Page 43 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frostflame Weapon. While your weapon is imbued with Flametongue Weapon, your attacks also slow the target's movement speed by 50% for 3 sec.

This seems to replace the current PVP 4 set for enha. I think it's a really good change.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Frostflame Weapon. While your weapon is imbued with Flametongue Weapon, your attacks also slow the target's movement speed by 50% for 3 sec.

This seems to replace the current PVP 4 set for enha. I think it's a really good change.
    I am just starting to get into Enh PvP, how is this going to effect us? will we start running flametongue as a default now? Without the mini sprint from unleashed elements it'll be harsh.

I mean it does give us choice, but I'm of the extremely uninformed opinion of they should keep the old 4 set and add this new 4 set on top of it.

I am astounded...shaman have glyphs in latest patch notes that look like they actually had thought and time put in to them.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post

OH HELL YES!

About damn time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this has been discussed to death already but I didn't feel like digging through this entire thread to find some specific discussion.

Has anyone done any serious raid testing since the resto buffs? With serious I mean you played with competent people that knew their classes, raiding with some never-set-foot-in-heroic-raids people probably won't give you any kind of idea of how you performed.

The HR radius increase, HR 14 man target cap in 25s, HTT baseline and 12 man target cap in 25 man, CH buff, CH glyph buff, and having an entire tier of "extra" talents thanks to HTT should make quite a huge difference in our performance.

I'd be me interested to hear about 25 man testing since resto seems to be buffed through the roof in that seeing but I'm also interested in hearing about our 10man performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed to death already but I didn't feel like digging through this entire thread to find some specific discussion.

Has anyone done any serious raid testing since the resto buffs? With serious I mean you played with competent people that knew their classes, raiding with some never-set-foot-in-heroic-raids people probably won't give you any kind of idea of how you performed.

The HR radius increase, HR 14 man target cap in 25s, HTT baseline and 12 man target cap in 25 man, CH buff, CH glyph buff, and having an entire tier of "extra" talents thanks to HTT should make quite a huge difference in our performance.

I'd be me interested to hear about 25 man testing since resto seems to be buffed through the roof in that seeing but I'm also interested in hearing about our 10man performance.
    There hasn't been 25 man raid testing yet, even for LFR/flex, and you can't even enter Throne of Thunder if you got a group together, so it is next to impossible to test the 25 man HR change right now. Keep in mind that SoO it its entirety seems to be heavily spread fights with very little raid stacking, so it is unlikely we are going to hit that 14 target cap very often in the new tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    There hasn't been 25 man raid testing yet, even for LFR/flex, and you can't even enter Throne of Thunder if you got a group together, so it is next to impossible to test the 25 man HR change right now. Keep in mind that SoO it its entirety seems to be heavily spread fights with very little raid stacking, so it is unlikely we are going to hit that 14 target cap very often in the new tier.
    Oh ok. Has any 10 man testing been done? As for the HR thing, you may not hit 14 people very often, but every person above 6 is a decent buff over live. So at the minimum you'll probably see a 50% buff to HR over live since hitting all 14 people would be something dumb like a 150% buff. Even still the other changes i mentioned are going to make quite a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Oh ok. Has any 10 man testing been done? As for the HR thing, you may not hit 14 people very often, but every person above 6 is a decent buff over live. So at the minimum you'll probably see a 50% buff to HR over live since hitting all 14 people would be something dumb like a 150% buff. Even still the other changes i mentioned are going to make quite a difference.
    There has only been one 10 man boss tested since the Shaman changes went in, and that boss is a boss that is something like Gara'jal/Halion in that people have to enter a different realm (which prevents their actions from being logged by Recount/Skada/WoL by people not in the same realm as them). As a result, it was really hard to get a read. I know that Midwinter was using 2 RShaman for their 10 man test and BL was using one, but I have no idea if that was because the spec was strong for it, or because it was just what they had online (it was a mid-afternoon raid test in North America when a lot of people would be at work).

Glyph of Astral Fixation (NYI) (New) Astral Recall now takes you to your capital's Earthshrine.
    Glyph of Eternal Earth (New) Your Lightning Bolt has a chance to add a charge to your currently active Earth Shield. This cannot cause Earth Shield to exceed 9 charges. Major Glyph.
    Glyph of Flaming Serpents (New) Your Searing Totem now resembles Vol'jin's Serpent Ward.
    Glyph of Lingering Ancestors (NYI) (New) Resurrecting someone with Ancestral Spirit causes a ghostly ancestor to follow them around for a short time.
    Glyph of Purging (New) Successfully Purging a target now grants a stack of Maelstrom Weapon. Major Glyph.
    Glyph of Spirit Raptors (NYI) (New) Your Spirit Wolves are replaced with Spirit Raptors.
    Glyph of Spirit Wolf (New) Ghost Wolf can be now be used while you are a ghost.
    Glyph of the Compi (NYI) (New) Your Hex now transforms enemies into a Compi.
    1.) What's an earthshrine? Something new in mop?
    2.) I'm no resto, but it doesn't sound all that helpful. Is casting lbs part of resto preformance atm?
    3.) So those searing bolts now fly from a red cobra's mouth? awesome minor glyph
    4.) Okay, though less impressive than the previous, I imagine
    5.) Glyph of purging...this doesn't replace the current purge glyph, does it? Awesome though for enh though, I imagine.
    6.) This is for feral spirits, right? Sounds awesome also Trolls are getting lots of flavor now, maybe other races will follow
    7.) Was asked for often, would be a minor glyph, I'd hope
    8.) What's a compi?

