Thread: SoO Item levels

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SoO Item levels

Is anyone else surprised that Heroic SoO gear (non-Bloodsoaked) will only be 554 ilvl? That's only 5 ilvls higher than current tier 2/2 Heroic Thunderforged gear.

Normal mode SoO gear is 541 ilvl, so barring set-bonuses / weapons with procs / trinkets, normal SoO gear is pretty useless if you have a few Heroic Thunderforged items.

Where do you see the ilvls?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Is anyone else surprised that Heroic SoO gear (non-Bloodsoaked) will only be 554 ilvl? That's only 5 ilvls higher than current tier 2/2 Heroic Thunderforged gear.

Normal mode SoO gear is 541 ilvl, so barring set-bonuses / weapons with procs / trinkets, normal SoO gear is pretty useless if you have a few Heroic Thunderforged items.
    According to WoWprogress, your "average" raid guild is somewhere between Ji-Kun and Durumu normal.

Normal SoO gear being about on par with heroic thunderforged ToT gear is not gonna be an issue for the overwhelming majority of raiders. And for those it does affect, well, they'll be on heroic SoO on week 2 of the patch, so no big deal.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I feel like it's all so low ilvl because of how hard stat scaling has been this expansion...

If the gear was any higher than that, we would be hitting caps like we did in ICC. (not to mention we'd have more stats on 1 single piece of gear than half a set of 450-463 gear)

527 - LFR (or Flex)
    541 - Normal
    554 - Heroic

What it looks like so far. I'm assuming the raid finder gear is place holder for Flex. Kinda crazy if they did 502 - 527 (25 points) for LFR.

Could also be entirely placeholder, especially since they still say Thunderforged on them. It is day 1 afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Could also be entirely placeholder, especially since they still say Thunderforged on them. It is day 1 afterall.
    They do this every tier. They copy all the items from the previous tier and tweak their names and stats.

Deleted
    They want to make the older raid matter, good choice. Even though crushing through 14 bosses will be a pain it gives an option for those who want to maximize, abit easier to catch up also as you can do it crossrealm.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    527 - LFR (or Flex)
    541 - Normal
    554 - Heroic

What it looks like so far. I'm assuming the raid finder gear is place holder for Flex. Kinda crazy if they did 502 - 527 (25 points) for LFR.
    There's 521 LFR's on there, too, so the 527 LFR's prolly are flex.

Id hope that lfr gear from the next raid still makes normal gear from t15 worth running. That will give it some longevity.

Heroic thunderforged tier that's 560? That's a little weird.

1) ptr is ptr
    2) those numbers seem right to me.

Guilds in full double upgraded heroic thunder forged aren't going to care about normal mode and heroic will give them upgrades.

Good on Blizzard for doing something right (they've really hit this expansion so hard with AWESOME stuff).

549 for 2/2 t16 normal mode gear in which is equal to 2/2 hc tf t15 gear. It's really good to know they realised their mistakes in t14 > t15 item level transition. Also means that alt raids in t16 will be fucking pointless because most guilds have 445-449 ilvl anyway. Saving up 3000/3000 VP seems mandatory, sure, but it's nice to see t16 world-race isn't going to be decided by "who ran most alt raids".
    Last edited by Floopa; 2013-06-12 at 08:30 AM.

The heroic thunderforged gear is ilvl 560, with the upgrades it will be pretty much too different from the heroic thunderforged gear 2/2 that you could get from Ra-den. Plus who knows what tricks might blizz introduce to the game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    527 - LFR (or Flex)
    541 - Normal
    554 - Heroic

Current Difference between tiers for LFR is 476/483 for MSV/ToES-HoF and 502 for ToT. which is 26-21 points.

it isnt a stretch at all.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

If that indeed happens to be the case, that would be kinda bad. That's relatively low.

AFAIK this is what it is:

LFR = 520
    Flex = 527
    Flex TF (???) = 535
    Normal = 541
    Normal TF = 549
    Heroic = 554
    Heroic TF = 562

What's wrong with these values? Current normal mode raiders feel no need to do LFR, and curent HC raiders feel no need to do LFR/Flex/ and to a lesser extent normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    AFAIK this is what it is:

LFR = 520
    Flex = 527
    Flex TF (???) = 535
    Normal = 541
    Normal TF = 549
    Heroic = 554
    Heroic TF = 562

What's wrong with these values? Current normal mode raiders feel no need to do LFR, and curent HC raiders feel no need to do LFR/Flex/ and to a lesser extent normal.
    Thunderforged is 6, not 8, item levels.