Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    I work at the largest Best Buy in my state, we're not doing a midnight release for Smash. I feel like if there is one Nintendo game that could do well for a midnight launch it would be Smash.
    Its only the biggest game of the decade!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    My city is awful and I cannot find a place with the bundle that is doing midnight release, I am going to have to risk them having it at Walmart.
    I've been waiting for Amazon to restock it, but I'm not sure it's actually going to happen before release. May just have to buy the game separate and get the adapter later.

I have a cheapo off-brand single-controller adapter I can use in the meantime, but it's a little finicky. Plus my GC controllers are old and worn as fuck so I may just need to get a new one separately too.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Are they selling the adaptor and everything separate?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The adapter and SSB edition controller are both listed on Amazon separate from the bundle, but they are both "unavailable", just like the bundle. The game itself is the only thing you can currently pay for.

Pretty sure they plan to continue selling it standalone

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to pre-order the bundle from best buy. At least this way I have control over when I get it, that being when I get my ass to the store, rather than waiting for the UPS guy to show up. Guess Amazon just doesn't want my money.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

the only place doing midnight is a game stop which is no longer taking preorders.

So dumb they announced midnight after preorders had stopped.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally going digital as usual and going to order the adapter separately, I can live a few days using the classic controller. I was actually not planning on getting the adapter because one of my USB slots is taken by my external hard drive so I thought I would be unable to use both and then today I discovered the front panel and an SD card that I'm not sure if I put in when I bought it or if it came in the wii-u.

12 Hours until I'm chilling in a Wal Mart trying to get this!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

ProJared will be streaming gameplay of Smash WiiU shortly (in roughly 20 minutes from when I post this), if anyone is interested in seeing some live gameplay:

http://www.twitch.tv/projared
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Conditions to unlock fighters in the Wii U version:

Falco: 10 Smash matches or Clear Classic

Wario: 20 Smash matches or complete 100-man Smash

Lucina: 30 Smash matches or Clear Classic at 5.5 or higher with Marth

Dark Pit: 40 Smash matches or Clear All-Star on Normal

Dr. Mario: 50 SMash Matches or Clear Master Orders on Hard

ROB: 60 matches or Complete 10 rounds of Crazy Orders before fighting and Defeating Crazy Hand

Mr. Game & Watch: 80 Smash matches or Clear Classic with 5 characters

Duck Hunt: 100 Smash matches or make 1 KO in Cruel Smash

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is live if you pre-downloaded!

ugh i heard some other news sites saying sakurai said "no more dlc after mewtwo" what a load of clickbait bullshit. anyways i found the original article.

he basically just says what nintendo always says when theyre dipping their feet into something. we know theres going to be dlc because theres a built in shop and arrows on the character select and stage select spot. basically hes saying "we havent started yet, but if people respond well to mewtwo and it sells well we will make more dlc"

"Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai has explained why Mewtwo wasn't released as paid DLC, and what Nintendo plans to do with future Smash Bros. DLC.

In an email interview with IGN, Sakurai said:

"As for why Mewtwo isn't paid content from the start, releasing that character is an experiment meant to act as a foothold in content distribution; thus it's simply meant as part of the service we're providing to gamers."

Before discussing Mewtwo, he clarified:

"Creating a single fighter involves a huge investment, and we've already been giving it our all and investing a lot of work in the characters currently available in the game, and I think it's an incredible package in terms of the sheer amount of content in the game. But it might be that people may not understand and may think that I am not offering enough just by looking at DLC itself."

Sakurai added that while the fighter roster is a huge part of what makes Smash Bros. exciting, keeping that excitement alive through paid DLC might be met with criticism that Nintendo is "adding things later that should have been there from the start."

"...What I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren't working on anything at the moment. We've put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people."

Last month, Nintendo announced that those who purchase both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros. can download Mewtwo for free in both versions of the game around Spring 2015."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...-smash-wii-3ds
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat 9.0 classic already xD. There's no challenge for it, but the final boss was surprising!

Stupid, STUPID UPS.

So I preordered several of the Amiibos on Amazon, release day shipping, so it got sent out on Wednesday and was supposed to arrive today.

But noooooooo... the morons decided to transport my package through Buffalo, NY - and for those of you who don't know why that's an issue, well:

Sploid - Holy mother of God, check out the giant snow wall swallowing Buffalo

Vane - How Many Snowstorms Would It Take to Match Buffalo's Week From Hell?

Gawker - Heroes Raid Doritos Truck to Survive Buffalo's Devastating Snowstorm

Strangely enough, my brother also ordered from Amazon and got his package yesterday, a whole day early... must be because I ordered different ones than him. At least we preordered the game at Target.

Also, good luck to all the people in Buffalo dealing with that crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    snip
    This might also be interesting to some (if they don't know already). I know some don't like to give gaming website a visit, I don't know which ones are okay or not but the gist of it is that 1 skullgirls (indie fighter) character costs $250K and it is rumored that a completely new SF4 character costs $1 million.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25...ly-is-cheaper/

So I can understand that they want to see how to do DLC for this game. If they ask $10 for 1 character then people might call it a ripoff but making say 8-10 characters for $15 might not be financially viable.

i think they will supplement the high cost of completely new characters by selling them in packs like all there other games so far.

1 new character, a clone or two, a couple skins, a stage. could sell each pack for about 6 - 10$

for example if, when they sell mewtwo later on they could include him in a pack.

like say the pokemon pack

mewtwo, pichu, some skins for the pokemon chars like shiny charizard. maybe even some pokemon flavored skins for other characters like say pokemon trainer costumes for humanoid chars like ike. then like maybe a hoenn stage or something.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think they will supplement the high cost of completely new characters by selling them in packs like all there other games so far.

1 new character, a clone or two, a couple skins, a stage. could sell each pack for about 6 - 10$

for example if, when they sell mewtwo later on they could include him in a pack.

like say the pokemon pack

mewtwo, pichu, some skins for the pokemon chars like shiny charizard. maybe even some pokemon flavored skins for other characters like say pokemon trainer costumes for humanoid chars like ike. then like maybe a hoenn stage or something.
    I like the idea. Except the Pokemon skins for other fighters thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I like the idea. Except the Pokemon skins for other fighters thing.
    you're tellin me you wouldnt play as lucina dressed up like dawn :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are the opinions on Ganondorf in this game? I liked that they gave him his own flavor and altered his moves to behave a little differently from Captain Falcon's, he hits like an 18 wheeler but he moves fairly slowly, but some of his attacks are still fairly quick. Finding more enjoyment playing with a controller then on the 3DS version.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man they better make a Palutena amiibo, I'll be all over that, by far my favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Man they better make a Palutena amiibo, I'll be all over that, by far my favorite character.
    How, shes so worthless.
    Gamdwelf the Mage