Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Robes of the Exorcist

What I'm quite sad (and pissed) about is that we AGAIN get no spirit on our chest. Instead we get crit(woohoo).
    We basicly have no options again when it comes to which tier pieces to take. It's starting to get really anoying that we keep getting restricted like this in our gear choices.
    you do realise every single items are placeholder and stats arent finalized so hold your horses
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    you do realise every single items are placeholder and stats arent finalized so hold your horses
    And, considering T16 currently has the same name as T15, I'd imagine it was just copy/pasted over with the new item levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiming back in to the Atonement discussion: hadn't considered the mana cost component of Archangel on cooldown. I still suspect it's a big enough healing gain to offset the damage/healing you lose to reforging more spirit.

if i used archangel on cooldown, it might not be up for my UVLS halo/PWS spam. it's like you guys don't even know how to pad.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    if i used archangel on cooldown, it might not be up for my UVLS halo/PWS spam. it's like you guys don't even know how to pad.
    *shhh* Some people raid with warlocks, who would stab them -repeatedly- if they snatch away their precious UVLS.

How good is the uptime on it as disc btw? Whenever I'm on my lock, I can usually keep a crit-Doom up most of the time (with EA). If it's similar, I'm going to make the new non-demo-lock-recruit very, very unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    *shhh* Some people raid with warlocks, who would stab them -repeatedly- if they snatch away their precious UVLS.

How good is the uptime on it as disc btw? Whenever I'm on my lock, I can usually keep a crit-Doom up most of the time (with EA). If it's similar, I'm going to make the new non-demo-lock-recruit very, very unhappy.
    the uptime sucks, but it doesn't matter (in terms of fun - it's not that useful since you can't control when the procs happen) because it is so strong. you can get either 2-3 PWS or halo and 1-2 PWS with 100% crit chance if you have fast reaction times and PI+zerking macros. with full buffs and some amalgam of int procs/synapses i can get PWS to almost 400k with the proc, and max range halo to almost 95k heal and a retarded absorb on the melee pack (plus some amount on whatever ranged get hit, but it's best in my opinion to just cast it max range on the melee because they tend to eat shields).

just coin lei shen as shadow if the warlock is worth keeping, as UVLS is way more important for warlock dps on lei shen if you don't have 13/13 on farm yet. current UVLS as disc is basically pure pad. if they end up changing into a longer buff 50% crit boost, it could be of actual use.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-06-21 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done some testing of the 2 and 4pc bonuses for Holy on the PTR. The 2 piece seems pretty good, actually, and should synergize especially well with Serenity Chakra.

But the 4pc is crap. :-\ If you use it in Sanc, it buffs the Holy Word: Sanc spell from ~4k a tick to ~8k a tick. Very disappointing.

Disc 2pc seems lackluster at the moment, as well.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

the 2 piece by itself isn't that great, but the combo of 2 and 4 piece together for disc is extremely strong - esp for 25s.

I didn't do enough testing or log analysis over it, but it seemed to be archangel was better used when heavy smiting instead of building spirit shells.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Our Priest, as many suggested, stopped using SS all together (when we 2 healed General Nazgrim) and instead used SS + AA together and then spammed PW:S on everyone in the raid. It's pretty disgusting that 72% of the Priest's healing was pure absorb (PW:S + DA).

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    It's pretty disgusting that 72% of the Priest's healing was pure absorb (PW:S + DA).
    That's not that far away from live though. On fights good for SS, absorbs can already make ~50-60% of disc heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I've done some testing of the 2 and 4pc bonuses for Holy on the PTR. The 2 piece seems pretty good, actually, and should synergize especially well with Serenity Chakra.

But the 4pc is crap. :-\ If you use it in Sanc, it buffs the Holy Word: Sanc spell from ~4k a tick to ~8k a tick. Very disappointing.

Disc 2pc seems lackluster at the moment, as well.
    No news to me, it's good Hpri get "better" in 10m, but that Sanc bonus is just horrible compared to others bonuses. I feel, as I said before, Hpri as usual get ignored and remains as they are. No changes and really laaaazyyyy solution to try make Sanc more attractive. Disc got options and more ways to play, so grats. Absorbs will become even more insane. Just what the devs wanted...? Makes me wonder what the plans are for Holy in the future. They better have something awsome coming up the next tier, cause we haven't had a descent change since Lightspring glyph.

