Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ...
12
52
60
61
62
  1. #1221
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If i decide to use DoC instead of HotW what should be my opener on pull? Should i start one cast from lunar eclipse with preopots and then cast Healing Touch for duration? and then again, one more healing touch when I enter solar?
    I don't know about everyone else, but I use solar opener with DoC.
    Out of combat, AC to Solar.
    Cast HT making sure you have DoC buff.
    ~2 sec before pull, pre-pot & starfall.
    Boss engaged
    Inc/CA
    Moonfire
    Starfire spam until 1st starfall fades
    Starfall
    Continue starfire spam
    CA fades
    Wrath -> 1 cast from lunar -> NS+HT for DoC
    Wrath -> Lunar
    Starfall again (3rd)
    Normal rotation, continue to cast 1 HT before your next eclipse.

    Dream of Cenarius buff lasts ~29 sec after the HT cast, so just keep practicing the rotation and you'll shortly find out the best time for you to cast HT. It all depends on player skill and how "in sync" they are with the rotation.

    I find myself casting HT when I have meta up. But always always make sure every eclipse is DoC-empowered.
    Last edited by Batix; 2013-09-13 at 02:43 PM.

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  2. #1222
    The opener stays the same with the exception of HT casts where appropriate.

  3. #1223
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Provided you don't need it for it's actual purpose.
    I've found even if i just use it to help my health it doesn't really interfere with the DoC shit.

    Also a nice scumbaggy glyph is taking healing touch glyph for the occasional quicker NS x)

  4. #1224
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    I've found even if i just use it to help my health it doesn't really interfere with the DoC shit.

    Also a nice scumbaggy glyph is taking healing touch glyph for the occasional quicker NS x)
    The glyph affects Swiftmend, hon. Bad idea.

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  5. #1225
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    The glyph affects Swiftmend, hon. Bad idea.
    It was changed to Nature's Swiftness.

  6. #1226
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It was changed to Nature's Swiftness.
    Well, fuck me sideways, I'm swapping to it!
    Ignore me, Fleuria. Tard moment.

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  7. #1227
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but I use solar opener with DoC.
    Out of combat, AC to Solar.
    Cast HT making sure you have DoC buff.
    ~2 sec before pull, pre-pot & starfall.
    Boss engaged
    Inc/CA
    Moonfire
    Starfire spam until 1st starfall fades
    Starfall
    Continue starfire spam
    CA fades
    Wrath -> 1 cast from lunar -> NS+HT for DoC
    Wrath -> Lunar
    Starfall again (3rd)
    Normal rotation, continue to cast 1 HT before your next eclipse.

    Dream of Cenarius buff lasts ~29 sec after the HT cast, so just keep practicing the rotation and you'll shortly find out the best time for you to cast HT. It all depends on player skill and how "in sync" they are with the rotation.

    I find myself casting HT when I have meta up. But always always make sure every eclipse is DoC-empowered.
    How much dps can you pull out on a dummy self buffed?

  8. #1228
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    How much dps can you pull out on a dummy self buffed?
    Burst depends, but always over 400k.
    ~210k sustained.

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  9. #1229
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Burst depends, but always over 400k.
    ~210k sustained.
    210k sustained? OMG, Now I feel like really bad Boomkin and its used to be my main in Cata. I can only do around 65k sustained dps on dummy self buffed. I want to play boomkin so much, but my frost DK just seems really better with the same ilvl sitting on 500.

  10. #1230
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,822
    Does this thread serve a purpose anymore? Everything is 5.4 related now so I feel creating new threads for specific topics is better than adding to this already lengthy thread where it's likely to get lost.

  11. #1231
    did very well on fallen protectors with inc/doc. that you for all that information in here.

  12. #1232
    Erm, Is 2 Set interacting really badly with DoC? it only seems to be proccing 50% of the time? I tweeted gcer about it hopefully he can clarify or fix it.

    also side note really happy as i got 4 set XD

    EDIT: Seems like the stars fall really slowly and sometimes they overwrite eachother, if you hit a spell along with starsurge etc.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2013-09-13 at 10:35 PM.

  13. #1233
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    757
    Since it is partways into the patch already, and this was intended as a PTR discussion thread, I meant to close it on Tuesday.

    Nonetheless, any gear, stat or talent debates should go in the T16H BiS List, general theorycrafting and non-DPS related questions can go into the Moonkin Guide, and DPS help should go in Sunfyre's Fix my Balance DPS! thread.

    Thanks all for the contributions, and look out for the Beta Thoughts and Changes for next expansion!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •