some of the potency of the HoT component than the removal of the instant-heal (90% reduce basically is a removal; heck, 75% reduce STILL is basically a removal).

I really like your idea mmines, store up overhealing like the druid shrooms and then release it as a "Monsoon" or something which could spread the stored healing between all party/raid members within 40yds. Maybe as a HoT or a weak/medium powered channel instead of the instant bursty nature of shrooms/uplift. Obviously overhealing from that wouldn't recycle. That would pretty much solve the spread healing issue as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
    Ever tried to spam chain heal in MoP? Give it a shot and tell us how long you can keep it before you go OOM.
    Lol I do this now and dont go oom. get more spirit :P

Deleted
    Chain heal glyph is getting buffed a bit (cd cut in half) but still need to test it on ptr it might be cool on spread fights. I personnaly used that glyph once and it was on sha of fear heroic i think.

Ever tried to spam chain heal in MoP? Give it a shot and tell us how long you can keep it before you go OOM.
    This may have been true early in the expansion, but at this point with LMG and Heroic ToT gear I don't see it being an issue at all. I have re-gemmed Int/Crit (raiding 25 heroics) simply because I usually can't come close to using all my mana since obtaining the LMG and the same is true for all of our healers except our Paladin. I was pretty surprised to see them lower the mana cost of Riptide since we are already swimming with regen especially if you are using a mana battery build.

Deleted
    No kidding. I have 7.8k spirit (reforged spirit away on every piece) and I ended up our recent progression Dark Animus hc kill with 250k mana left while also being on top of the hps meter (by a very small margin). Mana is a total non-issue at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xor7486 View Post
    No kidding. I have 7.8k spirit (reforged spirit away on every piece) and I ended up our recent progression Dark Animus hc kill with 250k mana left while also being on top of the hps meter (by a very small margin). Mana is a total non-issue at this point.
    Is this 25m or 10m our of interest. If it's 10m is it 2 or 3 healers? I mean I 2 heal everything with a resto druid and I can go close to oom at times on stuff like council hc pulling 116k. Primordius was another close one too, completely cleaned out at the end on around 108k. Depends on setup I guess, if we 3 healed everything Id have literally no mana issues at all, id never drop below about 95%.

Deleted
    Yea, 3 healing 10-man.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiumMm View Post
    Lol I do this now and dont go oom. get more spirit :P
    Yeah and you were certainly out of combat duh. And FYI, I have over 19k spirit buffed and cleared ToT heroic on my shaman and yes you will go OOM on fights like Ra-Den p2 or your first kills of Iron Qon heroic where you have to put healing rain on cooldown and spam chain heal non stop for like two minutes or more.

Tidal Waves make healing wave heal your target and the 2 lowest health party raid members. bam.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Yeah and you were certainly out of combat duh. And FYI, I have over 19k spirit buffed and cleared ToT heroic on my shaman and yes you will go OOM on fights like Ra-Den p2 or your first kills of Iron Qon heroic where you have to put healing rain on cooldown and spam chain heal non stop for like two minutes or more.
    No I wasnt out of combat, this is in combat. I have 20k spirit unbuffed.
    I'm 11/13 HC I see Ra Den will be easily be able to spam chain heal below 40% non stop besides for HR.

Make any OVERHEALING on single target heals go to 3 lowest raid members. This eliminates those huge crits going wasted and caters to blizzards constant Rshaman design around single target heals.
    Last edited by indero; 2013-06-14 at 06:49 PM.

Glyph of Riptide: Removes the cooldown of Riptide, but reduces the initial direct healing by 75%. Reduces the cooldown of your Riptide ability by 50% and removes the direct heal component. In addition, your heal over time effect creates a stationary puddle that heals nearby allies within' 5 yards.

or

Chain Heal: Heals the friendly target for 7086 to 8094 (+ 68.76% of SpellPower), then jumps to heal the most injured nearby targets. If cast on a party or raid member, the heal will only jump to other members. Each jump reduces the effectiveness of the heal by 15% 30%. In addition, your Riptide heal over time effect is spread to chained targets. Heals 4 total targets.

