Horridon vanish and teh 4th door

so is it a bug or normal that the war bears from the 4th door on Heroic Horridon to just ignore vanish?

cuz i pop evasion, vanished, popped prep then vanished again and that bear just kept trucking on me.

anyone els with this problem?

Deleted
    cant say i've experienced this, shouldn't be problem u are likely to run into again if your tanks are paying attention though. they always spawn in the same locations and are very easy to pick up.

or am i missing something that they fixate or something on heroic?

no fixate. i pull aggro from time to time and there seams to be no way to get rid of it. also the flame caster just ignored it aswell (but thats less of a problem)

I think it's a problem vanish has always had. I've found that if a mob is right on you vs. if you have some space between you and the mob vanish tends to work better and sometimes if you're inside the mobs hit box they will ignore vanish. Like maybe they're in the middle of an attack swing and you vanish that the attack still lands and breaks you out. Also I've noticed that if I try to use vanish as a dps increase to get a cheap mutilate with shadow focus and vanish/mut too fast sometimes my vanish CD will blow but my threat table stays the same and I don't get the shadow focus mutilate. Sometimes I play on the safe side and try running away to give myself some space to let the mob properly reset before I vanish.

Vanish has been a pretty buggy ability since vanilla and has received a lot of improvements since but still has some bugs in it.

Deleted
    I had exactly the same problem with a shammy on that door during our kill.
    Also I was rarely able to survive a wipe as the boss would always target me in stealth regardless of how far away I was.
    I certainly felt that there was something about the fight mechanic that prevented vanish from working properly.

I ended up ignoring the bears/shammy's and locking down the flame caster which eliminated the random deaths from their 200k spell casts.
    They don't need to be tanked and they can be stunned so a rogues perfect choice to take care of them solo.

Deleted
    actually after trying heroic horridon for the first time tonight i think i understand the problem now.

i kept trying to vanish on wipes and it NEVER worked, the adds / boss would just keep coming.

i think blizz may have made it so we can use vanish as dps cd without dropping threat only for this fight. i remember reading a while back about vanish bugging the direhorn spirits causing them to fixate on another target (who couldn't see them) this is also mentioned in the fatboss guide to the fight. i suspect this may have been a quick fix for the lesser of 2 evils by blizzard. that said i don't remember reading any hotfixes regarding this. damn blizz costing me same repairs as everyone else grrrr xD

I vanish all the time on this fight to drop aggro or to reset him with no problems, dont know whats going on your end though.... Just did it on tuesday with no problems.

Could just be the usual buggy vanish, sometimes aggro doesnt drop until after the vanish effect fades and you're just in normal stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lornd View Post
    damn blizz costing me same repairs as everyone else grrrr xD
    i dont vanish with the intention to save me a few gold guild pays for it any ways.
    but the idea that blizz could not have patched in a fix for the direhorn sprite to be the only thing to ignore vanish seams odd

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff View Post
    I vanish all the time on this fight to drop aggro or to reset him with no problems, dont know whats going on your end though.... Just did it on tuesday with no problems.

Could just be the usual buggy vanish, sometimes aggro doesnt drop until after the vanish effect fades and you're just in normal stealth.
    that odd cuz on ALL other uses, my vanish drop aggro on button push (at least for me). so that it changes for this one door seams weird.