Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Monks in 5.4 (PTR)

So, new PTR, new patch.

New build 7/17/2013 : 17205
    This is what we know as of right now:

Set bonuses:
    Brewmaster:

Item - Monk T16 Brewmaster 2P Bonus (New) When your Black Ox statue Guards another player, you also get a Guard for 8% of that amount.

Item - Monk T16 Brewmaster 4P Bonus (New) Purifying Brew also heals you for 15% of the amount of staggered damage cleared.

Mistweaver:

Item - Monk T16 Mistweaver 2P Bonus (New) When Gift of the Serpent spheres heal a player, they gain an absorb for 45% of the amount healed.

Item - Monk T16 Mistweaver 4P Bonus (New) When your Renewing Mist heals a target, you have a 4% chance to cast a Chi Wave healing bolt that will not bounce at a nearby low health friendly target.

Windwalker:

Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus increases the damage of Tiger Palm by 50%. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick increases the damage of Blackout Kick by 50%.

Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 4P Bonus Every 4 stacks of Tigereye Brew consumed cause your next Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, or Fists of Fury to consume 1 less Chi.

Class changes:
    General:

Chi Torpedo Torpedo a distance in front of you, dealing [ 2,069 + 55.6% of AP ] Nature damage to all enemies and 8,408 healing to all allies in your path. Chi Torpedo replaces Roll. Unlimited range. Instant. and travels farther than Roll. Unlimited range. Instant. [Most likely a tooltip fix.]

Chi Torpedo Torpedo a distance in front of you, dealing [ 2,069 + 55.6% of AP ] Nature damage to all enemies and 8,408 healing to all allies in your path. Chi Torpedo replaces Roll. Unlimited range. Instant. and travels farther than Roll. Unlimited range. Instant. [Most likely a tooltip fix.]

Healing Elixirs now also heals the next time a damaging attack brings you below 35% of your maximum health.

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Transcendence now reduces the cooldown of your Transcendence: Transfer spell by 5 sec rather than increasing range.

Talents:

Chi Torpedo Torpedo a distance in front of you, dealing [ 2,069 + 55.6% of AP ] Nature damage to all enemies and 8,408 healing to all allies in your path. Chi Torpedo replaces Roll. and travels farther than Roll. Monk - LvL 90 Talent. Instant. [Most likely a tooltip fix.]

Chi Brew now has spec specific tooltips and grants 3 Brew or Tea for your spec.

Healing Elixirs now also heals the next time a damaging attack brings you below 35% of your maximum health.

Power Strikes now also allows your next Spinning Crane Kick, Expel Harm, or Keg Smash to generate 1 Chi.

Ring of Peace now disarms and silences for 4 sec, up from 3.

Chi Burst (Brewmaster, Windwalker) You summon a torrent of Chi energy and hurl it at the target, dealing [ 1,325 + 121% forward, up to 40 yds, dealing [ 121% of AP ] Nature damage to all enemies, and [ 1,095 + AP ] healing to all allies in its path.

Chi Burst (Mistweaver) You summon a torrent of Chi energy and hurl it at the target, dealing [ 1,325 + 121% forward, up to 40 yds, dealing [ 121% of AP ] Nature damage to all enemies, and [ 1,095 + 120% of AP ] healing to all allies in its path.

Rushing Jade Wind no longer costs Chi, instead costs 7.15% of Base Mana / 40 Energy. Now has spec specific tooltips. Now replaces Spinning Crane Kick. Now generates 1 Chi. See tooltip for new damage formula.

Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger now has a pet control bar for Xuen, and the talent is no longer on global cooldown for all Monk specializations.

Glyph of Detox (NYI) - Detox heals your target for 0% when it successfully removes a harmful effect.

Glyph of Expel Harm (NYI) - Expel Harm can now be used on other players, but heals for 0% less.

Glyph of Fortuitous Spheres (NYI) - Falling below 0% health will automatically summon a healing sphere near you at no cost. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 0 seconds.

Glyph of Nimble Brew (NYI) - Clearing an effect with Nimble Brew heals you for 0% of your maximum health.

Glyph of Rapid Rolling - For 5 sec seconds after using Roll or Chi Torpedo, your next Roll or Chi Torpedo will go 30% farther.

Brewmaster:

Keg Smash now deals 18% less damage.

Mistweaver:

N/A

Windwalker:

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Afterlife Increases the chance to summon a Healing Sphere when you kill an enemy while gaining experience or honor by 25%. Major Glyph. 100%. Major Glyph.

Tigereye Brew now grants 1 charge per 3 Chi. Damage and healing buff increased to 6%. Now stacks 30 times. Now allows you to consume 15 stacks at a time, for 75% increased damage, up from 26%.

Mastery: Bottled Fury was reworked: When you generate Tigereye Brew charges, you have a 16% chance to generate an additional charge.

Item sets:
    Monk season 14 PvP gear (Grevious Gladiator)
    (Notice the head and shoulder effects.)
    Trinkets:

Legendary cloak procs
    Brewmaster (Endurance of Niuzao):
    The Endurance of Niuzao fully absorbs the damage of one attack that would normally kill you. This effect has a 60 sec cooldown.

