Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Anyone who stumps for Nintendo but whines about shooters repeating gameplay makes me snicker. Nintendo has had the same lineup or 20 years. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and they added Pokémon and SSMB to it. Fabulous?
    not a whine, just a parody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I want Zelda, Mario and DK on my Xbox One
    Hahahaha.... Oh man, that's a good one. Implying that anyone actually wants an Xbox One. I applaud your attempt to make Micro$oft feel like they're not morons.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind having Zelda games on PS4 or PC.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/super-m...illion-6349326

That 3 million figure is after a MONTH of Skyward Sword being out. Unless they've only sold, like, 200K copies since December 2011.
    Global Total as of 01st Jun 2013 (units): 3.66m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45669/t...skyward-sword/

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck Play Station affiliated characters want to be in Nintendo games..... sup snake!

sup 12 kingdom hearts games that are not kingdom hearts 3

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'll toss you this one... it would've been nice to see Nintendo become a viable competitor against Sony this go around... but honestly I REALLY don't see it happening because Nintendo doesn't want to gamble on expensive hardware development. They're not MS/Sony who's SOLE purpose is to create entertainment technology. Honestly I can't really blame them...
    I agree that so far Nintendo hasn't had a strong showing this generation, early days yet though.

But I disagree with your central concept that in order to be viable Nintendo needs to compete with Sony/MS on hardware. I don't think that's ever been Nintendo's selling point, and if they try to be too much like their competition they lose their uniqueness and become irrelevant. To me, Nintendo's future should be marketing at a low price point with broad appeal games and rejigged classics from their flagship lines (and god forbid, some innovative new games as well... they should really try to link up with the indie scene somehow).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Hahahaha.... Oh man, that's a good one. Implying that anyone actually wants an Xbox One. I applaud your attempt to make Micro$oft feel like they're not morons.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind having Zelda games on PS4 or PC.
    They made mistakes but the console itself is a good console. Yes, I'll probably get the ps4, but what's with people hating on the Xbox One like it's the shittiest thing around? It's not. It's got decent hardware and decent games. It has a higher price point than PS4, but it is not a bad console in itself. They just shot themselves in the foot with a couple bad decisions and loads of bad PR. I'm just sick and tired of this hyperbole bullshit that the xbox is just terrible. We get it, you don't agree with their drm and used policy. That's fine, but you act like the xbox is a piece of shit that can't play anything. Saying things like this, anyone who says it about PS4 or Xbox One, just comes out sounding ignorant. They have exclusives. The exclusives will appeal to someone. Someone will want to buy the Xbox One regardless of bad decisions made by MS and DRM. Logical, no?

OT: I can't for the life of me understand why Nintendo didn't go for a next gen console. I'm pretty sure they could have put together a console capable of handling the next gen games and kept the price point low enough for most family's budgets. It wouldn't have to be a powerhouse like the PS4 or Xbox One; the Wii showed us that as long as you have good games and interesting mechanics, stuff will sell. The problem now is that even sports games aren't coming, or are coming very slowly, to the Wii U. I'd happily buy a Wii U if it could handle most of the next gen games.
    Last edited by link4117; 2013-06-12 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    They made mistakes but the console itself is a good console. Yes, I'll probably get the ps4, but what's with people hating on the Xbox One like it's the shittiest thing around? It's not. It's got decent hardware and decent games. It has a higher price point than PS4, but it is not a bad console in itself. They just shot themselves in the foot with a couple bad decisions and loads of bad PR. I'm just sick and tired of this hyperbole bullshit that the xbox is just terrible. We get it, you don't agree with their drm and used policy. That's fine, but you act like the xbox is a piece of shit that can't play anything. Saying things like this, anyone who says it about PS4 or Xbox One, just comes out sounding ignorant.

