Enhancment Shaman Macro Help

Ok so I log in this morning to start working on hitting my VP cap and I notice that my macros are gone.

I have been unable to get my shock macro to work as intended. What it is intended to do is put flame shock on my target, and if flame shock DoT is still up will will cast earth shock. If I should target something else it will cast flame shock again, even if the dot is still up on a different target.

A friend of mine helped me with this macro before and I will admit I am totally macro impaired.

I have placed a link to my armory so glyphs haste and such can be seen.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Maneo/simple

Please help

Eh?

Macros don't function by "If this is happening, do this instead". You could use a modifier in the macro to get it to work, but you'd have to press a different key.

As far as I'm aware, any such macro that actually works that way would be against the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Eh?

Macros don't function by "If this is happening, do this instead". You could use a modifier in the macro to get it to work, but you'd have to press a different key.

As far as I'm aware, any such macro that actually works that way would be against the ToS.
    I am sure that it wasn't written in that way, it just had that desired effect using FS cooldown. I don't know it. It worked fine up until today.

Perhaps you could try to explain what it did a bit better?

It could cast Flame Shock, and then if Flame Shock's DoT was on the mob, it would cast Earth Shock instead?

Two things from that I notice:
    1. As I said, macros cannot function as "If A is happening, then do B".
    2. Both Flame Shock and Earth Shock are on the GCD, so they would not work together in the same macro, unless you had a modifier you pressed to switch the cast from Flame Shock to Earth Shock.

Like I said I am total fail at Macros.

This is one that seems to do what I need it to.

#Showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=combat/target/12 Flame Shock, Earth Shock
    /startattack [harm]

This is a description of the macro

Use this if you find that you open your attacks with Flame Shock and follow up with Earth Shock before Flame Shock's DoT has passed. The macro will cast Flame Shock on the target and also begin to auto-attack. When your next shock spell is available, click the macro button again to cast Earth Shock. The macro will reset if Flame Shock's DoT ends, you change targets, or you drop out of combat. Note that as your character advances and the cooldown on your shock spells becomes lower due to a combination of Reverberation and Glyphs, you can add a third shock spell into the sequence. This is useful for all three Shaman specializations, as there will always be times when you'll want to use your shock spells to quickly damage or debuff an enemy.

It seems to have the desired effect however the macro refuses to work.

Try this:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=12 Flame Shock, Earth Shock
    /startattack

That should work. It will cast Flame Shock the first press, and then Earth Shock the next. When Flame Shock is off cooldown, you can press it again to restart the sequence.

Though I should mention, the macro has nothing to do with Flame Shock's DoT on the target.

Try it out just to see if it works. It won't restart on combat or switching target, but let's just test this first.

A macro may not function based on conditions that are external to the macro, but scripts can. I had a script (in the /macro area) that would cast either a ground, or a flying mount, depending on the zone I was in, and whether that zone was flyable or not.

I'm not sure if a script can check whether a flame shock dot is on the target, but I don't see why it couldn't.