Mastery: Deep Healing
    Increases the potency of your healing spells by up to 16%, based on the current health level of your target (lower health targets are healed for more) and heal the lowest health nearby target for the same additional amount healed.
    Or
    Make Riptide ticks heal a nearby low health target for 50% of the amount healed. A heal version of Arcane Bomb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Chain heal kind of already has that interaction while not completely the same it increases healing on riptided targets.

I had the thought that they could add a new passive or spell in that has some sort of interaction with the amount of overhealing we do. Maybe called growing storm or something like that where our overhealing get's "Evaporated" and stored in a cloud or something and then we could either have a medium range aoe that would use that stored healing or it could put a smart heal out every so many seconds to a number of people within range. Though it probably wouldn't be good for situations where you're not overhealing so maybe not overhealing but all heals store a little bit of healing then get dealt out like I said previously.

I think resto needs some sort of help with spread out healing and hopefully they don't expect us to spam riptide on everyone and spam chain heal with the buffed glyph for 5.4.
    Totem of Healing Storm
    Air totem.
    Begins with X(spellpower coeefficient) hp. Water energy from Overhealing is evaporated and heals the totem up to XYZ hp. When the totem is recalled or it's duration ends, a healing storm is released, dividing all stored healing on targets within 40 yards. Lasts 15seconds. 30second cooldown.

You can use Totemic Recall if you desperately need the healing. It is an air totem, so it doesn't get in the way of all our water totems. In pvp you can damage it to bring its health down to zero, at which point it is destroyed without doing anything. Plus it is basically a short cooldown like healing stream totem. Could also make it so that you can heal it directly.

This would probably be too based on RNG, but maybe buff the chance CH has to apply EL.

Add a new CD like Fire Nova that heals, which would radiate 15 - 20 yd from all targets with EL on them.
    Would help make CH glyph more attractive as well as giving us something to use for spread healing while giving a big boost to our niche of stacked healing.

I considered it radiating from Riptide targets, but that could make riptide glyph too good.

Deleted
    Our problems with spreaded healing throughput originate from being so good at stacked healing. We are balanced around stacked healing. But if there are - surprise surprise - spreaded situations, we simply lack the tools for it. Any further buff to stacked healing is senseless, because if we are uber at stacked healing, we are going to be balanced around just that.
    The tools we have for spreaded healing (Chain Heal) are even better for stacked healing. And this is the core of the problem.

All our raid healing revolves around stacking. The more people stand in HR, the more EL proccs, for example. Even our Spirit Link Totem only works when everyone is stacked. Ok, we have the ability to throw around Riptide with our glyph... and HST... yeah that was it. No group heals for spreaded healing. Besides cooldowns.

Any buffs to CH will just add to stacked healing again. Given how strong HR is, they either nerf HR and buff CH (because if they just buff CH we would again be too strong at stacked healing), or they introduce a new mechanic. However, if they buff CH too much, it becomes the only button to press in all situations because it is always best - or the gain by using another ability is just not worth thinking about it.

The only mechanic that could help with spreaded healing is Ancestral Awakening. But that is dependent on RNG and you must cast single target heals to spread heal. Yes, exactly what i would be doing in a situation in which i want to heal multiple targets - use single target heals and pray. I did not know i was playing a priest.

Maybe something that would make the next spell a guaranteed critical hit? Or rework Ancestral Awakening so that it becomes an ability, not RNG. Totem of Ancestral Awakening, an air totem, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJan View Post
    Our problems with spreaded healing throughput originate from being so good at stacked healing. We are balanced around stacked healing. But if there are - surprise surprise - spreaded situations, we simply lack the tools for it. Any further buff to stacked healing is senseless, because if we are uber at stacked healing, we are going to be balanced around just that.
    Except that we don't excel at stacked healing from what I'm hearing.
    At best we are as good as the other healers at stacked healing, which was my point in buffing both stacked and spread.
    If our niche is supposed to be stacked healing than we should be the best at it.
    At the same time that shouldn't make us complete crap at spread healing, we just should be as good at it.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Ascendance get reworked.
    Something like, copies 50% of healing done and spreads evenly to the raid, 1 min CD, 20 sec duration.
    We really need less of our healing tied to long CD abilities anyway.
    Last edited by Wataurenyew; 2013-06-18 at 11:31 PM.