Deleted
    535 is just a little lower than the first save of heroics and no, I don't remember any of the first 4 bosses being a pain to tank in that kind of gear. TL/DR, your gear is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabee View Post
    I have been a DK tank all of MoP. We recently lost our DPS warrior after heroic Garrosh and this is making our repeat kills difficult. Long story short I have decided to switch to warrior for WoD since we have no others and also to take advantage of them finishing out this tier. I have spent the past week and a half getting as ready as I could. I know the priorities and all that. I know when to use CDs since I have been tanking these bosses all expansion. Please don't tell me to get my meta and legendary. If I could snap my fingers and get them then I would.

I am just wondering if getting my feet wet tonight is a good idea or not. I have ten seals saved up so I am hoping to at least get in for the first four bosses. At the same time, I don't want to cause wipes needlessly. I don't see any issue with Immerseus, it's already one tankable so if I just gather the slimes we should be fine. Plus as a block tank I should be decent at slimes. On protectors I normally tank He and Misery when she is up which I don't see as a problem. Norushen is a joke. I can't even remember off the top of my head if sha hits hard or not. I am so used to sleepwalking through this place.

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Oridin/advanced

Tl;dr - Is it going to waste my guild's time trying to go 4/14h with that warrior?
    If you're running with a group that's in the 570s and has killed heroic Garrosh you should be fine to do the first 4 bosses VERY EASILY. That gear is about 10 ilvls or so off what a lot of people did their first reset of heroics in and you've got the benefit of having tons of experience on the fights and a very geared group around you to "carry" if needed (specifically healers). And no, Sha's tank damage is pathetic, probably why you can't remember anything about that fight haha.
    Only thing I'd really suggest, which you probably already know, is that the 2p is pretty strong and being able to get it before your raid this week from flex/LFR is a very good idea.
    Last edited by Octa; 2014-04-22 at 05:08 PM.

watched the show, lol'ed about gliff and his "i would love to heal" answer

and eddy, what did you ment with "monk is pretty yolo"?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    watched the show, lol'ed about gliff and his "i would love to heal" answer

and eddy, what did you ment with "monk is pretty yolo"?
    I've wanted to heal since I came back and started playing again in Naxx 25. my first toon I leveled was a Shaman that was SUPPOSED to be Resto but ended up being Ele.

Replacing a tank is so hard that I've basically just accepted it's never gonna happen lol. It took us 3 months to replace our Monk tank.

I don't know if that ain't something into it, I started as Resto Druid in Vanilla till late BWL.

great show guys...just i can't believe you didn't touch the subjects like set bonuses 2x and 4x at all

Quote Originally Posted by Dascha View Post
    great show guys...just i can't believe you didn't touch the subjects like set bonuses 2x and 4x at all
    The 4-set sucks. The 2-set is good, better if you are 10 man. There you go haha

Deleted
    So we have been progressing in garrosh HC for 2 weeks now probably we get to p4 tomorrow.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/eh206rlzbd392c18/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-phimazggz0z13ehx/

Here are our 2 latest logs. Anything I could improve damage/cooldown usage wise ?

Deleted
    Didn't look at the logs (yet) but i'd most likely not go with the rude interuptions glyph but with the thunderclap instead.

It will increase you add DPS greatly and When I interupt on this fight I use The following prios;

Shockewave (only when MC's are still stunable or when dealing with adds in Transition 1) > Disruption Shout > Pummel

Especially with the imo stupid shared cooldown (PVE nerf just for PVP if you ask me) you'll find yourself very rarely actually interupting with pummel.

I might be wrong though and rude interuptions might be a better choice but I've never run with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I suggest you start using Warcraftlogs.com (I might get some hate for some people for this) but I've dropped WoL personally as it would simply have flaws that wouldn't get fixed fast enough at all Warcraftlogs.com seems to be more up to date and maintained. But that's personal preference tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

For example I can't even find a whole Garrosh kill in WoL since it splits up the kills due to... inactivity (I'm thinking it splits @ the T2 where we just AFK in a corner)..

Which I was going to use to compare ability usage but ye.... >.<

Also, If you get to P4 the hard part is over anyhow and it's all about not fucking up and getting a star when you shouldn't (and some people failing on malice)

Hey, I just switched to a Warrior from a Paladin to make farm easier and I read earlier in the thread that you guys macro Berserker Rage into abilities rather than casting it manually. I'm wondering why that is. I was under the impression that BR just enraged you (and what it mentions in the tooltip was just to inform players of what being Enraged does). Does it make you do 10% MORE damage (so 20%) or is there another reason you guys macro it?

