Page 81 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreldin View Post
    What's the optimal ratio of dodge to parry for the riposte build? Right now I'm sitting at 14.25% dodge and 39.41% parry; askmrrobot is telling me to pump up dodge more, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go. I could easily go above 40% parry my switching some gems, but at the expense of dodge.
    May as well just focus on stacking parry, AMR wants you to have that 0.1% more avoidance, which is trivial. You're stacking avoidance for the crit, to give you rage, to give you active mitigation, not so much to avoid. The extra parry gives you more damage on revenge if you're using the hold the line glyph.

Deleted
    Didn't want to start my own topic so decided to just post here for some help and insight. I'm fairly new to playing a prot warrior, with just under a couple of weeks exp.

My Armory - http ://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Raiiz/advanced

Just got the boots last night hence they aren't gemmed or enchanted atm.

Mainly atm I thought I just try to gem for as much stam as possible because I wasn't sure how hard the boss's in Flexi would Hit, and just wanted to make sure I could survive a couple of Melee Attacks and some specials. Secondary stat wise i'm hoping for some stam trinkets to drop so i can try avoidance build, but I thought maybe it wasn't quite worth it because AMR says i can get 28% parry going full parry but lose a lot of stam.

Logs - http ://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/102667/

We only raid 2x a week, and a lot of the dudes haven't raided since MSV/Hof/Toes etc so we have really bad DPS and gear. Just looking for insight on how bad my uptimes are and how I could improve. And if i'm taking too much dmg when i shouldn't be. i really don't know how to make sense of WoL, because i'm new to it tbh.

One thing I really noticed while Playing was, I'm not sure when to actually use Shield Wall or Last Stand. Sometimes I feel like I might take a Big Hit and panic and press them. I try to use Demo Shout as much as possible, but I have to admit I do forget sometimes.

My apologies for not being able to provide proper links, my post count is really low, having signed up recently. And apologies for any bad english as i'm still learning the language.

Deleted
    Generally you do not need stamina gems if your gear is on par (or slightly below) with the tier you are currently tanking in. Basically it is okay to socket stamina in items that are below raid tier to compensate the missing item stamina. I would not socket stamina in any item that is on par with the tier. On those items it is suggested to socket avoidance or hit/exp if you need some and don't want to reforge for it. Speaking of SoO flex I would not socket stamina in any item that is >= 535.

Trinkets should be stamina if they are on par with your tier, otherwise use secondary stat trinkets.

Regarding gemming.
    Red = exp or parry or dodge/parry
    Blue = hit or parry/sta
    Yellow = dodge or dodge/parry

Do not care about avoidance stats to much. Just download Reforgelight addon and go for:
    15exp>7.5hit>parry>dodge>mastery

Defense wise...do not use Heroic Strike unless it is glowing. Use all your rage in Shield Block. Use excess rage in Shield Barrier.
    If a single big hit is comming gather 120 rage and try to do block + 60 rage barrier. If hits are not blockable...use Barrier instead.

Btw I suggest macroing Demoralising Shout with Block/Barrier. That way you maximize its uptime.

Regarding OH-SHIT-BUTTONS. Everything below 35% is an instant oh-shit moment in raids. I like to use the health shouts on those.
    Shield wall can be used for additional mitigation of special attacks. Try to only use one oh-shit special per time.

Many encounters are dual-tank. You can Safeguard your co-tank every 30 seconds for -20% damage for 6 seconds which is insanely good. Train yourself at doing that properly.

Other important tools are your banners. Especially the mocking banner can be insanely helpful in multi-add encounters.

My armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Zork/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-11-26 at 10:51 AM.

what race should be the go-to race for alliance? worgen for the 1% crit sounds good but i think 2% dodge are better from the night elf?
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    what race should be the go-to race for alliance? worgen for the 1% crit sounds good but i think 2% dodge are better from the night elf?
    For next expa the racials are beeing redone to some extend, they feel worgen/gobo's are where it needs to be and others are weak. (In case you're changing for the next expa that is) So i'd wait that out.

However if you need it now it somewhat depends on playstyle I imagen, I'd still roll Dwarf just to actually be able to look at something awesome!

Stats wise in current tier I'd go for the worgen If you're worried about mitigating a tiny bit more i'd go nelf.

I actually find Human to be very good - 1% expertise is nice, and EMFH has saved me on multiple occasions (Paragons and Whirl specifically).

Human/Worgen/Pandaren/Nelf are all fine choices honestly. Go with whatever you prefer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi I had a quick look, even outside this forum, but couldn't find anything. MOP was my first long break from the game since Closed Beta and now I'm getting my Warrior to 90. I'm at 89 now and will hit 90 with maxed out VP and HP.

First off, what items should I get from those points to get me started on tanking? I don't want to spend them on something I think is good, to find and easy alternative a week down the line.

