Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    DPS trinkets, flask and enchants should probably be used.

We don't traditionally go for DPS stats to tank (crit, haste) so of course our DPS is going to look worse compared to other tanks when we roll in with more traditional tanking stats (mastery heavy). If you gear yourself towards crit and haste though our damage is pretty good.

We get decent scaling from haste (nothing spectacular) but the problem lies that other tanks get more survival out of it and do get the benefits of more damage. Furthermore some of the other tanks actively scale their survival from crit where we don't.

If they added some crit functionality for blood DKs survival wise the DPS difference/threat wouldn't be as apparent.

It's something they will probably do next expansion anyway. I can't see dodge/parry staying as stats. They aren't very fun as stats and finding a balance between fun stats like crit, haste and mastery is much more engaging. It also removes clutter from loot tables as tanking gear is very specific and is only used on 2-3 people in your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    DPS trinkets, flask and enchants should probably be used.

We don't traditionally go for DPS stats to tank (crit, haste) so of course our DPS is going to look worse compared to other tanks when we roll in with more traditional tanking stats (mastery heavy). If you gear yourself towards crit and haste though our damage is pretty good.

We get decent scaling from haste (nothing spectacular) but the problem lies that other tanks get more survival out of it and do get the benefits of more damage. Furthermore some of the other tanks actively scale their survival from crit where we don't.

If they added some crit functionality for blood DKs survival wise the DPS difference/threat wouldn't be as apparent.

It's something they will probably do next expansion anyway. I can't see dodge/parry staying as stats. They aren't very fun as stats and finding a balance between fun stats like crit, haste and mastery is much more engaging. It also removes clutter from loot tables as tanking gear is very specific and is only used on 2-3 people in your raid.
    Personally, I'd prefer that tanks be tanks and DPS be DPS. When I put on my cat set, spec cat and can't match the numbers I pull when tanking, something is wrong. When you have PvP tanks gemming for Dodge and PvE tanks gemming for Critical Strike, something is definitely wrong.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find that style boring and I think you would be hard pressed to find the majority of tanks who agree with it, I think it's more disgruntled DPS who are use to topping the meters from expansions past.

Sitting there being a meat shield and having you contribution outside of survival being the only measuring stick isn't very fun to me. They would have to make bosses way more dangerous, revamp tanks to give us even more survival tools to keep tanking as engaging if they were to remove any meaningful DPS contribution.

If they they suddenly made tank damage not matter in T16 it would be a very boring tier if all we had to worry about is our active mitigation. I would probably fall asleep tanking bosses.

PvP tanks gem dodge?

I don't see a problem with PvE tanks gemming or forging for critical strikes if the class is setup for it. Mind you I think the numbers are off a bit in how much uptime monks get from EB, but that kind of thought going into your mitigation is WAY better than gemming/forging for dodge/parry just to go up a few measly % in avoided attacks. I'm also not saying that critical strike should be incredibly powerful for DK tanks. What I am saying is that we should get some benefit from critical strike, however small it might be.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are having serious issues, glyph DRW and use it for longer tank swaps (Durumu). Otherwise, ask your other tank to only auto-attack for about 5 seconds, providing you are preforming the rotation correctly, you should be able to regain and hold aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.