Currently, I have a WA that pops up and makes a sound when enrage falls off. I cast BR when I hear that sound as I figured that that would be optimal. Is it not optimal or is the gain so small as to just not be worth the effort? I'm currently Avoidance build and favoring Parry btw.

P.S. - Should I drop Unending Rage for Resonating Power or wait until I'm really comfortable? I've been playing for about 3 weeks in the main run.
    Last edited by Blizzhoof; 2014-04-26 at 09:43 AM.

As prot, personally I macro Berserker Rage to Recklessness and Skull Banner, primarily to save on keybinds. BzR does not give you 10% extra damage if you use it while you're actually enraged, so it's a minor loss to use it if you're already enraged, unless you really want an extra 10 rage immediately. I have a WA for Enrage just as you (except for the sound) and I use BzR when I'm not enraged.

As for glyphs, I'm used to having Unending Rage, the 20 extra rage can mean saving up for 2 full strength barriers if it's needed at any point, and it just makes rage easier to manage with the high rage income from an avoidance build.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

There are three ways to use BR. The first way is to use it for pure defensive benefits, meaning you want to use it close to on CD for the Rage benefit it gives (Becoming enraged gives 10rage). Using this strat you can simply macro it into every attack you got, so long as you make sure you never cap your rage. If you do cap your rage it will be more beneficial to have a separate bind for it and use it whenever you're not capped.

The second way is to use it for its offensive benefits, meaning you want to use it to maximize your enrage uptime. If you're using this strat you do not want to macro it to anything, and you want a separate bind for it so that you can use it whenever enrage is about to fall off.

The third option is if you're running with Enraged Regen, and you simply want to make sure that you always are enraged when you use it, then you can simply macro them together.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    There are three ways to use BR. The first way is to use it for pure defensive benefits, meaning you want to use it close to on CD for the Rage benefit it gives (Becoming enraged gives 10rage). Using this strat you can simply macro it into every attack you got, so long as you make sure you never cap your rage. If you do cap your rage it will be more beneficial to have a separate bind for it and use it whenever you're not capped.

The second way is to use it for its offensive benefits, meaning you want to use it to maximize your enrage uptime. If you're using this strat you do not want to macro it to anything, and you want a separate bind for it so that you can use it whenever enrage is about to fall off.

The third option is if you're running with Enraged Regen, and you simply want to make sure that you always are enraged when you use it, then you can simply macro them together.
    Cool. I may just macro it in this week for a few reasons. Number one, I just went through my Garrosh logs and I'm doing a pretty poor job of using it properly (damage-wise). In addition, we're three healing again this week and I should probably focus on defense a little more.

Deleted
    Had some serious vengeance issues tonight, ie: only 30-40k instead of 200-220k on Klaxxi on the pull resulting in to less damage to kill Skeer before healing back up (<200k dps instead of 400k on the pull). And couldn't kill the shredder on Siegecrafter even with 5 stacks (Dragon Roar hitting for 40-50% of what it used to do). Anyone has any idea what could go wrong there? Changing glyphs and specc didn't help at all.

Other tanks (paladins) didn't have those problems as frequently, so either something warrior or Klausi exclusive? But occassionally i would pull aggro on siegecrafter pulls after 20ish seconds so that might be some general problems after a recent hotfix? And then there were some tries when everything was back to normal but i'd really like to not have this happen again another raiding night, wasting 3/4 of our time. Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-04-27 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Klaxxi has had those issues since release afaik, low vengeance, little to no riposte. Doubt they'll get fixed now, just have to deal with it
    Can always have both tanks dps skeer, just make sure to not kite first bloods to close, its an aoe heal.

No idea about siegecrafter, his electro occasionally doesn't do damage and can result in bit less vengeance but not enough to cause issues killing shredder with 5 stacks.

The trick to getting vengeance when tanking Skeer is to actually take the injection in the face constantly, and only use your AM to block the one you need so you can let it reset to spawn adds. He himself gives little to no vengeance, but you should have enough melee attacks from him to keep up Riposte. He just hits for nothing on his melees.

Deleted
    They fixed all the klaxxi special attacks vengeance problems several month ago, i had no issues with that again until last night.

Went through the logs on both wcl & wol, looks like my play just wasn't on par. While i'm not sure this was the real kicker it's a more realistic explanation than anything else if nobody else encountered something similar recently.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-04-28 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    The trick to getting vengeance when tanking Skeer is to actually take the injection in the face constantly, and only use your AM to block the one you need so you can let it reset to spawn adds. He himself gives little to no vengeance, but you should have enough melee attacks from him to keep up Riposte. He just hits for nothing on his melees.
    I think you mean Rik'kal. Pop a CD and intervene either Rik'kal or Skeer depending on who you have and cop a big hit.

Yup, Rik'kal. He's the one I always end up tanking in the beginning.