Mistweaver (Spirit of Chi-Ji):
    Your healing spells have a chance to grant you Spirit of Chi-Ji, increasing all healing done by 5% and causing all overhealing to be redistributed to up to 5 nearby injured friends, for 10 sec. (Approximately procrppm procs per minute)

Windwalker(Flurry of Xuen):
    Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal [ 1 + 20% of AP ] damage to all targets in front of you, every 5 sec for 3 sec. (Approximately procrppm procs per minute)
    Any thoughts about this? Anything you like? Feel free to discuss.

Keep in mind this is PTR.
    Last edited by dumkin; 2013-07-18 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added latest build, trinkets and legendary procs.

Phew, that WW 2p is looking mighty strong. Not exactly sure on the wording of the 4p. Does that mean using 6+ stacks gives a free RSK/BOK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid question:

If the WW 2pce makes TP and BoK generate chi - what do we spend chi on?

The only thing I can think of is that the Combo Breaker would be a temporary buff or proc that makes 1 TP or BoK generate chi instead of spending it. Once that proc is used it would go back to normally consuming chi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Stupid question:

The only thing I can think of is that the Combo Breaker would be a temporary buff or proc that makes 1 TP or BoK generate chi instead of spending it. Once that proc is used it would go back to normally consuming chi.
    Just the combo breaker procs.

Those WW set bonuses are absolutely awful.

Those WW set bonuses are pretty bad. We're already reaching GCD cap so we don't exactly need reduced ability costs or extra Chi from CB procs.

No mention of RoR nerf or TeB changes. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-06-12 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Stupid question:

From my understandings, the TP/BoK used with the Combo Breaker (I.E if you get TP CB, and use BoK, you spend chi) generates the chi.

The tier piece bonuses are gonna give us a ton more Blackout Kicks, thats for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    One change i want to see is: TEB no longer reset before the pull of a raid boss.

Edit: Another change, make monks builds chi when off combat passively like the soul shards of afflic locks, because...we can already start any boss fights with full chi...just need to use expel harm to build it before the pull.
    Once you start the combat, the passive generation would be off.
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2013-06-12 at 03:04 AM.

Deleted
    can someone explain me the 4p of mistweaver? i think i dont understand it right with my english skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    can someone explain me the 4p of mistweaver? i think i dont understand it right with my english skills.
    me neither. I guess there is an error with the jumping part. Maybe it will jump once or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I kindof like the 2piece. The 4 piece is what I'm more interested in. How it interacts with GENERATING Tigereye Brew. For example, say we use a 6 stack Tigereye Brew, Our next FREE Rising Sun Kick or Blackout Kick will generate 0 or 2 Chi toward the 3 chi needed to generate a Tigereye Brew.

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    me neither. I guess there is an error with the jumping part. Maybe it will jump once or something.
    I'm pretty sure it just means you'll send out a single charge chi wave heal to someone. No jumping, just the % chance to shoot a wave out to another raid member.

I don't hate the Brewmaster bonuses, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

So they're giving an absorb to non-absorb healer... but... we don't stack that much of mastery as mistweaver... I'm a bit confused x)

Edit : for the 4pc, I think it'll work that way : Target A is healed by RM, 4pc procs and a chi wave is "summoned" to heal Target B whose Hp is lower than Target A's ... but this Chi Wave does not bounce like the lvl 30 talent.

Homophobia is so gay.

Thinking about the 4pc for brewmaster, it kinda seems like a trap for people to purify more than they need, too. I still don't hate it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    I'm pretty sure it just means you'll send out a single charge chi wave heal to someone. No jumping, just the % chance to shoot a wave out to another raid member.

I don't hate the Brewmaster bonuses, though.
    Im not hating the 4P, but wonder how effective it will be. Imagine you just got healed to full, but also had just pushed into red stagger range, so you think "Kay, I'll purify it" then get the heal for 30% of it, only for the heal to be an overheal. I would prefer the heal to be a HoT for the 30% of the stagger and allowing some kind of "reverse stagger" type heal.

Windwalker set bonuses are a bit disappointing for me just because I love Haste stacking and the two don't go together. However, they definitely don't seem bad. The 4pc means you will always have 8 chi stored for a tigereye instead of 5, which is really nice. The 2pc is the one that kills Haste rating, but that doesn't mean it's bad. We'll just have to attempt to keep Haste low and go into the sky with Mastery. That's assuming they nerf Rune, anyway.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

15+ Year Old Account
    Guh, I saw a chi'ji tooltip icon and the picture of it...but I think it is going to be a minipet>.<, I got excited...

Lawl at the Chi torpedo tooltip change.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

the windwalker ones look fun and different
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

The real question is how are RoR / TeB going to be changed? RoR in this state would be BiS for next tier because of the insane scaling it gives us. Keep in mind next tier Heroic gear is only 554 ilvl (568 2/2 Bloodsoaked).

My mistweaver reaction as I read the post:

"OH MY GOD ABSORBS I AM SO HAP... wait... tied to GotS NOOOOOO"
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)