Question about warlocks in general

Hello all.

So I am at a point now where I have never played a caster for most end game content. However I really want too.

I leveled a warlock and enjoyed it a lot but the uselessness that is Warlock in arena is really disgraceful. So I made this toon in the end, but never really gave it a chance.

I like the fact that with a priest I can dps and heal. And being able to heal opens up a lot of opportunities for me as a player.

What would you suggest for a priest over a warlock, or a warlock over a priest? Making same thread in other forum to get unbiased ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by kruor View Post
    Hello all.

So I am at a point now where I have never played a caster for most end game content. However I really want too.

I leveled a warlock and enjoyed it a lot but the uselessness that is Warlock in arena is really disgraceful. So I made this toon in the end, but never really gave it a chance.

I like the fact that with a priest I can dps and heal. And being able to heal opens up a lot of opportunities for me as a player.

What would you suggest for a priest over a warlock, or a warlock over a priest? Making same thread in other forum to get unbiased ideas.
    From personal experience, I find warlocks to be very fun for PVE. I can remember the days, when I could just never get to level a Lock past the early levels. Blizzard really did good and rewamped the entire class while improving the QOL issues.

However, Warlocks simply fall back in PVP. Sure they can do a lot of damage if not focused. Focus a Warlock hard and they will drop. Ferals, Warriors and Hunters seem to have it really easy with Warlocks.

If you are strictly looking for a PVP toon, Priests are pretty good, both Disc and Shadow.

If for PVE, Warlocks no doubt.