OT: I can't for the life of me understand why Nintendo didn't go for a next gen console. I'm pretty sure they could have put together a console capable of handling the next gen games and kept the price point low enough for most family's budgets. It wouldn't have to be a powerhouse like the PS4 or Xbox One; the Wii showed us that as long as you have good games and interesting mechanics, stuff will sell. The problem now is that even sports games aren't coming, or are coming very slowly, to the Wii U. I'd happily buy a Wii U if it could handle most of the next gen games.
    Mostly because Microsoft has not shown how good the Xbox One will be as an actual gaming system.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Mostly because Microsoft has not shown how good the Xbox One will be as an actual gaming system.
    I take it you ignored their conference? Or the people with vids on youtube and all the gaming sites using the thing on the Floor at E3?

The PS4's specs are slightly better than the XBoxones. I prefer the XBoxones' current announced lineup, but then I enjoy shooters on consoles. I don't like their DRM but it honestly doesn't effect me. I don't buy used games, I don't sell my games, and all I use my consoles for are online shooters, so a daily connection test doesn't bother me. I also prefer the larger xbox controller (although there should be third party peripherals that can fix that on the PS4) and my online xperiences on the Sony Network have been poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So what? What a stupid argument. The Wii was massively successful, end of story. Counting only MS, Sony and Nintendo:

PS1 - 102m
    N64 - 33m (24%)
    ----------------
    PS2 - 150m
    Xbox - 24m
    Gamecube - 22m (11%)
    ----------------
    PS3 - 70m
    Xbox360 - 75m
    Wii - 100m (41%)

Moral of the story?
    The moral of the story is YOU ARE STUCK IN THE PAST!

Tell me son, how many Wii's have been selling compared to PS3's and 360s TODAY!? I mean, literally... THIS WEEK? I guarantee more PS3's and 360s have sold DOUBLE more than the Wii.

You're stuck in the past... Nintendo had their chance on their old reputation - when everybody got a Wii, they abandoned it a year later when they realized nobody was making any games for it. PERIOD.

Nobody talks about the damn Wii anymore. Nobody CARES about a damn Wii any more. When the hell was the LAST thread created in the Video Game MMO-Champ forums about a Wii Game!? How many compared to games showing up on PS3/360!?

And that's the problem... you can hug your useless statistics all you want - what I look at is TODAY. And what happened with the Wii-U? IT'S TANKED! 3DS got damn lucky because, quite frankly, it's the only viable purchase-based handheld out there and it JUST got a juice of games barely a couple months out of the gate. But watch... within a year, that will die off too. Probably not in Japan... but in America it will.

The Wii-U will be lucky to have even a DECENT game out by this Christmas! You really expect them to bounce back from THAT!?

But, hey, don't take my word for it... just watch yourself and remember. As I've said to others... I'll tip my hat to you if you believe the Wii-U can pull out of this slump and overtake even the Xbox One, nevermind pretending to be the "console leader" and beating the PS4. Ironically I actually believe it could possibly even for them to beat the Xbone at this point... but I'm doubting it ever more these days just due to its design.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-06-12 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The Xbox One's game showing destroyed PS4s showing this E3. If Sony didn't bookend their show with their disk based media used game policy and if they were priced the same as XBO, their presser would have been considered a complete loss. Mind you, that's not the topic of this thread.

OT: I couldn't see playing Nintendo titles on non-Nintendo systems. Mario Galaxy wouldn't be Mario Galaxy without the wand and nunchuck. They actually find interesting ways to use different control schemes that actually work. They're games on the DS and 3DS couldn't be done on any other systems and be unique at the same time. Also, Nintendo is the only company ballsy enough to try something different. Much of the innovation we see in the way we play games is because Nintendo dared to bring it to consoles and they couldn't do that if they were third party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I agree that so far Nintendo hasn't had a strong showing this generation, early days yet though.

But I disagree with your central concept that in order to be viable Nintendo needs to compete with Sony/MS on hardware. I don't think that's ever been Nintendo's selling point, and if they try to be too much like their competition they lose their uniqueness and become irrelevant. To me, Nintendo's future should be marketing at a low price point with broad appeal games and rejigged classics from their flagship lines (and god forbid, some innovative new games as well... they should really try to link up with the indie scene somehow).
    Which Sony (and even MS, to a lesser extent) have covered thanks to their massive push towards indie developed games. Sure, the Wii-U has that too... but, lets face it, which system do you believe most people want to develop for? The one with half the potential? The one with 1% of the market? (assuming, of course, that the PS4 does sell well. :P)

The moral of the story is YOU ARE STUCK IN THE PAST!

