Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I enjoyed the game. Would have preferred a traditional turn based combat system, but I liked the story and the characters. What I didn't really care for, was the ending. I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, so I'll just say that while I expected part of it, there was one scene that seemed out of order and the last scene was very confusing.
    I agree with that about the last scene. Assuming you mean the final post credits one.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I agree with that about the last scene. Assuming you mean the final post credits one.
    Yep, that's the one.

well i tried the new special section on the menu and said i didnt have the season pass anymore, hurm :/

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    well i tried the new special section on the menu and said i didnt have the season pass anymore, hurm :/
    I had the same problem at first, but after messing around in the store I found a place that you have to download additional items beyond the patch itself such as holiday+(or whatever it was called) before your game recognizes that you actually have the season pass. Simply activating the code for the season pass doesn't seem to actually unlock anything.

Yeah i found it after, strange the season pass doesnt just get it in patches. Still it was neat minigame stuff but nothing amazing.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

How do I call Umbra after the end of the game? Went to the rest spot right near the load location and there was no option to call him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How do I call Umbra after the end of the game? Went to the rest spot right near the load location and there was no option to call him.
    Sit on the bed and it should say Rest and under that Call Umbra. I didn't have the option there until I beat the game and it loaded back up to that point.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Taken from Gematsu

Regarding a release on other platforms…

Tabata: “I’d like to release the game on PC as a technical attempt. I want to show PC users Final Fantasy XV running on high-end machines, and we personally would like to see it, too. Also, I would like to try developing on PC to pursue a unique way of playing with PC-exclusive features like making your own quests and enjoying the world using things like mods.”
    Mods in a FF game? I know the PS1 FF Tactics had a pretty sweet modding community so it wouldn't be the first time.

He was also asked a bunch of other questions about the DLCs and new zones, etc, but his answer to most of them were "i can't really talk about that right now".

Update 1.05 coming this month.
    https://finalfantasyxv.com/en/updates
    PlayStation®4 Pro console Lite Mode compatibility with a maximum of 60 FPS
    New Timed Quests (limited-time and contests)
    Higher level cap (up to Level 120)
    Increased camera roll capacity (store up to 200 photos)
    Portable music player for Chocobo rides
    Conclusion of the Moogle Chocobo Carnival
    Highly interested in seeing how close to 60fps the lite mode gets and what the game loses to get there, also the level cap increase is awesome.

Also...
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fin.../1100-6447678/
    Final Fantasy 15's Character Creation Tool Teased In New Image
    It's unclear if it will be possible to make someone better than Ignis.
    Following a tease that such a feature could be coming last year, Square Enix has confirmed it is indeed working on a character-creation system for Final Fantasy XV.

Director Hajime Tabata shared some details regarding the feature in an interview with DualShockers. He described it as being intended for the forthcoming multiplayer mode, although it's possible these characters can be taken into single-player, too.

"The character creation function is actually in the works right now," he explained. "However [it] is not something that we can just show off, as it would probably not wow your readers at this stage. However, what we're doing right now is not just implementing a character creation feature, but we want to combine that with a multiplayer feature, so that players can not only create a new character, but also bring it in multiplayer.

"Right now, the current stage of development lets you change the character and morph it into another character that looks very different."

The image above shows an early look at the character creation tool. At the moment, the number of options--height, head size, and muscle--is quite limited, though that's likely to change as development moves ahead.

Specifically regarding the ability to use these player-made characters in single-player, Tabata said, "We want to implement it so that you can use them in single-player as well, although this is something usually made for multiplayer."

There still aren't many details on Final Fantasy XV's multiplayer mode. However, Tabata did reiterate that it's "a four-player co-op multiplayer game" rather than something that resembles Grand Theft Auto V's online component.

Elsewhere in the interview, Tabata said Square Enix wants to support Final Fantasy XV "as much as possible," though the current plan is limited to the one year after release. You can read the full thing at DualShockers.

