Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Yeah stromgarde is just a pile of broken buildings that is not much use its better to plague it into next week so it will never become an ally fortress and to give them something to rally round

As for the alliance didnt you guys learn nothing from theramore the horde does not tolerate huge alliance fortresses near its lands and citys especially sylvanas

Gameplay wise what would be the point giving stromgarde to the alliance nobody ever quests in arathi highlands and do the allys really need a huge city just so they can kill a few ogres and defias cutthroats
    Yes, us the player base totally learned from Theramore. We are just so privileged to be able to learn from stuff like that. It's not like it was out of our hands to decide a majority of the content and lore behind stuff, right?

Sylvanas has better matters to attend to. The Horde ordeal in Org is huge-even for the Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

It could be the new Theramore, and lead in to the next expac. Not really sure how though, it doesn't really have a strong connection to the legion or w/e. (Yes Danath, but it's a stretch.)
    They're probably just torturing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Yes, us the player base totally learned from Theramore. We are just so privileged to be able to learn from stuff like that. It's not like it was out of our hands to decide a majority of the content and lore behind stuff, right?

Sylvanas has better matters to attend to. The Horde ordeal in Org is huge-even for the Forsaken.
    Sylavanas doesnt give a fuck about the civil war she is just biding her time

Also when i say didnt you guys learn nothing from theramore i was being hyperbolic and really pointing to your leadership.

10+ Year Old Account

Also when i say didnt you guys learn nothing from theramore i was being hyperbolic and really pointing to your leadership.
    She gives a fuck about what is best for her and her people. Not giving a shit about the Horde is suicide. The Alliance or other factions could gang up on the Forsaken if the Horde completely went splat. There are several gains for her in this overthrow depending on who became the new Warchief.

Our leadership? I don't think dissecting apart Jaina or Varian's leadership is relevant to this. The pendulum swings both ways if you are going to start opening that can of worms.

Ah well that's a shame haha. Hopefully they do revisit Stromgarde in the future, scenario or otherwise.

I always thought it might make a cool BG myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    No part of the Eastern Kingdoms belongs rightfully to the Horde, except arguably Quel'Thalas.
    Rightfully? What is this nonsense? If by "rightfully" you mean they aren't native to those lands then no, Orcs for one aren't native anywhere in Azeroth. But what is this obtuse notion that land "rightfully" belongs to the first people to set foot on it and that god-granted "right" exists in perpetuity? Hell even Humans aren't native to the Eastern Kingdoms - they migrated south from the Vrykul regions of Northrend.

In the game just like in real life, ownership of land varies over time and claiming that one group of people "rightfully" own a piece of soil until the end of time because their distant ancestors (allegedly) called shotgun on it is just plain idiotic.

Arguably Quel'Thalas? I'd say Quel'Thalas DEFINITELY belongs to the Blood Elves, assuming I accept the notion that land "rightfully" belongs to anyone. The high elves are a very small splinter group.

I imagine she's keen to see what the outcome is and how it will affect her interests. She's hardly been a fan of Garrosh's Horde. How will the Forsaken stand post-rebellion? That all depends on who the next Warchief is...

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    They need more obvious stand-in names.
    Names for future tech testbeds:

The Death of Tirion Fordring
    Kul Tiras Battleground
    Demon Hunter Introductory Quest Chain
    Flight of the Exodar
    The Throne of Queen Azshara
    Magatha Grimtotem: A Satisfactory Conclusion
    The Madness of Warchief Gallywix
    Return of the Lich King
    The Ruins of Argus
    Caverns of Time: The Death of Cairne
    Whatever Happened to Turalyon and Alleria?
    The Funeral of the High King
    Velen: Some Lore at Last
    Dance Studio Deluxe Edition
    Invasion of the Emerald Dream
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-06-14 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Names for future tech testbeds:

The Death of Tirion Fordring
    Kul Tiras Battleground
    Demon Hunter Introductory Quest Chain
    Flight of the Exodar
    The Throne of Queen Azshara
    Magatha Grimtotem: A Satisfactory Conclusion
    The Madness of Warchief Gallywix
    Return of the Lich King
    The Ruins of Argus
    Caverns of Time: The Death of Cairne
    Whatever Happened to Turalyon and Alleria?
    The Funeral of the High King
    Velen: Some Lore at Last
    Dance Studio Deluxe Edition
    Invasion of the Emerald Dream
    Best laugh I've had in a while from this.

