10+ Year Old Account

How will the possible cross realm mailing of boas work?

Will you be able to mail them to any server,which would be great, or will they only be cross realm to the other realms you are grouped with through virtual realms, which would be better then nothing but isn't what we wanted.

I personally hope that the new virtual servers allow me to mail my BoA's to my other toons since I have one server for horde and one for alliance. I think you should be sending this question to Ghost Crawler on his twitter https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler. I would almost guess he would have much more info than any one on MMO champ.

We will(eventually) get an UI for the Heirlooms, much like pets/mounts. From which you drag and drop into your bags and then equip them. Question is when do they have the spare time to spend on this.

mailing over servers seems a complicated fix compared to UI and tools they already have available. change mount ID for item ID etc.. im sure its not quite as simple as that but modifying this has to be easier and quicker than completely new code and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    mailing over servers seems a complicated fix compared to UI and tools they already have available. change mount ID for item ID etc.. im sure its not quite as simple as that but modifying this has to be easier and quicker than completely new code and technology.
    The ptr is a mess with the new server configuration. Npcs appear and disappear, then you get 10 seconds to 2 minutes before you DC. That said, I tried to mail an heirloom to a toon on another server and it failed. It's possible I didn't have the name/ server format correct, but so far no cross realm boas on the 5.4 ptr.

I assume they will have to fix the complete mail system to even be able to send mail (if at all!) to people on the same virtual realm but on a different actual realm.
    I guess they will implement it using some syntax like puri@antonidas. And I assume when this is implemented, you can send boa items to all realms independend from their virtual server.

Deleted
    Hmmh, so if they "virtual realm"-merge ie. 3 servers, we could have 33 toons in one "realm". Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    We will(eventually) get an UI for the Heirlooms, much like pets/mounts. From which you drag and drop into your bags and then equip them. Question is when do they have the spare time to spend on this.

Sorry for thread resurrection but this seems like such a great idea or maybe have a special heirloom vendor to pick up your already purchased heirloom items.

Deleted
    They said the mail system is so ingrained into the game it would require a very long time to recode it to work cross realm.

What I think they should do is have a vendor that once you purchase a heirloom be it with JP, Darkmoon Tokens etc allows you to retrieve it from for a few copper. So instead of purchasing the heirloom you purchase access to it from another vendor.

Of course I don't know if that would work technically, again it's the cross realm thing that would be the problem.