Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    The point I'm making is that to make ANY use of the trinket at all you'd have to gear more for a worse stat, which means that while you'll get an increase in damage during relatively small windows, and you'll gear completely wrong for your spec the rest of the time--and utter crap damage for the 8-9 sec of the RoRO proc that you're not taking any advantage of the proc.

I got the OP's point, and I got that Coldkil missed it. My point is that the trinket is gamey for little gain and encourages bad gearing choices. Trying to gear around a trinket is like trying to gear around a cooldown, it's just not worth it most of the time.
    This is where I think it really comes in. We'd have to pull out the sims and write new prios to figure out whether or not it's over the default profile... but SnD/Rupture do not Rake/Rip or Tigereye Brew make. The loss of stats is unlikely to pull ahead of gaming rune for strong Rupture ticks and strong SnD, because the amount it empowers them by comparison is... not really worth the effort. I could be wrong, and rune could be BiS for sub played correctly, but, eh, between the extra work and the way Sub's already behind, I don't see it getting used.

Deleted
    If shadowcraft wasn't written in Python, i'd try to sim it myself.

also, it's not immediately needed to pop rupture and SnD when Rune procs. you can let the old ones keep ticking while you gather enough CP and anticipation charges to apply the hypercharged buffs.