Tell me son, how many Wii's have been selling compared to PS3's and 360s TODAY!? I mean, literally... THIS WEEK? I guarantee more PS3's and 360s have sold DOUBLE more than the Wii.

You're stuck in the past... Nintendo had their chance on their old reputation - when everybody got a Wii, they abandoned it a year later when they realized nobody was making any games for it. PERIOD.

Nobody talks about the damn Wii anymore. Nobody CARES about a damn Wii any more. When the hell was the LAST thread created in the Video Game MMO-Champ forums about a Wii Game!? How many compared to games showing up on PS3/360!?

And that's the problem... you can hug your useless statistics all you want - what I look at is TODAY. And what happened with the Wii-U? IT'S TANKED! 3DS got damn lucky because, quite frankly, it's the only viable purchase-based handheld out there and it JUST got a juice of games barely a couple months out of the gate. But watch... within a year, that will die off too. Probably not in Japan... but in America it will.

The Wii-U will be lucky to have even a DECENT game out by this Christmas! You really expect them to bounce back from THAT!?

But, hey, don't take my word for it... just watch yourself and remember. As I've said to others... I'll tip my hat to you if you believe the Wii-U can pull out of this slump and overtake even the Xbox One, nevermind pretending to be the "console leader" and beating the PS4. Ironically I actually believe it could possibly even for them to beat the Xbone at this point... but I'm doubting it ever more these days just due to its design.
    Sooo.....a handheld that sold 153 MILLION units, and its successor is starting to sell like crazy....is going to stop selling. You're saying within a year, the 3DS, selling well AFTER a bad start, the sequel to one of THE most successful video games machines EVER, is going to die off. Why? You'd have to be BLIND to think that. No one, not even Nintendo HATERS, can deny the success of their handhelds.

And, by your logic, we should've given up on the PS3 after it launched to tepid sales.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I take it you ignored their conference? Or the people with vids on youtube and all the gaming sites using the thing on the Floor at E3?

The PS4's specs are slightly better than the XBoxones. I prefer the XBoxones' current announced lineup, but then I enjoy shooters on consoles. I don't like their DRM but it honestly doesn't effect me. I don't buy used games, I don't sell my games, and all I use my consoles for are online shooters, so a daily connection test doesn't bother me. I also prefer the larger xbox controller (although there should be third party peripherals that can fix that on the PS4) and my online xperiences on the Sony Network have been poor.
    This is my point really. Thank you. There are people who like it and the used/drm drama doesn't really effect them. I don't like what MS did on principle, so I'm not going to buy it. But to act like no one ever will buy it is just really ridiculous. I don't buy used games, I pay for PS+ already, I have a solid internet connection. I just prefer the Playstation, and others prefer the Xbox. Mind blowing, isn't it?

How about no, fuck off, and stop talking about this because this isn't going to happen. Nintendo won't go software only just because you don't like their consoles. Aw, are you sad that Bayonetta 2, the new Sonic game, or some other new game IP that has a history of being multi-platform is going to be Nintendo exclusive now? You feel like they're cheating you by doing this? Get the fuck over yourself. People who have just a Nintendo console have been going without multi-platform games that come out on Playstation and Xbox systems for years.

If you don't want a Wii U, don't fucking get one, but don't turn around and bitch and moan about the fact that you can't play Nintendo games because you don't want to buy their console. Also, if you think their games have been mediocre lately, then why the fuck do you want them on other consoles? Are you stupid or something? You think it's Nintendo's console "gimmicks" that make them bad in your opinion? The only problem I had with LoZ: Skyward Sword was when I would attack very quickly and the game would read it as a different attack than what I meant. I had a blast with it, and Super Mario Galaxy is arguably the best 3D Mario game EVER.

