Thread: The E3 Thread

Page 1 of 147
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

The E3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    Personally, like E3 2005 when all of the major platforms for the previous generation were announced, I'm hoping we're in for another good E3. All of the major press conferences are today, except Nintendo who opted out of a press conference in favor of smaller "behind-closed-doors" meetings and another Nintendo Direct video.

[ Schedule of E3 2013 Press Conferences ]
    All times are local to Pacific time (PDT - America/Los Angeles), where E3 is held.

Microsoft XBOX: A New Generation of Games Revealed - Monday, June 10, 2013 @ 9:30am
    Electronic Arts' The Download 2013 Preview - Monday, June 10, 2013 @ 1:00pm
    Ubisoft E3 2013 - Monday, June 10, 2013 @ 3:00pm
    Sony PS4 - See It First - Monday, June 10, 2013 @ 6:00pm
    Nintendo Direct @ E3 2013 - Tuesday, June 11, 2013 @ 7:00am

Alternatively, aside from direct Live Streams from the publishers themselves, the following Gaming Media outlets also have live streams or coverage of the events.
    - GameTrailers.com/e3 & SpikeTV
    - IGN.com/e3
    - GameSpot.com/e3

13 hours to go until E3 is upon us, what do you want to see? Are you going to be there?
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-06-10 at 07:05 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll look from time to time, while I'm at work, but I'm not really expecting nor looking for anything.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Im gonna follow it, of course. Theres lots of intresting new gen games.

Deleted
    Im hoping ppl will post info here. Has been thin on info yet, so guess it hasn't started =) How do you watch it otherwise, need to buy some stream or?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be watching it, I knew calling out of work for the entire week (minus Saturday and Sunday) would be useful and I did it without even realizing E3 was this week.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be following reddit throughout the day. Unfortunately I will be working so won't be able to watch it, but I am very excited for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did last year but no way will I be doing that again, it's on at close to 3am my time, I'll just read through websites in the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I will be following reddit throughout the day. Unfortunately I will be working so won't be able to watch it, but I am very excited for it.
    Keep a stream up in the background if you can.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have the link for the stream? I've never watched it before so unsure how they do it. Is it multiple streams for multiple areas or is there a stream that 'covers it all' available like Blizzcon?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Does anyone have the link for the stream? I've never watched it before so unsure how they do it. Is it multiple streams for multiple areas or is there a stream that 'covers it all' available like Blizzcon?

Thanks
    gametrailers covers the whole thing i believe and you can watch the Microsoft conference on spike tv if you get it.

I'll watch what i can but unfortunately i work when the Sony conference is on which is the one i really wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post

Thanks
    There's going to be a ton of streams. There will be the press confrences from Sony/Microsoft/EA/Ubisoft tomorrow, and you should be able to find them on just about any gaming news site. Beyond that, the more video oriented sites like GameTrailers or maybe Revision 3 will have streams going, and some companies like Square Enix will be running streams periodically throughout the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were hardly any games shown on the last few E3s, and the new consoles will have even less... I'm only going to watch because of faint hopes for some vaporware games to reappear.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be, but I'm not expecting too much quite honestly. Maybe I'll be wrong.

I'm probably just going to watch the Sony/Xbone press conferences and the Nintendo live feed. Then just casually check some gaming news sites (probably this forum too :P)

Am I right in saying the press conferences are on today? Honestly all I am interested in is the Witcher 3, Squareinx(hoping for a KH3 release even though a member of the copy said that won't be annouced until after Kh2.5 remix comes out next year) and maybe some game play of the new MGS game.

Out side of that only microsofts press conference currently interests me, as I assume they have something decent to show to make up for all the crap. Might watch a repeat of sonys as its on late and couldn't give a toss about EA or Ubisoft

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    13 hours to go until E3 is upon us, what do you want to see? Are you going to be there?
    E3 is 22 hours 30 mins away not 13, it goes off US time since it's held in the US not where you live otherwise E3 would be on in a few hours for me.

Fill me inn, what are these conventions for. Gameplay of non-released games, we already know will come out, or?

Not quit sure what to hope/look for at these things. Or will developers actually tell us about new releases and show gameplay off the work so far?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    E3 is 22 hours 30 mins away not 13, it goes off US time since it's held in the US not where you live otherwise E3 would be on in a few hours for me.
    Uhh, 1st conference is MS at 9AM PST, which is 6hr 22 minutes away as of this moment. E3 starts at 8AM if I remember correctly.

Ah right forgot that technically is 11th-13th, despite conferences on 10th.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-06-10 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Uhh, 1st conference is MS at 9AM PST, which is 6hr 22 minutes as of this moment.
    Yea the Microsoft Conference is technically ahead of the 'official' beginning of E3. I think Sony is that night, then Nintendo is the next day during the start of the conference?

Anyway, no, I'll be sleeping. I'll watch the conferences later, then watch the commentary from a couple sites I like, and wait for the actual devs to show off their new stuff for the new consoles. Love to see some new open-world-ish PC games as well beyond Witcher 3 and... that's it.

I'm hoping both MS and Sony will have playable versions of their consoles at the show with demos for games each.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2013-06-10 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope I won't watch it.
    The amount of unnecessary information that will be talked about will drive me crazy.

I'll just watch the recaps of games tomorrow night.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?