Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Should he be given the death penalty?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

For those of you across the seas that don't know about this:

This man kidnapped 3 women and imprisoned them in his house for 10 years. During those years, he repeatedly raped all of these women.
    Two of those women became pregnant; only one of them was allowed to keep the pregnancy to full term. The other woman he would starve and beat to force miscarriages.
    He also made that same woman midwife the other woman's child- at gunpoint with threat of death if there was anything wrong with the child.
    After everything this man did to these women, he is pleading not guilty.

From the report:
    The death penalty is in play because among the accusations facing Ariel Castro, 52, is that he forced a miscarriage by one of the women, which is considered a killing under Ohio law. That charge doesn't include a possible death penalty, but a prosecutor has said that's under review.

Opinions?

Myself, I think he needs to be given the death penalty.
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-06-12 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

For those of you across the seas that don't know about this:

This man kidnapped 3 women and imprisoned them in his house for 10 years. During those years, he repeatedly raped all of these women.
    Two of those women became pregnant; only one of them was allowed to keep the pregnancy to full term. The other woman he would starve and beat to force miscarriages.
    He also made that same woman midwife the other woman's child- at gunpoint with threat of death if there was anything wrong with the child.
    After everything this man did to these women, he is pleading not guilty.

Opinions?

Myself, I think he needs to be given the death penalty.
    Did he kill anyone? If not then no death penalty.

Deleted
    Coming to you live from 4 weeks ago!

Nah. Just put him into the worst prison you currently have available.

Let him taste his own medicine. Don't end his life during his best times.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Death is too good for him.

Let him get 25-to-life, and have the other inmates take care of him.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

If you execute him you only subject him to fear for a little while, then thoughtless peace.
    __

We all die, execution is far too kind, let him rot in a cell where he can barely move for the rest of his days.

If it were up to me they'd only feed him bean chili, so that his closet sized cell smelled like rotten ass 100% of the time until he died.

The death penalty is expensive. Don't waste money on this filth when his prison inmates will do their worst for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't get the death penalty.

The Death Penalty shouldn't even exist. It costs too much and is statistically insignificant.

He should be executed out of retribution for his crimes.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

This is exactly the sort of irredeemably broken person the death penalty is perfect for.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I thought you only got executed for murder?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Rape can be a capital offense in some places, though I don't know about Ohio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, honestly. I've heard of other crimes getting it (have to be VERY heinous to get it though).

Didn't he beat one of the women so bad she miscarried or lost the child?
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    From wikipedia:
    Aggravated murder with at least one of the following special circumstances:

The defendant knowingly created a grave risk of death for one or more persons in addition to the victim of the offense.
    The murder was committed for pecuniary gain or pursuant to an agreement that the defendant would receive something of value.
    The capital offense was committed by a person who is incarcerated, has escaped, is on probation, is in jail, or is under a sentence of imprisonment.
    The offender in the commission of the offense, purposefully caused the death of another who was under thirteen years of age at the time of the commission of the offense and the defendant committed the offense with prior calculation and design.
    The offense was the assassination of the president of the United States or person in line of succession to the presidency, or of the governor or lieutenant governor of this state, or of the president-elect or vice president-elect of the United States, or of the governor-elect of this state, or of a candidate for any of the foregoing offices.
    The murder was committed against a witness in a criminal proceeding to prevent the witness from appearing, or for revenge.
    The offense was committed while the offender was committing, attempting to commit, or fleeing immediately after committing or attempting to commit terrorism.
    If he didn't murder anybody, it would appear he cannot be executed according to the law.

From wikipedia:

If he didn't murder anybody, it would appear he cannot be executed according to the law.
    Yeah when I posted I was thinking like Mississippi or Texas or something. I know it can be in some places, but yeah; I guess not Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Thats just stupid. Makes it more dangerous for the victim.

Honestly, the death penalty would be an easy way out for him. If he gets locked up he'll most likely be killed in jail by other inmates. Rape isn't a very well looked upon crime to commit, even fellow inmates don't take kindly to rapists, and when it involves an extended run of it, or children you're just as good as dead in a cell block than getting the death penalty.

I have friends who work for the DOC and they will openly say, they take a little longer getting to assaults in the prisons that involve rapists, pedos and the like.

So if they execute this guy, he gets off easy, if they put him in jail, it will probably kill him, but he'll suffer like the women he kept hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    No. Death is too good for him.

Let him get 25-to-life, and have the other inmates take care of him.
    This. /10chars

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-06-13 at 01:11 AM.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.