View Poll Results: Do you agree with Snowden's Asylum in Russia?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Agree

68 70.83%
  • No not agree

13 13.54%
  • Don't know

3 3.13%
  • Don't care

12 12.50%
Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    The NSA spying was predominantly foreign.
    Sure Mate.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Erich Honecker
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-07-07 at 01:14 AM.

He should have just hidden on the moon, nobody would've even thought to have looked there for him.

Deleted
    Too bad, maybe he could have sought refuge in the Netherlands, at least, that would be funny. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    He should fake his own death like Batman in The Dark Knight Returns
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    But he knew he would get his life ruined over this.....

What a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Over 1 guy? You have no clue what your talking about.
    Oh really?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...rope-nsa-prism
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-austria-plane
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23158242
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52381928/n.../#.UdjFlvn_kUA
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3539179.html

Care to retract your comment or do I have to sit you down and read it to you?

Oh why the hell not.

Amid a growing diplomatic storm, the Bolivian president, Evo Morales, has been allowed to fly out of Vienna, but only after a 12-hour interruption during which his plane was stopped and searched for the whistleblower Edward Snowden.

-SNIP-

Bolivian officials accused France, Portugal, Spain and Italy of withdrawing permission for the plane to pass through their airspace, prompting the unscheduled stop in Vienna.

Bolivia's ambassador to the UN, Sacha Llorenti, said Austria's decision to search the aircraft was an act of aggression and a violation of international law, according to Reuters.

Austria's deputy chancellor, Michael Spindelegger, claimed that Morales "agreed to a voluntary inspection".

Officials in Austria and Bolivia said Snowden was not on the plane.

The Bolivian foreign minister, David Choquehuanca, said: "We don't know who invented this lie. We want to denounce to the international community this injustice with the plane of Evo Morales."

In a midnight press conference, Bolivia's vice-president, Álvaro García Linera, described Morales as being "kidnapped by imperialism" in Europe.

"The ambassador for Spain in Austria has just informed us that there is no authorisation to fly over Spanish territory and that at 9am Wednesday they would be in contact with us again," the Bolivian defence minister, Ruben Saavedra, said.

So yes. Over one guy. I believe you, Tommo, are the person who doesn't know what they're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Sure Mate.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Erich Honecker
    Oh its Erich "Former General Secretary of the East German Communist Party" Honecker that said it now? The other day it was Thomas Jefferson. The week before that it was Benjamin Franklin. I'm sure James Madison made a cameo as well. Like is this a joke?

It's a completely crap quote that betrays a mind capable of only binary thinking. Any developed country with institutions worth a shit can do both.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2013-07-07 at 01:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Sure Mate.

Erich Honecker

That was Benjamin Franklin...

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

Also Americans spying on everyone and everything, who would have thought?

Snowden should walk free. He exposed the american goverment for invading everyones privacy. America should really just stand back an apologize, hunting him just makes them look more like the intellectual cesspool of humanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    That was Benjamin Franklin...

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

Also Americans spying on everyone and everything, who would have thought?

Snowden should walk free. He exposed the american goverment for invading everyones privacy. America should really just stand back an apologize, hunting him just makes them look more like the intellectual cesspool of humanity.
    They can't go lower, besides, they don't give a f probably.

Just scumbags all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I dont know, would you? Im pretty sure a British woman is on death row atm, and she was assigned a lawyer who purposely lost her the case. Its not uncommon, and for a target like Snowden ide put my cash on them fixing the whole thing.

Wasnt there mass protests on independance day but nothing was done? I dont think they give a fuck what the public thinks.
    No I wouldn't, even for him. As for the British Woman, well that sucks for her and I think that's terrible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post

Nation bashing. Awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Oh its Erich "Former General Secretary of the East German Communist Party" Honecker that said it now? The other day it was Thomas Jefferson. The week before that it was Benjamin Franklin. I'm sure James Madison made a cameo as well. Like is this a joke?
    I tried to express my concern that you believe the NSA was primarily involved in foreign affairs might be close to thinking that the "Former General Secretary of the East German Communist Party" said that quote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Nation bashing. Awesome!
    Yes, because I bashed the entire US. Great reading comprehension there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because I bashed the entire US. Great reading comprehension there.

You actually did.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You actually did.
    Excuse me? The person I quoted was talking about the people and organization hunting him down.

Now quit making up things please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me? The person I quoted was talking about the people and organization hunting him down.

Now quit making up things please.
    Referring to the people and organization as "America" is piss poor wording. Saying what you said in response to that piss poor wording comes off as nation bashing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Referring to the people and organization as "America" is piss poor wording. Saying what you said in response to that piss poor wording comes off as nation bashing.
    Then it's a misunderstanding, please tell me why I would bash
    an entire country of which only a handful are the scumbags who search for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I am done with this made up bullcrap, I won't be demonized for this. :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it's a misunderstanding, please tell me why I would bash
    an entire country of which only a handful are the scumbags who search him.
    Misunderstandings: The bane of conversations everywhere and the creator of many enemies. Its just what it looked like. Go ahead and bash the gov't, the rest of us Mericans sure do

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I wish Obama would just pardon this guy and admit he fucked up with the whole "spying on everyone, everywhere" thing.
    So wait, when the programs were made, you didn't care, but now when its under Obama you suddenly give a shit about it? Sorry to say but Snowden deserves anything and everything he gets out of this. He has 4 laptops in his possession, all with government secrets on them, he has given information to China on what computers we could be watching for them hacking the US government/corporations. How long before he starts opening these laptops to the Russian government?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So wait, when the programs were made, you didn't care, but now when its under Obama you suddenly give a shit about it? Sorry to say but Snowden deserves anything and everything he gets out of this. He has 4 laptops in his possession, all with government secrets on them, he has given information to China on what computers we could be watching for them hacking the US government/corporations. How long before he starts opening these laptops to the Russian government?
    Depends if the US gov. starts liking freedom again. This is how it was in the cold war. Soviets and US would barter for German scientists, try and set them up with nice lives so they would work for the government.

I was referring to the notion of asylum, since that was the topical point you were making.

Im not talking about the spying scandal. Purely the notion that granting asylum to Snowden wont break alliances, and if it does then Obama is even more petty and pathetic than he already seems to be.
    Oh, it will. I was directly refering to granting asylum.

Let me spell it out to you. Austria, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal were willing to stage an international incident, by preventing Bolivian President Evo Morales from flying through their airspace because US Intelligence had reason to believe he was on his Presidential Aircaft. The plane was forced to land in Austria, where the Austrian government searched the plane of the President of Bolivia for Edward Snowden.

Now can you imagine this being done to Air Force One? Of course not. European governments are so on the US's side over Snowden they didn't care about an action against Bolivia so unfriendly, it even gives me pause, just on the suspicion that Snowden was there. They don't want him going through their air space.

If that doesn't make crystal clear to you how serious the US is taking this, then nothing will. The US told Europe to force the head of state of another country to land and have the property of another state searched, and Europe didn't so much as pause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He'll give up the only leverage he has for living in Venezuela, and, you know, not having an unfortunate automobile accident.