Page 89 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    can't say warriors are the best tanks. but htey par with monks. but monks got a lot of self healing so you can outplay bad healers. as a warrior, you are pretty shitfaced
    Warrior is the best tank. Their damage is on par or better than brewmasters (perhaps not pre 15% nerf but certainly now) Their survival and self healing is hands down much better and so is their CD toolkit both defensively and offensively - certainly for the rest of the raid too. Their mobility is unmatched as well. (Although Monks aren't that bad in that regard either).

Thoughts on Glyph of Incite?

Deleted
    can't say warriors are the best tanks. but htey par with monks. but monks got a lot of self healing so you can outplay bad healers. as a warrior, you are pretty shitfaced
    I find barrier spam combined with the 2 set and healing trinket to be FAR more effective than monk self healing tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Thoughts on Glyph of Incite?
    Hmm...

Well last tier I would have said it was worth a try, however with the changes to TC and the scaling with higher vengeance in SoO you will basically always get a lot more DPS by using the Thunder Clap glyph

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Hmm...

Well last tier I would have said it was worth a try, however with the changes to TC and the scaling with higher vengeance in SoO you will basically always get a lot more DPS by using the Thunder Clap glyph

I'm wondering if it would be viable over Heavy Repercussions on Heroic Thok since I'm rarely going to have the rage for Shield Block over spamming Barrier.
    Last edited by Teye; 2014-01-04 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    I highly doubt it, you will be casting block at the start of each phase and even if you only get 2-3 HR Slams off you will beat the damage you gain from incite

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I highly doubt it, you will be casting block at the start of each phase and even if you only get 2-3 HR Slams off you will beat the damage you gain from incite
    Cool, thanks.

Incite over RP glyph can be beneficial when learning new fights that involve adds. Lower CD on TC and some free cleaves. I used to use incite religiously, but the dps gain of RP is just too good to pass up.

Not the most constructive post from my side, but can I just say I LOVE my protection warrior Ever since I went prot I love WoW again. Haven't played WoW in a while, but coming back and changing to prot was the best change I ever made I think.

So 3 /cheers for all you prot warriors out there.
    Last edited by Las Vegas; 2014-01-12 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas View Post
    Not the most constructive post from my side, but can I just say I LOVE my protection warrior Ever since I went prot and love WoW again. Haven't played WoW in a while, but coming back and changing to prot was the best change I ever made I think.

So 3 /cheers for all you prot warriors out there.
    You picked a good time. Prot is a ton of fun right now.

Deleted
    Only thing is vengeance, that ruins everything i do as prot below 25man heroics. It just feels so useless without the proper vengeance.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty nice in 10 man to be fair, still do sick damage but ye I'm going 25 man soon aswell so looking forward to that mad vengeance
    Last edited by Zworg; 2014-01-13 at 04:23 PM.

hi there. currently i play a brewmaster but i found my warrior alt to be a "better" tank. i raid 10 men so some raid CDs are good to have. ox statue is good but banner, shouts and stuff are better imo. DPS wise there is no big different. i think my warrior would do more (and he is 10 ilvl behind). i solotanked thok hc with my monk and it was ok. cooldown rotations and it was no problem at all. now i want to solotank him with my warrior. the thing is, is dont know if i can stick to my heavy parry setup or if i should swap to a mastery based setup.

this is my warrior (these are the only trinkets i got and i think the two STAM trinkets would come in handy for thok hc)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cobam/advanced
    13/13

Monk

It seems I've failed my warrior duty and didn't drink enough ale or didn't headbutt enough alliance scum and I've become sick... which means time for theorycrafting

Which t6 talent is better for Klaxxi (10m if that changes anything) and do our buffs stack with the scorpion?

My raidlead already told me it would be better to use avatar but that doesn't convince me. The scropion has 2min cd which means every scropion with BB and only ever 2nd one with avatar. On top of that BB is useable while waiting for the scorpion cooldown and avatar can't be used during the whole opening or you won't have it for the first scorpion (We kill that guy second which shouldn't take 3min to do it).

