Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wonder.. Wrath gets à 20% damage buff and heals for 100% of the damage done. How is this compared to disciplin priest? They heal for 80% But how hard do They hit?

Deleted
    The real change is that NV now does +25% of your (singletarget) healing as smartheal. In raw average numbers it is a 8% increase in throughput, but much better due to the low OH of smartheals. The extra talent choice due to NS going baseline is nice. I am personally looking at Ysera's gift which should be around 6-8k HPS in raid enviroment. (Not sure if it works with mastery).

With the new gear levels and 2p / 4p we should finally be able to drop regrowth glyph for the new Switmend glyph (which is pure awesome).

100% SotF?!? I were a happy (t14) user when it was 50%!

I dont much care about the innervate change, will be fine with the new bumb in itemlevel. It seems like a scaling change, we were the only class that didnt have scaling manaregen mechanics. It seems to favor 25m above 10m. (I personally run with 9k spirit atm ilvl 540 10m)

Easier to use shrooms, which seem less mandatory to use (pop). Love the new glyph.

The change to DoC makes it possible for druids to fill a ½ healer role / 'exploit' dmg mechanics. A nice addition to our toolkit.

Tbh, the only things that seem abit 'lackluster' is our upcomming setbonuses.. they are fine, but no where near game defining as our previous sets. I think i'll stick to t15 -which scale with the new mushrooms + glyph and insane SotF rejuvs.

Forgot about genesis, it should have its uses. Not a spell I felt I ever needed tho.

Tbh, I doubt all these changes go live...
    Last edited by mmocc2436c1117; 2013-06-13 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    I wonder.. Wrath gets à 20% damage buff and heals for 100% of the damage done. How is this compared to disciplin priest? They heal for 80% But how hard do They hit?
    With 530 gear a smite without dmg modifiers (and without HF smite glyph) smite hits for about 55-65k non crits, double that on crits. 80% of that goes to heal, 25% more if we have AA popped. Offensive penance hits for bout 65-70k non crit double that crits. Our little niche being the DA's from smite crits, leaving 15sec bubbles around and about rather than overhealing straight out, making it even more so reasonable to cast during non dmg phases as predictive healing.

On many enough bosses we get to abuse Twist of Faith (giving 15% more dmg and healing) as well.

Dunno how much wrath hits for, but hope this answers your question somewhat from a disc pov
    Not sure if smite costs a bit less mana (due to our evangelism) if the wrath cost will be upped as well? Will be interesting to see if that causes any problems for restos, hope not as it seems like a funky spell mechanic.
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-06-13 at 09:29 AM.

Well going off the current ptr numbers, lets assume 40k spellpower.

5 stack evangelism smite hits for (2361+34240)*1.2 = 43921 damage, for 5670 mana and heals for 90% which is 39529 (ignorning mastery, i assume mastery affects atonement heals) at 1.5 sec cast that's 29281 DPS and 26352 HPS at 6.97 HPM

Wrath will hit for (2663+48640)*1.2 (this is the 20% buff) = 61563 damage, for 7560 mana, and heals for 61563 (again ignoring mastery). At a 2 sec cast that yields 30781 DPS and 30781 HPS at 4.07 HPM.

They are fairly comparable, though disc has penance and especially holy fire which are stronger. In general it seems like it could be a fun option to go "atonement" druid. Its not as mana effecient as it is for disc, but resto does have Omen of Clarity procs that would make some wraths mana free. Might be worth it on fights with damage bonuses. Something to test out on the ptr

I for one, welcome our new resto druid overlords.

- as a holy paladin this is scary stuff. Why are resto druids getting such buffs when they neglect the poor resto shammies. Have fun being top HPS healers if this goes live.

Edit: I'm mainly worried about your revamped lvl 90 talents combined with overhealing rejuvs with Genesis. Then being able to move your shrooms to top off a raid. I don't see how this could go live.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I for one, welcome our new resto druid overlords.

- as a holy paladin this is scary stuff. Why are resto druids getting such buffs when they neglect the poor resto shammies. Have fun being top HPS healers if this goes live.