Don't forget: Alliance Dalaran on the move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Alliance Dalaran on the move.
    Colonization of Azeroth's Moons
    Return of Malygos
    Surrender of the Rebellion and Alliance Forces
    Destruction of Orgrimmar
    Emerald Sanctum
    Amber Sanctum
    Zuldazar
    Gnomish Secession from the Alliance
    Ogre/Naga Starting Zone
    Union of the Alliance and Horde
    Surrender of the Old Gods
    Surrender of the Burning Legion
    Re-origination of Azeroth

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the Kor'korn in Undercity will make simply waiting hard. At this point if she weren't to assist Garrosh that would be seen as treachery and as such he'd attempt to do Undercity what he did to Darkspear Isle.

As it stands she can't leave UC.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    All of the Kor'korn in Undercity will make simply waiting hard. At this point if she weren't to assist Garrosh that would be seen as treachery and as such he'd attempt to do Undercity what he did to Darkspear Isle.

As it stands she can't leave UC.
    Unless half of the ocupants are possessed already. Hell, they are eating from Forsaken kitchen for how long now? Who knows what the spice is.

Deal with it
    Coming from the guy who's claim to Lordaeron is right of conquest?

The Horde hasn't conquered northern Eastern Kingdoms yet. So therefore they have no right to it yet.

Also by that logic if the Alliance take Stromgarde by force then they own it by right of conquest, regardless of whether or not an undead can truely 'own' land legally.

Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the dark lady says he still runs the place then he still runs the place wether he likes it or not!
    interestingly enough records of law would end his rule when he died passing it onto his successor so no he doesn't have a legal right to owning the land
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, How many did it take to kill the lich king? 10 people + 1 lorebounddeusexmachina. How many would it take to slaughter all of stromgarde? 3+ the crowned prince and his deusexmachina.

So if we want to talk about legitamate owner of Stromgarde, it Galen. Galen also wants to reclaim his home. So what right does Danath have to it? Sure, Galen is Undead, but so are the Residents of Lordereon that the Alliance so full heartedly pushed away when they wished to realign with them. Galen has the right to Stromgarde, and as an unracist orc warlock, I will help him reclaim his land from the tyrannical hands of the alliance (and syndicate n ogres)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    So if we want to talk about legitamate owner of Stromgarde, it Galen. Galen also wants to reclaim his home. So what right does Danath have to it? Sure, Galen is Undead, but so are the Residents of Lordereon that the Alliance so full heartedly pushed away when they wished to realign with them. Galen has the right to Stromgarde, and as an unracist orc warlock, I will help him reclaim his land from the tyrannical hands of the alliance (and syndicate n ogres)
    Galen is not the legitimate ruler. By the very laws that would have made him ruler he forfeits that right upon death - likely passing that status on to Danath. Meanwhile, the people of Stromgarde are still alive, human, and loyal to the Alliance. They'll back Danath. The Horde have virtually no claim to Stromgarde. To suggest Galen has a claim to Stromgarde makes about as much sense as suggesting that killing and resurrecting Varian Wrynn as a Forsaken would effectively give the Horde ownership of the Alliance.

[/COLOR]
    Meh, How many did it take to kill the lich king? 10 people + 1 lorebounddeusexmachina. How many would it take to slaughter all of stromgarde? 3+ the crowned prince and his deusexmachina.

I find very interesting horde players think everthing on azeroth must became theirs for any reason. Then if Thrall comes to Elwynn and pisses over it the forest became rightful an horde land by conquest? Considering the origins and considering what it has done, the Horde has already more lands than it deserves.
    Last edited by Octavius; 2013-06-14 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Galen is not the legitimate ruler. By the very laws that would have made him ruler he forfeits that right upon death - likely passing that status on to Danath. Meanwhile, the people of Stromgarde are still alive, human, and loyal to the Alliance. They'll back Danath. The Horde have virtually no claim to Stromgarde. To suggest Galen has a claim to Stromgarde makes about as much sense as suggesting that killing and resurrecting Varian Wrynn as a Forsaken would effectively give the Horde ownership of the Alliance.
    Technically, yes... Yes it would, but Forsaken have free will, and you can go play the quests to realize this, even one kills Sylvannas. Doesnt mean Varian will join the horde if he is forsakened, rather hed probably kill himself.

Who has the right to lordereon? Literally, all the forsakened are the legitimate owners of it until Callia Menethil's return, then she has a legitmate claim to the throne, alive or undead. The claim of "death" stops your legitimate ownership of something, to someone who had no control over being brought back to life, is like telling me I cant own a house cause i am not (x skin color here).

The people of Lordereon have their homes back, so why cant Galen? Oh... because hes undead. So lets break down the word "undead".... Un... meaning not and dead... meaning not alive. Not not Alive... so a double negative cancels themselves out... and we have Alive that is all that is left. Simple math and the english language for you. So by this, it means... Galen is alive.

Why cant people get this through their heads... being forsakened means you are alive, its simple. The reason you guys dont want to realize this is so that "the living" can have claim to all of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So if we want to talk about legitamate owner of Stromgarde, it Galen.
    Is Galen dead? Yes. Then how can he hold claim to a title that passes to the next in line when the current bearer dies?