We recently learned Final Fantasy XV broke even on developments costs in just a single day. Looking ahead, new DLC and free updates are on the way, although one featuring new outfits has been postponed for looking a bit too familiar.
    It really is starting to look like the online will be something like Monster Hunter/Final Fantasy Explorers. I can't wait, Even more so if it runs 60fps ;p
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-14 at 04:29 AM.

I know it makes me a huge grouch but at this point, after 100 hours put in to beat all the content in FFXV thus far, stuff like the character creation just makes me go 'is this really time not better spent starting on FFXVI?" they kind of seem to be treating FFXV like this wierd quasi persistent title rather than a one and done jrpg and i can only hope another team is already working on XVI or its going to be another 7-10 year job and SE has proved with the 'decade of lightning' that that just doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I know it makes me a huge grouch but at this point, after 100 hours put in to beat all the content in FFXV thus far, stuff like the character creation just makes me go 'is this really time not better spent starting on FFXVI?" they kind of seem to be treating FFXV like this wierd quasi persistent title rather than a one and done jrpg and i can only hope another team is already working on XVI or its going to be another 7-10 year job and SE has proved with the 'decade of lightning' that that just doesnt work.
    As it stand's square has two other big RPG's in the pipe line so don't expect FFXVI until those come out. Also it could just be a small team working on FFXV, They are giving it a year of development before leaving it.

So it is nice to see a game get supported well after release.

Man i guess but it really doesnt feel like a lot of it was needed and i would hate to see another entire console generation where you get one original mainline FF title again due to unwisely alloted resources. FFXV was fun but i'm not left craving a massive amount of extra content in the game for contents sake. There comes a point with DLC where it either becomes "why wasnt this in the base game to begin with instead of a 'micropayfreebuy' affair" or "if you like this idea why not put it in a new game?"

Its probably because it is just a single player rpg. Its over, you beat Ardyn and theres a very definite end. Months of 'heres stuff set at no point in the story but clearly before the end' that so far hasn't actually been very good. It just seems like a massive waste of time and resources so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite liked FF15 and bought the season pass, but im not incredibly hyped. Mostly because they decided to release the first DLC when Mass Effect Andromeda launches. And then Promptos comes in a month with ESO Morrowind and FF14 Stormblood. Its hard to get excited about DLC with main menu right next to you.

Yeah maybe being an FFXIV player hurts XV a little since thats a glut of content every 3 odd months and if my time is episode prompto or Red Mage and Ala Mhigo sadly thats no contest for poor ole' fucboi fantasy 15

https://www.surveymonkey.com/survey-...hT6uHqng_3D_3D

Square Enix is hosting a(n) (actually very honest) survey for EVERYONE on their thoughts on FFXV. This is aimed at BOTH people who HAVE and HAVE NOT played FFXV, with the former being asked what they liked/disliked about the game while the latter are asked as to why they have held off, were turned off or otherwise are not interested in playing it. Help us out guys and push for Final Fantasy on PC again!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/survey-...hT6uHqng_3D_3D

Square Enix is hosting a(n) (actually very honest) survey for EVERYONE on their thoughts on FFXV. This is aimed at BOTH people who HAVE and HAVE NOT played FFXV, with the former being asked what they liked/disliked about the game while the latter are asked as to why they have held off, were turned off or otherwise are not interested in playing it. Help us out guys and push for Final Fantasy on PC again!
    Hmm, says that I have already completed it, but this is the first I have saw of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Hmm, says that I have already completed it, but this is the first I have saw of it.
    It's the same for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the Gladio DLC is about 2 hours long, with some extra modes unlocked when you beat it (time attack etc).
    Gotta say im disapointed. Wasnt all that hyped to begin with but still.. Meh.

On mobile , hassle to link the article. But its on Gamespot iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/11/148...-preview-video

Edit: not GameSpot, Polygon.

Man i'll try it but i've really run out of steam on FFXV already, its staying power with me is kind of poor since it feels so chopped up and half finished in retrospect and this all feels like resources better spent on just making another game.

Hopefully FF16 is less of a shitshow now the last of the 'fabula nova crystalis project' nightmare is over.