Edit: I'm mainly worried about your revamped lvl 90 talents combined with overhealing rejuvs with Genesis. Then being able to move your shrooms to top off a raid. I don't see how this could go live.
    Try to play resto druid, and you will know It.
    The changes actually reduced the max possible HPS of resto druid(since the shroom output, HPM and HPET nerf). But they make shroom easier to use.
    It will take 5 rejuv to fully charge up the shroom, instead of 3 in 5.3, and the output of shroom is reduced by 40-50%

Are the PTR notes wrong then?
    This is what I've read:
    Wild Mushroom: Bloom healing and SP scaling was tripled.
    Wild Mushroom (New) Grow a magical mushroom with 5 health at the target ally's location. After 6 sec, the mushroom will become invisible. The mushroom grows larger as it accumulates healing power from 100% of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation, up to a maximum of 200% of your health in bonus healing. Recasting Wild Mushroom will move the Mushroom without losing this accumulated healing. Wild Mushroom: Bloom can consume your Mushroom to heal nearby allies. Only 1 mushroom can be placed at a time. Can be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form. Druid - Restoration Spec. 40 yd range. Instant.

I play/raid with all 5 healing classes and I know that resto druids (right now) are in a decent spot.

How does it take 5 to charge up a shroom instead of 3 if it's healing for less? That doesn't make sense.
    Spec Heart of the Wild for increased healing done and soul of the forest (100% haste now after a SM).
    I would think this would mean less rejuvs. I haven't tested it, it just doesn't make sense to have to cast more for less.
    Especially with Genesis. You can increase the HOT overhealing speed by 400%.

I'm guessing the 200% of your health divided among the raid is the shroom nerf you're referring to when you say that it's been reduced by 40-50%. I would think you can put this up faster and move it easier.

There's an error in the op's listing of Heart of the Wild - the ptr version increases ALL healing as a passive addition to the 6% stat boost. This means HotW is 6% int plus increased healing for a resto, with the option to then spend 45 seconds refusing to keep the rogue alive because they're in catform beating on the boss.
    So L90 talents are a choice between 6% int/stam and a healing boost, Atonement healing or a cooldown.

This is what I've read:
    Wild Mushroom (New) Grow a magical mushroom with 5 health at the target ally's location. After 6 sec, the mushroom will become invisible. The mushroom grows larger as it accumulates healing power from 100% of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation, up to a maximum of 200% of your health in bonus healing. Recasting Wild Mushroom will move the Mushroom without losing this accumulated healing. Wild Mushroom: Bloom can consume your Mushroom to heal nearby allies. Only 1 mushroom can be placed at a time. Can be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form. Druid - Restoration Spec. 40 yd range. Instant.

I play/raid with all 5 healing classes and I know that resto druids (right now) are in a decent spot.

How does it take 5 to charge up a shroom instead of 3 if it's healing for less? That doesn't make sense.
    Spec Heart of the Wild for increased healing done and soul of the forest (100% haste now after a SM).
    I would think this would mean less rejuvs. I haven't tested it, it just doesn't make sense to have to cast more for less.
    Especially with Genesis. You can increase the HOT overhealing speed by 400%.

I'm guessing the 200% of your health divided among the raid is the shroom nerf you're referring to when you say that it's been reduced by 40-50%. I would think you can put this up faster and move it easier.
    Clearly you don't really used shroom in 5.3 or you haven't read the ptr patch note carefully.
    Wild Mushroom: Bloom healing and SP scaling was tripled<--yes, but instead of 3 we will have only one shroom, so the scaling doesn't really changed.
    "accumulates healing power from 100% of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation" <--in 5.3 it is 66.6% X 3= 150%, a 33% nerf.

"Wild Mushroom: Bloom is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony."

I have 20% crit, 38% mastery buffed, so in 5.3 the bloom heal for 100%*1.1*1.2*1.38=182% of the overheal stored. In 5.4 it will be 100%

This is what I've read:
    Healing and scaling are tripled because we are going from 3 shrooms to 1 shroom - no net change in value here.

The mushroom grows larger as it accumulates healing power from 100% of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation--- snip --- How does it take 5 to charge up a shroom instead of 3 if it's healing for less? That doesn't make sense.
    The current shrooms benefit from 150% of overhealing - 50% per shroom, - so in 5.4 at only 100% of overheal they will charge more slowly. (Genesis will help counter that somewhat)

... is the shroom nerf you're referring to when you say that it's been reduced by 40-50%. I would think you can put this up faster and move it easier.
    the 40-50% nerf he's referring to is that the bonus healing will no longer be increased by mastery nor Naturalist (that's a huge amount) and that the bloom will no longer crit (neither the base healing nor overhealing part) - that's a substantial decrease to output as well. Upside is easier placement and no longer losing the bonus when moving it.

