Assitance w/Writing Backstory

Ok, so I'm going to write a backstory for my Orc Resto Shaman, but for fun I would like to base it off community suggestions.

What I'd like is ideas on the following:

1) Plot: A tale of revenge? A quest for a powerful artifact? Rags-to-riches (or vice versa)? Salvation? Zero to hero?

Now, to keep it from being too trope-ish, how can we spin the chosen plot? For instance: a tale of revenge where we kill the wrong person, or where we fail to accomplish the mission...

2) Setting: An era. I'd love a period of War, but I'm not very good with WoW lore, so I'd love a great setting to research for it. I'd also love a geography.

3) Arcs: Is there a love interest? An old friend who risks his life to aid me? A hidden enemy working against me?

4) Tone: Dark, gritty?

5) POV: First? Third?

Overall, I'd really love for the tale to be very challenging, so I am open to whatever outlandish ideas the RP forum might be able to come up with for me to include.

Depending on the scope, I will probably write it in 1k word chapters and post it for anyone who is interested in reading it.

Thanks for your help.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well, if you want war as a shaman, might I suggest the War against the Draenei? There would be pressure on him to abandon the elements in favor for the Fel magics. Or have him be one of the new shaman under Thrall during the period of the "colonisation" of Kalindor.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well, if you want war as a shaman, might I suggest the War against the Draenei? There would be pressure on him to abandon the elements in favor for the Fel magics. Or have him be one of the new shaman under Thrall during the period of the "colonisation" of Kalindor.
    Is this what you are talking about (from WoWiki):

Kil'jaeden, however, was intrigued by the neighboring orcs. Through his protégé Gul'dan, he quickly succeeded in corrupting them. Smoothly manipulated from a state of wary acceptance into blind rage and blood lust, the orcs attacked the draenei. This bloody conflict lasted nearly eight years, but the orcs' triumph was unequivocal. The orcs killed over eighty percent of the draenei race and sent the rest fleeing for safety to the remote corners of the world. Draenei who had fought the Horde and survived found that they had been affected by the fel energies wielded so freely by the orc warlocks. These draenei have since mutated into lesser forms, resulting in a series of subspecies.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    Is this what you are talking about (from WoWiki):
    More or less yeah, though Wowpedia has a better article.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

During the war with the Draenei, all Orc shamans lost their powers, as the spirits abandoned them and would not heed their calls. Rediscovery of Shamanism happened under Drek'Thar first, confined to the Frostwolf clan, then under Thrall for the rest of the Horde, once it had been liberated.

Periods of war where Orc shamans had their shamanistic powers:
    -The Third War (escape from the Eastern Kingdoms, clashes with humans and Night Elves in Kalimdor, Warsong versus the rest of the Horde, more clashes with the Night Elves, combined with all-out war with the Burning Legion)
    -The Founding of Durotar (the Rexxar campaign. The young nation of Durotar being attacked by Daelin Proudmoore of Kul'Tiras, ending in the assault on Theramore and his death)
    -Numerous Horde-Alliance skirmishes during WoW, culminating in an all-out war by the end of Wrath.