Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Does "I'm already getting perma-tunneled to death by every double melee team who's members have more than half a brain, with standing close to 0 chance to fight back" sound like a more valid argument to you? Because I really don't need PTR experience to tell you this, this stuff is already live, and has been explained more than a dozen times, but I didn't see any changes made to it.
    I have to agree on Veiled here after the recent changes, its hardly possible to survive anymore against 2 melee classes. Now they always go for me first because i cant swap anymore, and since resillience is baseline and pvp power tuned down its all but melee that i come across.

You're coming from a class that can run 'n' cast, why did I even read your posts..
    We're losing this ability. Being changed to 15 second use on a 90 second cd.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    good, now take away 2 or 3 of those cds and locks will only be demigods
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-06-12 at 06:06 AM.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    We're losing this ability. Being changed to 15 second use on a 90 second cd.
    ..and you have no idea how happy I am for that. I already started making fun out of our locks on the guild's forum 3 hours ago.

Now you'll at least partially feel the pain that shadow priests have been going through this expansion, by being the only class in the game that can't run 'n' cast whenever they want to. But this topic has nothing to do with this, so let's restrain ourselves from further discussion over it, and stick to what we both agree on, which is not nerfing our defensives.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-12 at 06:02 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're telling me I need PTR experience to know that taking 15% more dmg than I take now is bad for me or what?
    Well, it's actually 17.65% more damage So it's even worse than it appears

a) I'm pretty confident it's a glitch in the data-mine.
    b) If it's real, I'd probably quit wow (normally I'm not one to pull this card).

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Likely in response to how powerful spriests are in PVP at the moment. Losing a passive 15% reduction isn't the worst thing you could get nerfed with frankly.
    The mass dispel (and void shift) nerfs were overkill. Shadow went from being the most played spec in level 90 pvp, and slightly over-represented even accounting for that - to being less represented than any warlock spec overnight once you account for the relative population sizes (looking at the top 10, 100, or 500 teams in the world).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-12 at 06:07 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...Soon-6_11_2013

Not a glitch, blizz posted it too.

Not cool at all, they had gutted shadow this xpac.
    I'd rather be playing a cata spriest than a mop one, as much as I love void tens, I'd give them up for that play style, and cata wasn't even that good tbh
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-06-12 at 06:19 AM.
    Sig by Safhira

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...Soon-6_11_2013

Not a glitch, blizz posted it too.

Not cool at all, they had gutted shadow this xpac.
    I'd rather be playing a cata spriest than a mop one, as much as I love void tens, I'd give them up for that play style, and cata wasn't even that good tbh
    Yeah I am going to put on druid on the side.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    If this change will be on live we will be fucked up until next expansion because they dont undone this mid patch ~~
    Besides i HATE this pvp nerfs affecting pve. Shadow was always the CHOSEN ONE! To get something what hits like train etc On ToT i always have max stacks of Shadowed Soul on Council of Elders etc I will miss it :<

Hunters got a bit of a nerf to Iron Hawk as well.

Blizzard was talking about how homogenized melee and ranged had become with melee losing their mobility edge slowly over recent years. This seems to be how they're giving them an edge back. Durability.

I'm fine with it if that's their aim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Well, it's actually 17.65% more damage So it's even worse than it appears

a) I'm pretty confident it's a glitch in the data-mine.
    b) If it's real, I'd probably quit wow (normally I'm not one to pull this card).[COLOR="red"]
    It's real: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/#priest for now at least.

RIP in peace Spriest
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    RIP in peace Spriest
    I can't tell if you don't know what the IP in RIP stand for, or if you are a Feral Druid trolling our misfortune with threats of unmitigated Rips!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I can't tell if you don't know what the IP in RIP stand for, or if you are a Feral Druid trolling our misfortune with threats of unmitigated Rips!
    I always RIP... in peace, don't you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    I always RIP... in peace, don't you?
    Whenever Feral Druids Rip me, I do not find that very peaceful!

Edit: Woaden where you at, I was trying to chat with you all night about this - bedtime now!

I wrote a huge message thing to Veiled which I probably should have just put in here so everyone can read it / respond.

The central premise though was that - while most casters have a form of passive damage reduction - it's there for a reason - all melee have higher armor, way higher avoidance, and in many cases higher passive damage reduction than casters do. I listed a bunch of numbers for every class to illustrate the point, I'll fill that in tomorrow probably - but the pattern is shocking even to me (and I made the comparison knowing the trend).

While the comparison outlines the trend, we need to make the devs understand that the removal of these passive mitigation buffs impacts Shadow uniquely. Most casters have a mix of reliance on passive damage reductions, mobility, control and healing as their survivability - but Shadow has by far the worst mobility, poor control, and therefore rely heavily on our damage reduction and self-healing to survive.

Our self-healing is counterable (since it's all cast-time heals, not the instant effects of Sacrificial Pact or Ice Barrier or instant melee hybrid heals) - so our passive damage reduction is our specialty. Removing 10% from warlocks is going to be brutal on warlocks - but removing 15% (50% more even) from Spriests is more than 50% worse than the nerf even Warlocks receive - since Warlock survivability is still a combination of uncounterable cooldown cycling, mobility, and control in addition to damage reduction.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-12 at 08:53 AM.

Whole lotta complaining, and the only valid solution here was flamed almost immediately... Go to the PTR, create a logical and statistic driven argument, then take it to the official forums.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised.

Shadow Priest are too strong in PVP - damage, survivability, utility, they got it all. Nerfs were inevitable.

Warlocks are doing too well in PVE - same as SP, they got it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadowform no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.
    And we lose another iconic "ability". Seriously, I'm starting to ask why the hell I didn't roll a mage back then. What will they take out next because of their retarded PvP? The ability to heal while in shadow spec?

Warlocks are doing too well in PVE - same as SP, they got it all.
    If WE are doing too well in PvE... I wonder what you say about mages...

Deleted
    a meele comb kills my sp with 68% resi in under 2.5 seconds from 100% to 0% on live servers....this change is justified, yes, yes indeed

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If WE are doing too well in PvE... I wonder what you say about mages...
    I'm quoting GC (forgot where; I think Twitter), that's their view based on their internal statistics.

OPed classes get "adjusted" just like Fire mages got "adjusted" a few months back. That's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    OPed classes get "adjusted" just like Fire mages got "adjusted" a few months back. That's life.
    If I'm OP in PvP they should adjust it within the f**** PVP environment and not always drag PvE with them!
    Shadow has lost so God damn much over the years because of these PvP crybabies it ain't funny anymore.