@Siccora: Both are great tanks at the moment. Stam trinkets are quite a good safety net on thok but they aren't needed. Thok is all about using your insane vengeance for great shieldbarriers. Especially whenever he reapplies the debuff which usually overlaps with his next autoattack.
    Last edited by meteo; 2014-01-14 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    It seems I've failed my warrior duty and didn't drink enough ale or didn't headbutt enough alliance scum and I've become sick... which means time for theorycrafting

Which t6 talent is better for Klaxxi (10m if that changes anything) and do our buffs stack with the scorpion?

My raidlead already told me it would be better to use avatar but that doesn't convince me. The scropion has 2min cd which means every scropion with BB and only ever 2nd one with avatar. On top of that BB is useable while waiting for the scorpion cooldown and avatar can't be used during the whole opening or you won't have it for the first scorpion (We kill that guy second which shouldn't take 3min to do it).

@Siccora: Both are great tanks at the moment. Stam trinkets are quite a good safety net on thok but they aren't needed. Thok is all about using your insane vengeance for great shieldbarriers. Especially whenever he reapplies the debuff which usually overlaps with his next autoattack.
    so i make my shieldbarrier on prio #1 instead of block? or do i have insane amount of rage to keep both up?
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    You picked a good time. Prot is a ton of fun right now.
    Subjective opinion is subjective obviously, but that's why I unsubscribed; I don't think it's much fun at all. Give me the Cataclysm warrior (or, even better, the Wrath version) over this one, any day.

I can understand why some people are enjoying it, though. At least warriors are competitive now, following an entire expansion where they were decidedly second rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Subjective opinion is subjective obviously, but that's why I unsubscribed; I don't think it's much fun at all. Give me the Cataclysm warrior (or, even better, the Wrath version) over this one, any day.

I can understand why some people are enjoying it, though. At least warriors are competitive now, following an entire expansion where they were decidedly second rate.
    So you liked when tanking took zero skill and was all passive defensives?....

Deleted
    so i make my shieldbarrier on prio #1 instead of block? or do i have insane amount of rage to keep both up?
    Well... My strategy is to *try* get shield block if available as it does work nicely with barrier and prevents him from eating straight through it and gets you out of the situation say; where your shield barrier has fallen off but you don't have the rage to apply a new one and the roar + melee swing gibbing you. I like to pool rage up to around 60-80, get a shield block out then fill the rest with barrier, that way the longeivity of your barrier is drastically increased and grants you a lot more DPS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Only thing is vengeance, that ruins everything i do as prot below 25man heroics. It just feels so useless without the proper vengeance.
    Well... in really good gear, I was actually pretty surprised by how much DPS you can push from the great scaling we have now. It does however require two fairly DPS heavy trinkets such as the Thok one paired with something like the Juggernaut Focus Crystal. But stepping into something like LFR you can still push pretty strong numbers. It surprised me that even while playing with 1/3rd of the vengeance you can still do around 1/2 or more of the DPS you would usually do in 25HC

Deleted
    So you liked when tanking took zero skill and was all passive defensives?....
    I'd argue say, solo tanking yorsahj in DS during the first weeks of heroics took more skill then any boss this entire expo :P
    But yeh, i do agree AM is way more fun tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I'd argue say, solo tanking yorsahj in DS during the first weeks of heroics took more skill then any boss this entire expo :P
    But yeh, i do agree AM is way more fun tanking.
    I don't get how that was hard to tank. All it took was correct CD usage for the entirety of the fight. Kind of funny because current AM makes EVERY fight like that. Instead of calling for externals and using TB trinket and personals, you use shield block and barrier.

I don't get how that was hard to tank. All it took was correct CD usage for the entirety of the fight. Kind of funny because current AM makes EVERY fight like that. Instead of calling for externals and using TB trinket and personals, you use shield block and barrier.
    I was actually about to say this. Smart cooldown usage and management of externals. The only reason it was a "challenge" was DKs and the like could cheese it.