Holy: Gear Advice

Afternoon Paladin community,

Before someone says "Should have posted this in the Fix My Heals" thread it specifically says on the front page it's not for gearing issues so... yeh, don't respond with that please.

Character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Cerf/advanced

Started last week with a newly reformed 10m HC guild and we're just regearing after a lot re-rolled (myself included) and I know I've got the playstyle sorted I don't need any help with that (I'm messing with HA/DP so ignore that talent tier as I switch a lot) but I've just started keeping my VP for items instead of upgrades.

I purchased the bracers first (bumped up from a green) but unsure what to spend on next, or whether item upgrades are a more wise purchase?

I was thinking trinket as I'll be looking to use that with Horridon's trinket (switching to Horridon's & Lei Shen's when gear improves) but then again my ring is still blue... belt VP option has perfect stats...

Basically just a bit of gear guidance needed.

Did some comparisons on Wowhead for you.

Upgrading Weapon
    +60 Sta
    +46 Int
    +30 Spir
    +28 Critical Strike
    +542 Spell Power

Buying Shado-Pan Assault Ring
    +367 Int
    +550 Sta
    +250 Spi
    +94 Mastery (0.35)
    +314 Haste (0.74%)

-171 Critical Strike

Buying Shado-Pan Assault Belt
    +387 Int
    +459 Sta
    +101 Spi
    +308 Mastery (0.35)

-318 Critical Strike

Wowhead Comparison

The weapon upgrade which I'd normally take is around a 2.5% increase in spell power. But since it's fairly likely you will get some kind of weapon upgrade in the future, I'd probably recommend getting the belt as the gear is as you said itemized perfectly. The ring provides similar stat increases because it's from a blue ring so that might be another good choice. Depending on your raid setup, I usually decide which upgrades to get based on what other people can't use. In my group for example there are no other holy paladins so I automatically get all spirit plate gear. Rings on the other hand are used by everyone so I usually upgrade those first if possible. In this case I'd probably get the ring and upgrade the weapon as those two upgrades should put you in a better position than just getting a belt.

Ah thanks for the deeper insight!

I also am the sole receiver of all types of plate in my raid so that's not an issue if I get the drops but I was thinking about the belt, the only belt from Throne is from Tortos who's an easy kill but RNG on the drop whereas I'm up against A LOT for the rings/necks. Only issue upgrading weapon is that I'm free for the sword on Jin'Rokh too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Ah thanks for the deeper insight!

I also am the sole receiver of all types of plate in my raid so that's not an issue if I get the drops but I was thinking about the belt, the only belt from Throne is from Tortos who's an easy kill but RNG on the drop whereas I'm up against A LOT for the rings/necks. Only issue upgrading weapon is that I'm free for the sword on Jin'Rokh too.
    I would not upgrade your current weapon while you still have blues. You could look into trying to get 516 upgrades out of heroic scenarios also.

I would get the vp trinket since it's arguably bis with horridon's this tier.

The best thing you could do is to farm elder charms from the isle of thunder and get the scenario keys so you can spam T14 lfr and roll for drops. Grab the legs and ring from Feng, tier shoulders from Lei Shi or Will, shield from Gara'jal and there's a off-hand somewhere, can't remember what boss though. If you can grab 2pc T14 for the HR mana cost reduction that might be helpful in the short term as well.

Freia's advice about heroic scenarios is pretty spot on too.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.