What Professions should I get? (help)

Hello all
    I have four level 90s and the Proffessions I have so far is
    - Enchanting and Jewelcrafting both maxed on my Mage
    - Leatherworking and Alchemy both maxed on my Priest
    Zero Professions on my hunter
    Zero professions on my Holy pally
    I want to make the most profit out of having four 90s and don't know which ones to get
    I am on a high pop PVE and PVp realm
    Ghost iron ore sells around 60g per stack
    Primals sell around 400g
    I will update post with more info if I think of anything.
    Also thinking of xferring my rogue over from horde who has no professions.
    Thanks

Deleted
    Well at least you provided relevant details. I think LW and BS are worth having, but only if you have the patterns. My preference is always to have a gatherer just in case market prices get silly or supplies short. In this case the next boom period will be the final content patch and then next expansion.

I would say decide how much gold you wnat to make and then start using professions which reqiore effort. You will make more money using a few professions well than every single profession used poorly. Gold is a bit overrated though so dont get too wound up by it.

The most profitable thing you can do is do all of the quests and vendor the stuff you get. It's monotonous, but you get heaps of gold.

Thanks to both of you, il get blacksmithing on my pally and I decided on engineering on my hunter?. Leaves 2 Professions I can still get, I am thinking inscription. My Druid on a different realm has both mining and herbing 600 so I may xfer that over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inscription is pretty cheap and easy to level. There's very little profit to be made with it at this stage of the expansion, but having 1 (or even 2!) ready for next expansion might not be such a bad idea. I had 1 in cata, and leveled a second one late in the expansion (switched an alchemy out) and it has made me a ton of profit. Being able to make twice the number of Darkmoon cards (and thus trinkets) at the start of the expansion made me more gold then anything else I've ever done in this game. Be aware though that it's an expensive thing to set up at the start of an expansion AND that the past os no guarantee for the future. You never know how Blizz might change the Darkmoon cards or the profession in the future.

If you're not high on gold, and you decide not to transfer over your druid, then taking Herbing/mining on them might not be too bad of an idea either. There's gold to be made by simply not spending it, both in leveling and later on when you need stuff for your self. Farming is an option too in that case, although farming is not for everybody when it comes to doing it long term for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Inscription is pretty cheap and easy to level. There's very little profit to be made with it at this stage of the expansion, but having 1 (or even 2!) ready for next expansion might not be such a bad idea. I had 1 in cata, and leveled a second one late in the expansion (switched an alchemy out) and it has made me a ton of profit. Being able to make twice the number of Darkmoon cards (and thus trinkets) at the start of the expansion made me more gold then anything else I've ever done in this game. Be aware though that it's an expensive thing to set up at the start of an expansion AND that the past os no guarantee for the future. You never know how Blizz might change the Darkmoon cards or the profession in the future.

If you're not high on gold, and you decide not to transfer over your druid, then taking Herbing/mining on them might not be too bad of an idea either. There's gold to be made by simply not spending it, both in leveling and later on when you need stuff for your self. Farming is an option too in that case, although farming is not for everybody when it comes to doing it long term for profit.
    Thanks xskarma.
    I really wish I took advantage of having quite a few level 90s and 85s earlier instead of now. Decks still go for 6-10k on my realm so I may get scribe on a few other guys as well

Deleted
    Learn your server. the peak times are new expansions and new content. At the time of a new expansion then gathering is king for the 4-8 weeks imo.
    The other thing is multiple scribes so you cna produce a darkmoon deck every day. minimal time and max money. Not fussed about engineering, but id always keep an alchemust plys full JC and full enchanter along with the gatherer. AH is pretty mature at the moment imo the patch surge is dropping fast....back to undercutting.

Use TSM, And go melt ores and prolly make triollium bars and sell them worked for my 40k