Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I do not understand the MW set bonuses. Monk Spheres have been terrible and ignored by many raiders so they are basically worthless, giving it an absorb does not really do anything. the 4pc bonus is also weird and does not want me to give up my current tier 15 bonuses; chi wave hits for hardly anything on the first bounce.

Something need to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarce View Post
    I do not understand the MW set bonuses. Monk Spheres have been terrible and ignored by many raiders so they are basically worthless, giving it an absorb does not really do anything. the 4pc bonus is also weird and does not want me to give up my current tier 15 bonuses; chi wave hits for hardly anything on the first bounce.

Something need to be changed.
    Chi waves dmg/healing isn't staggered? >.>

Monks are perfect, and Chi Torpedo needed a buff apparently.

The world is in balance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    Monks are perfect, and Chi Torpedo needed a buff apparently.

The world is in balance.
    That is actually a tooltip correction. You can chi torpedo farther than roll on live. To test, stand again a wall and have a friend "mark" where you land with roll. Select Chi Tornado and do the same thing, you should land a bit further out from where your friend is standing.

Oh good. For a second there I thought someone at blizzard was asleep behind the wheel =|

Seriously though?

BrM 4 pc is pretty amazing, it is basically the entirety of the DKs AM system in a 4pc bonus. with crit already being soft capped this raid tier of gear, next it just means Mastery's EH benefit will be pretty noticeable.

I wish they'd change Chi Torpedo to allow it to be cancelled at whatever distance you choose and still do the healing, that way it wouldn't be so inconvenient in some PvE situations, since most often it's used on a stacked group, otherwise you'd probably take xuen. I'd even like a glyph to change the distance to roll distance, not like we don't have plenty of useless minor glyphs.

I like the mastery absorb, wish that was part of our actual mastery and not a 2pc. As for the 4pc, damn, every time ReM heals you have a 20% chance to proc a chi wave that will heal 1 target? That seems OP, considering having a constant 6 ReM up and many more with TFT.

Also hope our tier isn't ugly as mage/warlock :c
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

15+ Year Old Account
    Official PTR patch notes are up.

Monk

Talents

Ring of Peace has a new visual effect.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-06-12 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster 2p - Love this, pure damage reduction set bonus, the effective HPS will have to be measured but I love the mechanic as it is
    Brewmaster 4p - Just feels like Blood DK bloodworms to me... huge healing potential which is just going to go to overhealing, even with the control we'll have over it

I like the brem bonuses. I love stuff like that.

WW seems total crap imo. My gear level is low and I already have nearly every GCD filled.

That 20% chance of a chi wave EVERY TIME ReM heals sounds so nice.

Why do both the WW set Bonuses have to directly conflict with Haste and the GCD cap.

Completely awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Also hope our tier isn't ugly as mage/warlock :c
    I think ours will look better, they are trying to make mages/warlcoks tier look a bit Asian themed, but they are not Asian so....But I think monks will look good.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think ours will look better, they are trying to make mages/warlcoks tier look a bit Asian themed, but they are not Asian so....But I think monks will look good.
    The new PVP set for warlocks looks AMAZING.
    The pvp icons for our gear looks a little ... meh. But I hope it looks better on the chars.
    Can't wait, I'm so excited!

The lock pvp set is nice. Looks like a halloween costume.

I hope our sets look nothign like what they have so far. I hate our sets. Don't mind the one pvp set but the others are very /meh to me. That is why I transmog low level armor sets... Simple and clean looking... I want more Chen and less whatever it is they are trying to do.... also less balls in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    The lock pvp set is nice. Looks like a halloween costume.

I hope our sets look nothign like what they have so far. I hate our sets. Don't mind the one pvp set but the others are very /meh to me. That is why I transmog low level armor sets... Simple and clean looking... I want more Chen and less whatever it is they are trying to do.... also less balls in my face.
    Have you looked at the pvp set for monks yet? IT HAS A FREAKIN CLOUDSERPENT ON IT. God, amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    The new PVP set for warlocks looks AMAZING.
    The pvp icons for our gear looks a little ... meh. But I hope it looks better on the chars.
    Can't wait, I'm so excited!
    The monk pvp set looks...very kick ass, it reminds me of an avatar behind me...but the armor themselves do not look the best..You know what? Screw that armor shit, just give me that avatar thing full body and I am okay.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    The real question is how are RoR / TeB going to be changed? RoR in this state would be BiS for next tier because of the insane scaling it gives us. Keep in mind next tier Heroic gear is only 554 ilvl (568 2/2 Bloodsoaked).
    What is your source/reasoning on that? If they scale the gear the same way they did between t14/t15, normal mode loot will start 13 iLevel above previous tier heroic (548 in this case), and heroic would be one tier above that (561). That's assume they don't widen the gap by six more due to the addition of heroic thunderforged loot.

And yes, it is an interesting question. Maybe they're hoping we'll bleed off haste if they go with the current set bonuses, which puts the balance off a bit. Even a monk like me who runs around 5-6k haste would start getting severely GCD capped by these set bonuses in current gear, and it will just be ugly in entry SoO gear. But yeah, I wasn't impressed with the set bonuses. BrM and MW loot decent, but WW would only really be attractive if we were less prone to being GCD locked. Heck, even t14 bonuses were better, and those were pretty cruddy. At least they're starting with more predictable numbers and powers instead of putting RNG into every set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    What is your source/reasoning on that? If they scale the gear the same way they did between t14/t15, normal mode loot will start 13 iLevel above previous tier heroic (548 in this case), and heroic would be one tier above that (561). That's assume they don't widen the gap by six more due to the addition of heroic thunderforged loot.

And yes, it is an interesting question. Maybe they're hoping we'll bleed off haste if they go with the current set bonuses, which puts the balance off a bit. Even a monk like me who runs around 5-6k haste would start getting severely GCD capped by these set bonuses in current gear, and it will just be ugly in entry SoO gear. But yeah, I wasn't impressed with the set bonuses. BrM and MW loot decent, but WW would only really be attractive if we were less prone to being GCD locked. Heck, even t14 bonuses were better, and those were pretty cruddy. At least they're starting with more predictable numbers and powers instead of putting RNG into every set bonus.
    As they have released the itemlevels if you look at the items = therefor, we have the itemlvls to go of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    Even with a big ilvl gap, RoRo will be bis next tier unless they change it or teb to not snapshot mastery