TL/DR, less clunky/easier to use, about 40-50% weaker
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-06-13 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks for clearing that up insanedruid & Keiyra. I didn't read the patch notes correctly...druid is my least played class (holy paly main).
    That's definitely a nerf to shrooms, but for a lot of mobility fights, the ability to move the shroom will be priceless. Regardless, resto druids are definitely looking solid for 5.4...unlike the poor resto shammies

Ysera's Gift is a passive, subject to change of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time shrooms will be better is on a fight they would be constantly wasted due to not being moved. 2 extra GCDs is nice but won't make up for the overall healing decrease and them taking a lot longer to ramp up, especially since shrooms can be cast and left pre-fight, between phases, and during any sort of downtime.

It will probably math out to be a pretty large nerf unless boss mechanics next tier are crazy mobile and you're running around the room constantly AND most fights the raid is stacked.

As for the 90 talents, we either choose between

1. 6% int passive, increases healing done(by how much we don't know yet), mana cost of all damage spells reduced by 100% and spell hit/dmg increased.
    Lasts 45 seconds, 6 min CD.

2. Increases wrath by 20% and heals the raid for 100% of the dmg.
    Passive

3. Increases healing and damage done by 10%. All single target spells do 25% dmg to all enemies, all single target healing and dmg spells heal friendlies for 25% of the amount done.
    Lasts 30 sec, 1.5 min CD.

When you can atonement spam I assume DoC may be best, but at the loss of throughput CDs. It will be interesting to test HotW vs Nat Vig due to their numbers vs uptime vs CD. I have a feeling HotW's CD will be decreased or NV's increased unless the healing bonus is really significant. Right now Nat Vig seems kind of useless comparatively but it being a 1.5 min CD may make up for the passive int number wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnovacaine View Post
    Ysera's Gift is a passive, subject to change of course.
    It's probably not going to change. It's meant to be a healing aura.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2013-06-13 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    1. 6% int, increases healing done(by how much we don't know yet), mana cost of all damage spells reduced by 100% and spell hit/dmg increased.
    Dont forget this change for 5.4: " Heart of the Wild when activated, now also provides a 25% bonus to healing for Restoration Druids."

I'm actually most excited by the baseline NS. I've never even tried the other talents in that tier because NS is so strong, but cenarion ward really looks like an interesting mechanic. I always like having another button to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    The only time shrooms will be better is on a fight they would be constantly wasted due to not being moved. 2 extra GCDs is nice but won't make up for the overall healing decrease and them taking a lot longer to ramp up, especially since shrooms can be cast and left pre-fight, between phases, and during any sort of downtime.

It will probably math out to be a pretty large nerf unless boss mechanics next tier are crazy mobile and you're running around the room constantly AND most fights the raid is stacked.

As for the 90 talents, we either choose between

1. 6% int passive, increases healing done(by how much we don't know yet), mana cost of all damage spells reduced by 100% and spell hit/dmg increased.

2. Increases wrath by 20% and heals the raid for 100% of the dmg.
    Passive

3. Increases healing and damage done by 10%. All single target spells do 25% dmg to all enemies, all single target healing and dmg spells heal friendlies for 25% of the amount done.
    Lasts 30 sec, 1.5 min CD.

When you can atonement spam I assume DoC may be best, but at the loss of throughput CDs. It will be interesting to test HotW vs Nat Vig due to their numbers vs uptime vs CD. I have a feeling HotW's CD will be decreased or NV's increased unless the healing bonus is really significant. Right now Nat Vig seems kind of useless comparatively but it being a 1.5 min CD may make up for the passive int number wise.

It's probably not going to change. It's meant to be a healing aura.
    There is another case that shroom will be better. That is when the raid stacks up and is taking damage for more than 10 seconds.
    The change makes shroom worth casting even if 0 overheal is stored. Overall I'll say it's still a nerf but we will have genesis.
    I'd rather take genesis + nerf shroom than 5.3 shrooms. And the new Glyph of Efflorescence seem to be very nice too.

Not too sure if may of you have gotten on the PTR to test out the new shroom yet but in its current state it is placed at your feet. If this change goes live shroom will be far less effective than before assuming there are raid mechanics that prevent ranged from going into melee. Of course it will still be extremely strong on stack fights but it's overall uses will be more limited.

Pretty sure it is any target ATM
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Oh well you are correct lol. Still I would prefer to have the ground targeting back.

Look at this way, it can basically be anywhere, but you could now have a macro that places it and pops it at the same time (since it is off the GCD). Makes it a AOE LOH. You could have it on melee, see the range take a hit, and instantly pop it on them! Not such a bad thing.

Only issue really is the fine tuning of placing efflo (using the glyph), though it really is no different than the current swiftmend except you are not forced to waste the direct heal.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week