They should bring Mastery bonus back to Sanc, tweak the numbers up from when they put a cap on it before implementing a tierbonus like this. Insane they let a signature spell just be shitty for so long. Pissing me off really.

Holy performs really well though at the moment Drena. Just because Holy isn't OP doesn't mean it's weak. Your set bonuses (as Holy) are a lot better than some of the healer's set bonuses (notably Paladin/Druid set bonuses). Besides, it's so early into PTR I expect to see Discipline nerfs. PW:S was critting on our Priest (during last night's PTR testing in 530 item level) for 400-450k. Considering on Nazgrim most people are only sporting 230-250k health due to the Bonecracker ability then a Discipline Priest effectively gives people 200% more HP which is just absurd.

Discipline is going to get nerfed otherwise 25 mans will just stack Discs to spam PW:S. The set bonuses are totally balanced as well. On Immerseus our Priest went Holy and while she couldn't beat my healing (lolol op MW 4 pc) she did competitive healing. AFAIK the breakdown was me (39%) > Priest (26%) and then Paladin (13%). Paladins are in a really bad state on PTR ATM though.

400-450k shields (even crits) seems like a weird number...

LOL this guy has a seriously unhealthy grudge against holy/disc priests in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Holy performs really well though at the moment Drena. Just because Holy isn't OP doesn't mean it's weak.
    I thought Holy was unplayable because it went OOM within 20 seconds of the fight?
    Your post history makes absolutely zero sense. Which is it? Are they fine or not.

And I agree with spazzeh, 400-450k shield crits just sounds a little exaggerated. I'm not bis geared and I'm not the best priest by any means, but with a 542 item level with jade spirit going I have near 50k spellpower and with archangel I might get lucky and get a 375k pw:s.

Quote Originally Posted by Uri-zuljin View Post
    LOL this guy has a seriously unhealthy grudge against holy/disc priests in general.

Your post history makes absolutely zero sense. Which is it? Are they fine or not.

And I agree with spazzeh, 400-450k shield crits just sounds a little exaggerated. I'm not bis geared and I'm not the best priest by any means, but with a 542 item level with jade spirit going I have near 50k spellpower and with archangel I might get lucky and get a 375k pw:s.
    Disc 4 pc on PTR.

And the "unplayable" comment was a joke because everyone says Holy sucks because it's horribly mana-inefficient (which it isn't).

It's just really hard to believe that a 530ilvl disc priest is capable of 450k pw:s crits with just a 12% mastery increase without seeing some sort of logs.

Also I don't think any intelligent disc priest is going to sit here and spam pw:s before some big predictable damage burst with spirit shell rolling. We use 1 or 2 pw:s for borrowed time, but to replace poh completely with it just doesn't sound very smart. In a 10m setting with the 10% crit,15% haste, and ~12%mastery you should easily be able cap out spirit shell then start placing a few extra pw:s for extra padding if the group absolutely needs it.

I don't raid 10s, I only raid 25s but if I did that's how I would heal it. Popping spirit shell for a mastery buff just seems stupid. I think the only time I would ever pop spirit shell like that would be if I was healing some sort of fight with heavy tank healing or spot healing.

next tier, PWS spam will probably be needed to get through big damage waves. you can PWS spam a raid in the same time it takes to cap out two spirit shells in a 10. also, it's a matter of looking at the spirit shell tier bonus vs the actual spirit shell itself, along with massively inflated stats at this point in the tier when compared to current raid mechanic damage (especially with the legendary capes). PWS spam was pretty important for undergeared danimus, and i anticipate burst issues being even more problematic with the holy pally nerfs along with healthpool % reduction on at least nazgrim.

if spirit shell cap also got increased with our t16 bonus, i'd be more inclined to agree, but as-is it looks like the benefit spirit shell set bonus gives to PWS will not be something we can ignore.