Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...notes-july-12/

Hmm... I guess this has two effects :
    - We start with two charges, meaning we can either have a long initial burst or delay the second for later procs
    - We can keep one charge throughout the fight and unleash it when most needed or when procs align
    It could be very good

As for the "new" Soul Link... it is the old Soul Link from Cata ? With a bonus healing it could very well be the new winner for a lot of fights.
    This is amazing! Not only is it a boost for Destro's opener (Now we can have dark soul for almost the entire opening Lust!) but it alternatively lets us use it when we want to the most.

If you're an engineer we can even use DS paired with Gloves every time.

Even better, we can save it for the best Amplification Proc!

/nerdgasm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/#warlock

Not surprising that Blizzard intends to redesign the Dark Soul glyph, else it would be a candidate for mandatory use with Archimonde's Darkness.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2013-07-12 at 08:56 PM.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Deleted
    Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed into Archimonde's Darkness. Archimonde's Darkness gives the Warlock's Dark Soul spell two charges.
    Now That is something I approve of. 2 Dark souls will help much

Glyph of Everlasting Affliction will be redesigned.
    Glyph of Soul Swap will be redesigned.
    Glyph of Dark Soul will be redesigned
    I wonder what these will be and I hope attractice because I believe that there are not many to chose for dps increase or modification.

Soul Link now transfers 20% of damage taken by the Warlock to their pet, and 3% of all damage dealt by the Warlock will be returned as healing for the Warlock and their pet. This ability is always active while the Warlock's pet is active.
    Kind of makes up for the Soul Leech nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/#warlock

Not surprising that Blizzard intends to redesign Dark Soul, else it would be a candidate for mandatory use with Archimonde's Darkness.
    Where does it say Dark Soul will be redesigned?

Deleted
    I think he meant the Dark Soul Glyph.

This is too good to be true. Something this awesome won't go live for warlocks.

I wonder how the Soul Link changes will interact with GoSac...

Its not as OP as it seems, we gain 1 Dark Soul over an entire fight. But no moving while casting and no burst AoE.

The Synergy with the Amplification trinket is pretty good though. But i guess its well enough balanced. (especially compared to the av on the ptr, had constantly 15k Spellpower during the norushen test without even trying to get more damage^^)
    Last edited by Apero; 2013-07-12 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Its not as OP as it seems, we gain 1 Dark Soul over an entire fight. But no moving while casting and no burst AoE.

It is actually more than just 1 DS over the course of a fight. The reason is this means we can probably always "bank" 1 DS and it won't cap for 2 minutes. So, this means we can now use DS either during good procs or during a very important part of the fight instead of having to use it on CD.

Deleted
    At least this looks like a viable contender to KJC.

Deleted
    With different fights we can change to what we need more, like movement or aoe burst, for dps improvement Archimonde's Darkness is that niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    It is actually more than just 1 DS over the course of a fight. The reason is this means we can probably always "bank" 1 DS and it won't cap for 2 minutes. So, this means we can now use DS either during good procs or during a very important part of the fight instead of having to use it on CD.
    Yeah, exactly this. With this, your DS will always be stacked with CDs, for no loss.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Sure, you can bank 1, you still have 4 min recharge time for 2 charges overall resulting in exactly one more dark soul. Its all about synergy with proccs, like i said.

Pretty tired though, if i mess up with the math, just tell me precisly how we can have more than 1 extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I wonder how the Soul Link changes will interact with GoSac...
    It wouldn't surprise me if it remained a 20% increase in health.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Sure, you can bank 1, you still have 4 min recharge time for 2 charges overall resulting in exactly one more dark soul. Its all about synergy with proccs, like i said.

Pretty tired though, if i mess up with the math, just tell me precisly how we can have more than 1 extra.
    Right, counting wise it's 'just' 1 extra. The effect of being able to often stack with procs and CD though is the dominant effect though. Because of that, it's actually the opposite of what you said (not as OP as it seems). At face value it's 1 extra DS. It's actually much stronger than face value (ie, much stronger than say, 90s CD DS vs 2m CD DS in a 7m fight).
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2013-07-12 at 09:43 PM.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if it remained a 20% increase in health.
    Wouldn't surprise me either, but a flat 20% damage reduction would be kinda nice with a 3% damage done self heal when you Sac the pet.

Would let us choose to get back some of our tanky-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranoss View Post
    With different fights we can change to what we need more, like movement or aoe burst, for dps improvement Archimonde's Darkness is that niche.
    I hate it. It further reinforces the "talents as a situational knob rather than a character choice" mindset/design philosophy (as in talent swapping becoming the expected norm rather than something just metagamers do), but I guess that ship has already sailed.

..and I still think Malefic Grasp and the like should be mobile baseline and they should start over from scratch with KJC.

I'll just sit over in my corner and be grumpy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What it means, is we can cover the full duration of Heroism with Dark Soul. That is huge.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, talents have had something of a no-win element to them.

Too situational and you might feel obligated to constantly swap between fights, but if there's an obvious choice that you always stick with, then it becomes something with which you rarely have any interaction.

In addition, If you make them easy to switch out, it re-enforces the swapping obligation. If you make them inconvenient to switch, like the old system, then the lack of flexibility can be a pain, too.

I would rather say "I'm a Sacrifice Lock by choice because I like the talent" rather than "Well, I'm Sac for this fight because it works best, and I'm Sup for that fight because it works best". It's not really a big deal as long as the results don't swing too wildly in one direction but even a gain of one or two percent can feel like you're going about it the wrong way if you aren't choosing the better talent.

It is what it is. I'm glad they're trying to make the other options more attractive though.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-07-12 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    What about Mannoroth Fury now ? ...
    It will likely never be used (except maybe as Aff on some AoE-heavy fights) except if it gets a huge buff.