Page 1 of 69
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

In Unanimous Vote, Russia Passes Bill Making It Illegal To Tell Kids Gay People Exist

GG, Russia. You're officially worse than everyone else.

Sorry if any good, sane russians feel offended. I know you're out there, and that you probably hate your government for this. But I fear they represent a majority in your country, reason and logic is in a minority.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...3#.Ubj7CPlM9R2

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia has always had political... problems...

I am not surprised by this. There's a reason why a lot of people are doing everything they can to leave Russia.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculous move, but somehow also unsurprising. Best of luck getting Putin out of there . . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Akin to putting their fingers in their ears & going "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUUU"

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the title is a bit excessive really. All the law is banning is spreading the idea that being gay is normal and healthy and teaching it at schools. I guarantee if a politician put that up here in Australia or America or England or pretty much any other country, it'd be popularly supported. People are too quick to bash Russia for simply giving people what they want.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

while this is stupid and absurd beyond belief, just imagine the fun you could have with it.

walk into the office of one of the people who passed the law with a child, and ask them what the law says. they cant even explain the law in front of a child because even doing that would show that homosexual people exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Read that while having breakfast ...was quite amused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. If I ever take a vacation to Russia, I only have to buy a one way ticket. To get home, all I have to do is walk into a school and yell that gay people exist. Free trip home via deportation.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ridiculous move, but somehow also unsurprising. Best of luck getting Putin out of there . . . .
    Putin is only the tip of the iceberg. Russia doesn't have a democracy, it never had one to begin with.

Gay people are fairy tales!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Interesting. If I ever take a vacation to Russia, I only have to buy a one way ticket. To get home, all I have to do is walk into a school and yell that gay people exist. Free trip home via deportation.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, i found these quite funny lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Gay people are fairy tales!
    And not even the Disney version! They are the original Grimm's version with no happy endings...

It says enough about a country when many of the top CEOs of major companies and lots of the high political positions are filled by Ex-KGB agents

Corruption? Naaaaaaaaaaah. Survival of the fittest bro;D

I didn't realize Russia was so religiously extreme, or at least the government. Are they afraid to stand against something? Unanimous? Damn. Keep that repression up, Russia.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I think the title is a bit excessive really. All the law is banning is spreading the idea that being gay is normal and healthy and teaching it at schools. I guarantee if a politician put that up here in Australia or America or England or pretty much any other country, it'd be popularly supported. People are too quick to bash Russia for simply giving people what they want.
    I don't think you have a very accurate view of British politics if you think that would be popularly supported. The politician that put that forward would be ridiculed so much the party to which they belonged would ask them to go in an attempt to distance themselves. Vast majority of the British public are silently tolerant. Like with most countries, the minority is vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Would you really want to be an American in a Russia detention facility?

As for the topic at hand. It's a ridiculous law aimed at pleasing the Russian Orthodox Church, something Putin has done a lot of.
    Last edited by Activi-T; 2013-06-12 at 11:13 PM.

Really? Is that all it's doing? Banning that being gay is normal and healthy? Pretty sure I've never been in a class that teaches and defines what sexual orientation you are is right or wrong.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

We need that law here in America.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post

Would you really want to be an American in a Russia detention facility?
    "foreigners could be arrested and immediately deported" I'll take my chances.

Wasn't David Cameron pushing for a gay marriage bill recently? Also, what about the 12 states in the US that allow gay marriage, three of them passing it by popular referendum last November, plus eight states that recognize civil unions?

I can imagine Michelle Bachman proposing a bill like this and getting lauded by Steve King and Louie Gohmert, and that crazy old guy on the 700 Club, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the GOP or most of it would stay far away.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-06-12 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno View Post
    We need that law here in America.
    Or not

/10 chars

Post constructively please.
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-06-13 at 08:12 AM.