And what I was looking for, is there a simple gearing guide somewhere? Any tips on how to start gearing my Prot Warrior would be more than welcome. I was looking through Wowhead to find some good items that drop in 5man HCs, I can farm, or craftables that are decent, but a good link would be easier.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys checking in. I don't have any logs, but what I can tell you is I rejoined my old casual guild (10N) from Cata after a year or so of raid-inactivity. Originally in my mix of Timeless and ToT LFR gear, I was getting smashed when we progressed to Dark Shaman, so I made the decision to go with a mastery build in order to crit block more and try to smooth the damage intake a bit. It seem to work with Haromm very well. We've since killed Nazgrim, Malkorok and Spoils and are progressing on Thok. My gear is a bit of a mess (DPS boots, over the hit cap with no possibility of dropping without changing gear). Do you think it would be a wise choice to switch back to stacking parry>dodge>mastery again given my new gear level? I'd end up with 35% parry, 10% dodge and around 43% mastery. Again, 10 man normal, we only raid 2 nights so if we have to sub for no-shows we end up slowing down, which is my excuse for why we're not on heroic yet.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adski/advanced

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Worgen for sure, you gain no riposte benefit from the dodge on the NE, it's not rating.

I would go back to Avoidance, you've only got 2 DPS pieces at this point.

2 questions:

1 - Does Mocking Banner actually pick up adds on Immerseus Heroic? After getting our Garrosh kill Monday we started up heroics last night and slammed our heads on Immerseus for awhile. I can't seem to pick up the adds even with glyphed Heroic Leap and Thunder Clapping constantly and Mocking Banner just didn't seem to work at all.
    2 - Been trying to use Safeguard more now instead of Vigilance due to the regular damage reduction I can give our other tank. Normally I've been intervening right before I taunt off him in order to get some vengeance before I start on the boss but now I'm thinking I should Safeguard basically on cooldown or if there is a huge damage spike coming to our other tank. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Does Mocking Banner actually pick up adds on Immerseus Heroic?
    It definitely does work, unless they changed something in the last few weeks. Not sure what your other tank is, but what we do is let our pally start off tanking the boss, he eats the first breath and I taunt immediately afterward. He uses healing agro to easily pick up all the adds that spawn and they get destroyed in seconds.

TL;DR - Maybe you should be tanking the boss. Picking up streaming adds is not exactly the strong suit of a warrior. (not until we get those level 100 talents).

If our other tank wasn't a guardian druid we probably would do that, not the best setup for streaming adds certainly.

Let me know if I'm crazy here but... how do you manage all the freaking abilities? I'm running out of keybinds and I'm only level 55.
    I have multiple 90s and I've never had that problem before.

1-2-3-4
    Devastate-Heroic Strike-Pummel-Distrupting Shout
    MB4 - MB3 - MB5
    Revenge - Shield bash - Execute

Q - E
    Taunt - Heroic Throw
    F = Charge
    Shift F - Thunderclap
    Ctrl - F - Cleave
    X - Victory rush
    Shift B3 - Shield Block
    Ctrl-B3 will be Shield Barrier
    Shift Q - Enraged + Enraged regen macro
    Ctrl - Q - last stand
    Ctrl - B4 - shield wall

I'm at work and can't remember but I have intimidating shout somewhere and battle shout as well.
    Now... T60 talent is coming, spell reflect, reckleness, commanding shout, intervene, shattering throw, rallying cry, heroic leap, 2 other banners , T75 talent and to top it off, T90 talent.

How the hell.
    HOW!!!

That's an INSANE amount of abilities. I have to somehow, after 9 years, find 12 new keybinds lol

I have have 32 abilities keybound. Welcome to a Prot warrior.

Isn't it a bit excessive? I won't buy a new mouse to play a prot warrior

You don'r have to buy a new mouse. New keybind opportunities:

Shift 1-4
    Shift E
    C
    V
    R
    Alt modifiers

You're probably going to want a few more than 12 though. I also have keybinds for both trinket slots, BoP cancelaura, targeting macros, mouseover taunt, target marking (just skull atm) and probably 1 or 2 others I can't think of right now.

It was a difficult transition to make from frost DK, lol.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    That's an INSANE amount of abilities. I have to somehow, after 9 years, find 12 new keybinds lol
    I have stuff bound to Alt+Shift+ and Ctrl+Shift+ too.

Deleted
    I got 37, none feel particularly awkward but I don't use r or t for some reason..

I also habve a G600 though so I dont have very many crazy modifiers.

Deleted
    Hmm interesting topic. Here is my setup:

Movement: WASD

Stances: A-Q,A-E,A-R,A-F,A-C,A-X

Actionbar1: Q,E,R,F,C,X,S-Q,S-E,S-R,S-F,S-C,S-X
    Actionbar2: 1,2,3,4,T,G,S-1,S-2,S-3,S-4,S-T,S-G
    Actionbar3: M4,M5,S-M4,S-M5,F1,F2,F3,F4,A-T,A-G,S-^,^
    Extrabutton: C-M5
    Bar4: A-1,A-2,A-3,A-4,A-5,A-6 (mounts)

Nearly all of the first 36 buttons are filled up and actually have a use.

A- = ALT-
    C- = CTRL-
    S- = SHIFT-

That opens another quite interesting topic: What hardware are you using?

I use a super old mechanical keyboard (from 199x) and a Microsoft Habu (I don't like the mouse any more). Going to get new hardware on christmas (Cherry MX 3.0 black + Sharkoon Fireglider black)
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-11-28 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    I couldn't play my warrior without my naga:

Movement: WASD
    Actionbar 1: 1 - 0, ß, ´ (German layout)
    Actionbar 2: shift + Actionbar 1
    Actionbar 3: alt + Actionbar 1
    Actionbar 4: ctrl + Actionbar 1 (only use ctrl + 1-5, I think)
    Charge: q
    Leap: e
    Intervene: f
    Potion: t
    Mount: <