So what right does Danath have to it?
    He is the rightful heir as far as we know. True, there may be other sin the line of succession we don't know about. Or, as Galen wasn't a King, there may be additional criteria before a King can be selected. But one thing is certain...as a living member of the Trollbane family, he has more right to the title than Galen does.

Sure, Galen is Undead
    And therefore dead and therefore ineligible.

but so are the Residents of Lordereon that the Alliance so full heartedly pushed away when they wished to realign with them.
    This never happened.

Galen has the right to Stromgarde, and as an unracist orc warlock, I will help him reclaim his land from the tyrannical hands of the alliance (and syndicate n ogres)
    Galen has the same right to Stromgarde as any other successful conqueror would have. But the burden of rule is no longer his to bear.

EJL

And there is absolutely positively no way for his mind to be messed with making him more accepting of Sylvanas controlling him like all of those Alliance that got raised in Silverpine that instantly swore allegiance to Sylvanas. No way at all that could be the case.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who has the right to lordereon? Literally, all the forsakened are the legitimate owners of it
    And they are killing off anyone and everyone who questions that claim....or who has a better one.

The claim of "death" stops your legitimate ownership of something, to someone who had no control over being brought back to life, is like telling me I cant own a house cause i am not (x skin color here).
    The Forsaken are magically animated constructs designed to imprison, hold, twist and warp the souls of the humans form which they were born. So the situations aren't entirely analogous. Regardless - they are still dead.

The people of Lordereon have their homes back
    And killing off the living people of Lordaeron who still have their homes and their lives.

so why cant Galen? Oh... because hes undead.
    Because he is dead and therefore no longer has any right to the crown you say is his.

So lets break down the word "undead".... Un... meaning not and dead... meaning not alive. Not not Alive... so a double negative cancels themselves out... and we have Alive that is all that is left. Simple math and the english language for you. So by this, it means... Galen is alive.
    Yeah. Nice word play. Isn't true, buit quite smart. Galen is an undead. He is dead, but still animate.

Why cant people get this through their heads... being forsakened means you are alive, its simple. The reason you guys dont want to realize this is so that "the living" can have claim to all of the Eastern Kingdoms.
    The reason people can't get this through their heads is because its false reasoning. Galen is not alive. He is an undead. He is in a state of being that by definition means he is dead. His body still moves and is animate because necromantic magics trap his soul there but he is still dead.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Just to avoid any further confusion, there is no Stromgarde scenario in patch 5.4, and what you’ve seen datamined is little more than a developer experiment with a stand-in name.

This happens quite often; developers will put something quick together to test out some new tech or functionality, and the remnants occasionally slip through to the PTR files where dataminers can get ahold of them.

So, just to be clear, there is currently nothing related to Stromgarde in production. That’s not to say it’s a location we’ll never revisit, but should that happen, it will not be in 5.4, and the recently datamined files will not be part of it.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...e-scenario-54/
    Last edited by Dyminator; 2013-06-14 at 07:43 AM.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    And they are killing off anyone and everyone who questions that claim....or who has a better one.

The Forsaken are magically animated constructs designed to imprison, hold, twist and warp the souls of the humans form which they were born. So the situations aren't entirely analogous. Regardless - they are still dead.

And killing off the living people of Lordaeron who still have their homes and their lives.

Because he is dead and therefore no longer has any right to the crown you say is his.

Yeah. Nice word play. Isn't true, buit quite smart. Galen is an undead. He is dead, but still animate.

The reason people can't get this through their heads is because its false reasoning. Galen is not alive. He is an undead. He is in a state of being that by definition means he is dead. His body still moves and is animate because necromantic magics trap his soul there but he is still dead.

EJL
    Sigh. Its been proved that the forsakened are "alive". Why do you think they steer away from Holy magic? Its not because it kills "them", rather it makes them feel. They begin having all their feelings come back, and they feel everything about themselves and the PAIN of being Alive. But the select few, who either enjoys the pain mastocistically or simply wish to help others that are alive, do wield holy magic.

Undead has been a play on words since its incantation, and the correct words that you are looking for is Animated Dead. Not undead. Animated Dead is simply a puppet. Galen is an intelligent being brought back into the word, not a brain dead puppet, unless Sylvannas has become the Lich Queen between lvl 20-30. Plus, he was dead since vanillia. thats a good 5 years of decay. if he had been brought back immediately after death, you wouldnt have a problem with it... because that what happens to you when you stand in fire too long. They bring your soul back into your body. He just happens to have decayed. Shadow Magic is what is used, rather than holy in this circumstance. And it has it defects too. Death knights even bring you back from the dead.