Thread: Armors Rehash?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Digging the Warlock and DK S14, but yeah the Shaman S14 reminds me of Druid T14. The Warlock T16 reminding me a lot of Warrior S13 as well.

Deleted
    I think the Warrior, Warlock, Shaman and Rogue s14 sets look pretty good. The shaman set reminds me of the Warcraft 3 Shaman. (looks pretty lame on a human though)

Edit: I'm gonna add the Paladin set to that list aswell!
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-06-12 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Druid PVP - Shaman T10.

Tell me that I'm blowing things out of proportion again.
    You're blowing things out of proportion.

Oh, look, the shaman armor is based on tuskar?

Oh, look, the Druid armor is based on an undead stag?

Oh, look, the armors look vastly different except for the horns?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I dont think its a big deal to sort of switch armor sets from class to class. Gives shamans a chance to use the druid-looking armor and vice versa. The classes are in fact close enough lore wise to have similar themes.

I'm legitimately blown away at what most people are willing to deem as a "rehash." The thing has goggles. Warrior armors tend to have some kind of visor. Are Tiers 2,3,5,6,11,12,13,15 all the rehashes of one another?

I like it though, it's got a neat glowy regal plated looking going for it.

Also, has anyone else noticed that of the ones revealed EVERY arena set looks like plate this season(well, not shaman)? They're badass but leather and cloth they do not appear to be.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I dont think its a big deal to sort of switch armor sets from class to class. Gives shamans a chance to use the druid-looking armor and vice versa. The classes are in fact close enough lore wise to have similar themes.
    Yeah but some people think Blizz needs to make a totally new robe design for every tier set.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply, blizzard has lost his ability to create stylish tier sets.... since wotlk (with few exceptions) the sets are ugly as hell in the most cases -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.media1.battle.net/cms/gall...5846622103.jpg

VS

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t16_malev2.jpg

Sorry haters. The hood looks different, the robe looks different, the shoulders look different, the color scheme is different.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    http://us.media1.battle.net/cms/gall...5846622103.jpg

VS

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t16_malev2.jpg

Sorry haters. The hood looks different, the robe looks different, the shoulders look different, the color scheme is different.
    Actually I didn't think it before, but now that you linked it I feel they are overall identical in appearance.. At least if they go with the first color scheme.

Either way, still liking some sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Actually I didn't think it before, but now that you linked it I feel they are overall identical in appearance.. At least if they go with the first color scheme.

Either way, still liking some sets.
    Only their colors (for the first sets anyway) are the same. The hood actually has a different look. And the rest is totally obviously different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Has a lot to do with Pandaria, which is where the raid starts and where Y'Shaarj comes from. Plus klaxxi.
    Which is exactly what I was hoping to avoid, I'm already sick of the Pandaria Themes...

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Only thing that looks rehashed is the helm.

Once more, you guys blow everything out of proportion.
    New patch. New tier. Same old bitching.

"Steampunk" is the theme this patch, via Horde and all its new technologies of war.

Hunter tier is growing on me, hopefully the shoulders make it.

When I first saw the lock shoulders without their textures I thought I was looking at warrior T13.

The Paladin PvP set looks horrible. It's like a mix between past Hunter and Warrior gear.

I hope the Tier set actually looks like its suppose to be for a Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersoaker View Post
    "Steampunk" is the theme this patch, via Horde and all its new technologies of war.
    Steampunk looks way different than that what exists in WoW....

Deleted
    I admit mage and warlock looks kinda similar to what we saw in T13, but TBH these new sets look fucking sweet, even incomplete hunter.
    I just hope paladin T16 going to be badass.

Deleted
    You are complaining about similar looking tier sets based on color?

I think adding some stylish tier sets with the same color allows you to fully customize your char with transmogrification. It's something the game lacks off: fitting colors per gear category. yes there are some cool sets in, but most sets can't be mixed together without looking stupid.

having 2 similar or even 3 similar sets allows you to look unique or at least kind of unique when you mix them together without looking like a clown.

and personally I love the t16 mage set

They got Wheatley in the Hunter Tier it would seem.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersoaker View Post
    hopefully the shoulders make it.
    They are there, they are just squished up by the neck. Pull up the 3d model and switch between a few races and you will see they are there, just showing improperly.