"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The demo for everyone is now available in the eShop. You can only load up the demo 30 times per 3DS, so make sure you get in as much Smashing as possible per use.

Rocking it hard with Megaman in the demo!
    Pokemon Friend Code: 0232-8070-7531

Link feels nimble again, either at or better than his Melee counterpart, judging from the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Incarnate View Post
    Link feels nimble again, either at or better than his Melee counterpart, judging from the demo.
    Link feels really good this time around, I really like his dash attack, but it kinda leaves him open during the animation, but before the strike hits.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Link feels really good this time around, I really like his dash attack, but it kinda leaves him open during the animation, but before the strike hits.
    It's probably due to the balancing the dev team has been doing, an open but good dash attack, Villager has some great recoveries. Pikachu feels the same as previous games (probably just numbers being adjusted), Mario's FLUDD is a nice addition to his arsenal, only one I haven't spent much time on is Megaman so far.

Link by far in the demo is my most played.

It's probably due to the balancing the dev team has been doing, an open but good dash attack, Villager has some great recoveries. Pikachu feels the same as previous games (probably just numbers being adjusted), Mario's FLUDD is a nice addition to his arsenal, only one I haven't spent much time on is Megaman so far.

Link by far in the demo is my most played.
    Villager seems like he can be really good if used correctly which isn't going to be easy. FLUDD was in brawl, but it seems to work slightly differently this game, don't have the demo on my own DS yet to try it out.

Pikachu also felt almost identical to his brawl counterpart, but I can tell his down b is different.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Villager seems like he can be really good if used correctly which isn't going to be easy. FLUDD was in brawl, but it seems to work slightly differently this game, don't have the demo on my own DS yet to try it out.

Pikachu also felt almost identical to his brawl counterpart, but I can tell his down b is different.
    Yeah pikachu's down B does work a little differently this time, but I feel it will be worth using in combos still.

Yeah pikachu's down B does work a little differently this time, but I feel it will be worth using in combos still.
    I think it will actually be more useful in combos now.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Well, i guess the demo sealed the deal for me buying the 3DS version too. Felt pretty neat although i will be changing that horrid shield/grab, which are on the totally wrong buttons for me. Was a bit odd to steer with the pad on the 3DS as well, sometimes i just failed misserably at landing smash attacks or a quick thunder, but i got used to it after a few games.

Disappointed that it does not support the circle pad pro. Good thing i checked before considering buying it. Happy nothing bad has happened to pikachu, can always default to him if i need something to win with

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw somewhere(not sure if it's a custom move or not) that his down B will pierce platforms.

Really enjoying Mario and Link on the demo. Villager's alright, don't really play Pikachu, and not a fan of Megaman. He does have the best final smash though.

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I saw somewhere(not sure if it's a custom move or not) that his down B will pierce platforms.

Really enjoying Mario and Link on the demo. Villager's alright, don't really play Pikachu, and not a fan of Megaman. He does have the best final smash though.
    I can confirm that it does pierce platforms, seen it with Coms and using it myself.

I can confirm that it does pierce platforms, seen it with Coms and using it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggnarock View Post
    Rocking it hard with Megaman in the demo!
    added you two guys friend codes :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was kinda hoping for more then one level to play....

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Was kinda hoping for more then one level to play....
    I don't really mind it, I mean on the tournament setting all the stages will be the same to begin with, just the background changing.

As a side note, Mario feels great, with a good ~6 hours in him so far, and I can really feel the changes he got, mainly his cape, and the way his fireballs work in the air, making for great jump-ins.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

All I have to say is wow it runs a lot better than I thought it would. Everything looks so fluid, but it was a bit odd trying to get used to the controls at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    All I have to say is wow it runs a lot better than I thought it would. Everything looks so fluid, but it was a bit odd trying to get used to the controls at first.
    Really? The setup is almost exactly like a game cube controller except no z button.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to change the subject a bit but I went to my first tourney today for Melee. Did better than most expected by winning my first, losing my second to a top 10 in the state player to winning 2 rounds in losers. People were asking who I was...
    Hey everyone