Edit: I'm torn over the item set bonus change. It essentially increases the damage gap between ft and fb again, while lessening the utility gap. So IF we decide we need that UF:FB sprint, we're sacrificing even more damage than before.
    Blizz seems to be as torn over the question what they want us to run around with as well.

FT: higher average proc damage, 7% increased magical damage, 40% increased lava lash damage when ft on offhand, up to 40% increased ft dmg through sf charges, 20% increased lb damage (uf), ~25% more direct damage through ue and +30% to flame shock

vs
    FB: 20% extra snare and a sprint

Kinda obvious what sounds more tempting, even before the change. that said, enh is still starved for mobility...
    Or is a 1min spiritwalk, ascendence and (glyphed)gw enough nowadays?

Maybe there's more to come still? More things added to frostbrand maybe? If not, what point in keeping frostbrand around any longer? Or rockbiter for that matter.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-07-15 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    There has only been one 10 man boss tested since the Shaman changes went in, and that boss is a boss that is something like Gara'jal/Halion in that people have to enter a different realm (which prevents their actions from being logged by Recount/Skada/WoL by people not in the same realm as them). As a result, it was really hard to get a read. I know that Midwinter was using 2 RShaman for their 10 man test and BL was using one, but I have no idea if that was because the spec was strong for it, or because it was just what they had online (it was a mid-afternoon raid test in North America when a lot of people would be at work).
    I see. Do you know where I could find any of those logs or did they just post them publicly? Might not get a perfect reading but it'll give some idea of where we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    8.) What's a compi?
    Those small raptor like dinos on the island by the Mine entrance.

I have tested 10 man Norushen last week with the new Rushing Stream talent. We three healed the fight with two holy priests and I was beating them every single time. Granted, it's a fight where the raid can stack, doesn't have to move a lot and raid damage was pretty insane when the boss was below 50% so it all plays out in our favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
    I have tested 10 man Norushen last week with the new Rushing Stream talent. We three healed the fight with two holy priests and I was beating them every single time. Granted, it's a fight where the raid can stack, doesn't have to move a lot and raid damage was pretty insane when the boss was below 50% so it all plays out in our favor.
    Quick question, if the raid can stack, wouldn't AG be superior to RS? Also were the priests any good?

Deleted
    2.) I'm no resto, but it doesn't sound all that helpful. Is casting lbs part of resto preformance atm?
    3.) So those searing bolts now fly from a red cobra's mouth? awesome minor glyph
    4.) Okay, though less impressive than the previous, I imagine
    5.) Glyph of purging...this doesn't replace the current purge glyph, does it? Awesome though for enh though, I imagine.
    6.) This is for feral spirits, right? Sounds awesome also Trolls are getting lots of flavor now, maybe other races will follow
    7.) Was asked for often, would be a minor glyph, I'd hope
    8.) What's a compi?

1. I belive Earthshrine is the area with the portals to the Cata zones.

2. Not sure, Seems like a glyph that is supposed to give Telluric Currents a reason to live.

3. IDD

4. Will hold judgement.

5. Don't think it does replace it. Still awesome though.

6. For other races? Seems a bit excessive because its a spec specific thing but would totally make sense.

7. Long overdue since monks can roll while in spirit.

8. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=58071#. They are smaller than a orc's totems.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the place in Orgrimmar/Stormwind where all the portals to the cata zones are. So I guess now you have two heartstones as a shaman, one to your capital and one wherever you set it. I'm not spending a major glyph on it tho so it better be minor.

2. It is more or less pointless; nice if you do it but not otherwise. It's not like ES is expensive at 11k mana.
    3. Cool visual change I guess.
    3. Guess that could be nice.
    4. Guess that is fun.
    5. Could be useful.
    6. Another cosmetic fun one.
    7. Sounds fairly useful. Would use it if it's minor.
    8. I like my frog but its nice to have options.

I would have liked another minor one that make the elementals smaller, i think the mages got one of those?
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-07-15 at 09:24 PM.

Conductivity is now correctly working on the PTR. If you cast it, and keep spamming Healing Surge, it definitely increases the duration by 3 seconds. The problem is, they took away the buff that you used to get on the PTR for having an active Healing Rain this build, so there is no way to see through the UI how much time is remaining on your HR. That will be annoying if it goes live like that.

I also confirmed the following
    1. HR retains the ULE empowered portion (i.e. 30% more healing), even past the 10 second duration if you extend it with Conductivity.
    2. Outside of that, it scales dynamically with INT procs
    3. It is not possible to drop multiple Healing Rains

A Healing Rain that's buffed by Enhancement's Healing Storm glyph will retain the buff as it's extended via Conductivity; however, if you attempt to cast another HR with 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon, the new HR will not benefit from the glyph, so the interaction here still seems buggy.

must say ;-) conductivity is just awesome atm ;-) i for one gonna use it!

Would be cool is we had this similar mechanic for our earthquake ability ;-)
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-07-15 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    That might be stupid but .... Anyone checked if "new" CH on PTR proc AA ? I know it's unlikely but :P

Ohh I am liking those flavour glyphs!
    Finally, shamans get some fun glyphs, was about time.