Oh, also, both Sony and Microsoft took the motion controls from the Wii for their consoles. The tablet for the Wii U? If I recall correctly, they have tablet integration with the Xbone and there's a tiny touch pad on the PS4 controller, and there's already a game for the Xbone that REQUIRES the tablet to work. So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Sooo.....a handheld that sold 153 MILLION units, and its successor is starting to sell like crazy....is going to stop selling.
    ...what does anything I have said have to do with me suggesting any fate about any potential grim fate of the handheld market? (aside from the 3DS quipe... which was pointed more towards comparing the Wii-U's situation than anything...)

...you do realize I'm talking about Nintendo home console systems... not handhelds, right? :P

Scroll up and you'll even see me actually see me suggesting to use the 3DS as a means to tie in to the PS4/Xbone if they dropped the Home Console division. :P

Handheld market of Nintendo has its own issues with smartphones, but that's a whole other thread-worth of discussion not meant for here. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to get this out there but the PS2 was the weakest regarding graphics and the such during it's generation and look what happened.

@mvallas, Nintendo's handheld market has it's own issues with smartphones? Okay there buddy, settle down now. The "I guarantee more PS3 and Xbox's have been sold than Wii's this week is a horrible argument"... Why would a Wii sell anymore anyways? I need to take some aspirin, this head is starting to hurt.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-06-12 at 05:02 AM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Going to get this out there but the PS2 was the weakest regarding graphics and the such during it's generation and look what happened.
    They made *gasp* fun games.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    How about no, fuck off, and stop talking about this because this isn't going to happen. Nintendo won't go software only just because you don't like their consoles. Aw, are you sad that Bayonetta 2, the new Sonic game, or some other new game IP that has a history of being multi-platform is going to be Nintendo exclusive now? You feel like they're cheating you by doing this? Get the fuck over yourself. People who have just a Nintendo console have been going without multi-platform games that come out on Playstation and Xbox systems for years.

If you don't want a Wii U, don't fucking get one, but don't turn around and bitch and moan about the fact that you can't play Nintendo games because you don't want to buy their console. Also, if you think their games have been mediocre lately, then why the fuck do you want them on other consoles? Are you stupid or something? You think it's Nintendo's console "gimmicks" that make them bad in your opinion? The only problem I had with LoZ: Skyward Sword was when I would attack very quickly and the game would read it as a different attack than what I meant. I had a blast with it, and Super Mario Galaxy is arguably the best 3D Mario game EVER.

Oh, also, both Sony and Microsoft took the motion controls from the Wii for their consoles. The tablet for the Wii U? If I recall correctly, they have tablet integration with the Xbone and there's a tiny touch pad on the PS4 controller, and there's already a game for the Xbone that REQUIRES the tablet to work. So, yeah.
    Settle down. The topic was "do you WISH" that would happen. A lot of people do wish it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    The PS2 didn't have N64 graphics, though.

...what does anything I have said have to do with me suggesting any fate about any potential grim fate of the handheld market? (aside from the 3DS quipe... which was pointed more towards comparing the Wii-U's situation than anything...)

...you do realize I'm talking about Nintendo home console systems... not handhelds, right? :P
    You just said the 3DS will die in a year because Nintendo hardware is dying and PS/Xbox are better. The Wii-U's situation right now is it has a very small library of games worth buying the system over, which looks to be picking up by the end of the year. It has tanked as much as the PS3 did that you've been praising. So far all Skelington has seen is doom and gloom after the Wii not sitting well with the hardcore fps grit crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delevicton View Post
    The PS2 didn't have N64 graphics, though.
    Umm... Nintendo Gamecube was released a year later, not all consoles are released at the same time. I don't quite understand what you're getting at here.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    You just said the 3DS will die in a year because Nintendo hardware is dying and PS/Xbox are better. The Wii-U's situation right now is it has a very small library of games worth buying the system over, which looks to be picking up by the end of the year. It has tanked as much as the PS3 did that you've been praising.
    Difference is that Sony didn't have the handheld market to back them up in the gaming department, Nintendo fixed their 3DS issues by getting enough games (that are worthwhile) out on it. I'm not going to disagree though, Sony looks promising this year.
    Hey everyone