Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Any news on Thrall in 5.4 PTR?

Has anything been datamined concerning Thrall in 5.4?
    I'm not a huge lore nerd, but I'm dying to see if he dies (sounds redundant, I know).

Not that I've seen yet, but it's only the first build so that's no suprise. He'll probably show up in the SoO raid at some point. Maybe he'll be the 'dark shaman' boss that so far hasn't been named!

Just kidding, don't except or want that to happen but tinfoil hat time can be fun. Seriously though, no word on Thrall yet. Gotta wait for those audio files in a future build probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Not that I've seen yet, but it's only the first build so that's no suprise. He'll probably show up in the SoO raid at some point. Maybe he'll be the 'dark shaman' boss that so far hasn't been named!

Just kidding, don't except or want that to happen but tinfoil hat time can be fun. Seriously though, no word on Thrall yet. Gotta wait for those audio files in a future build probably.
    Yeah, it appears that the Kor'kron Dark Shaman encounter consists of a couple shaman: http://youtu.be/ey4PRSgroog?t=32s

OT: Interested to see what happens to Thrall as well. I'd definitely like to see him have words with Garrosh about what he's done.

I saw a video from the PTR of Thrall vs Garrosh.
    I guess SPOILER alert:
    It's not looking good for thrall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAGroQPtSvg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    It's not looking good for thrall
    That's what he deserves for getting rid of the Doomhammer plate and relying on outside forces for too long. He let his Warrior side get rusty.

And yet again Thrall is part of the expansions final boss.... >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Thrall not being part of it would be dumb and illogical, considering that he is the one responsible for Garrosh's regime.

But he barely does anything.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-08-09 at 03:54 PM.

I saw a video from the PTR of Thrall vs Garrosh.
    I guess SPOILER alert:
    It's not looking good for thrall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAGroQPtSvg
    It always looks good for Thrall, he has plot armor! He will rise at the end and watch as vol'jin take garrosh's life. Thrall will survive

nothing too much to add onto this subject beside the vid posted by mcbubble. Havn't seen mucho Thrall action yet.

From what I saw in the clip,
    Thrall gets kicked across the room (very easily) by Garrosh and is stunned. I'm not sure how it will play out from there, but it looks like Garrosh handles him pretty easily. For the Thrall fanboys out there...this one might hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone add a fus ro dah to that clip?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Not really. Thrall just gets his ass kicked BEFORE the actual fight happens. He plays no role in the fight itself, and doesn't even weaken Garrosh or buff us in any way whatsoever.

It's actually kind of comical how the fight goes. Garrosh just sort of casually RP walks down form his throne, trades a couple of auto attacks and then sends Thrall across the room, even after Thrall reveals that the elements are still with him despite the dark shamans attempts. I'm sure they're trying to establish Garrosh as a threat and badass, but the way it plays out just makes Thrall look like a wuss to me instead. The Worf effect to use a tvropes term.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I saw in the clip,
    Thrall gets kicked across the room (very easily) by Garrosh and is stunned. I'm not sure how it will play out from there, but it looks like Garrosh handles him pretty easily. For the Thrall fanboys out there...this one might hurt.
    He is weakened. Thrall would decimate Garrosh with ease in a proper 1 on 1, I'm not a fanboy ^^ just telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Not really. Thrall just gets his ass kicked BEFORE the actual fight happens. He plays no role in the fight itself, and doesn't even weaken Garrosh or buff us in any way whatsoever.

It's actually kind of comical how the fight goes. Garrosh just sort of casually RP walks down form his throne, trades a couple of auto attacks and then sends Thrall across the room, even after Thrall reveals that the elements are still with him despite the dark shamans attempts. I'm sure they're trying to establish Garrosh as a threat and badass, but the way it plays out just makes Thrall look like a wuss to me instead. The Worf effect to use a tvropes term.
    Yeh, watching him get his ass handed to him was very disappointing. He appeared so weak.

Thrall will suddenly regain his strength at 10%, when Garrosh executes all the players. He'll break the corrupted Gorehowl, and resurrect the raid, beginning the DPS burn phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Thrall will suddenly regain his strength at 10%, when Garrosh executes all the players. He'll break the corrupted Gorehowl, and resurrect the raid, beginning the DPS burn phase.
    Then Grom will appear and say there must always be a Garrosh, blah blah the same joke has been made before

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Garrosh at that point already have Xal'atoh, not Gorehowl in hand, and the first is a twisted image of the second, but imbueded with the power of an Old God, while Gorehowl...yeah is cool and amazing, but remains a huge piece of steel. I don't know why you wonder so much that Thrall has been facerolled in that way.

Plus, obviously Thrall tried to face Garrosh in a melee confrontation (like his "weapon in hand" posture suggested) without trying to cast a lava burst or a chain lighthing. Obviously the World Shaman didn't expect to be kicked on the other half of the room with a single blow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Then Grom will appear and say there must always be a Warchief, blah blah the same joke has been made before
    Sorry man, it needed a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

He is weakened. Thrall would decimate Garrosh with ease in a proper 1 on 1, I'm not a fanboy ^^ just telling the truth.
    Weakened? Garrosh says he cut off the Elements, and yet Thrall gathers them with ease.

Garrosh is empowered by Yshaarj, sure, but back in the day Garrosh almost overwhelmed Thrall too.

Dunno why everyone acts like Garrosh ain't that strong. He's a powerful warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Then Grom will appear and say there must always be a Garrosh, blah blah the same joke has been made before
    I'm sorry but that cracked me up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    but back in the day Garrosh almost overwhelmed Thrall too.
    That was a faked combat. Thrall didn't want to seriously counter-attack, mostly let Garrosh unleash his fury. And this is not fan-fic or speculation, it's explained pretty well in the very Garrosh's short-story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Weakened? Garrosh says he cut off the Elements, and yet Thrall gathers them with ease.

Garrosh is empowered by Yshaarj, sure, but back in the day Garrosh almost overwhelmed Thrall too.

Dunno why everyone acts like Garrosh ain't that strong. He's a powerful warrior.
    Comics changed that to Thrall mopping the floor with Garrosh.

And Thrall doesn't actually manage to "gather" the Elements, he manages to conjure the Doomhammer and a lightning jolt.

And honestly, I'm not sure that Thrall actually deep down wants to kill Garrosh, where as Garrosh is ready to slice Thrall into tiny, bloody bits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That was a faked combat. Thrall didn't want to seriously counter-attack, mostly let Garrosh unleash his fury. And this is not fan-fic or speculation, it's explained pretty well in the very Garrosh's short-story.
    Aye, the Garrosh short-story did indeed expand on the changes made in the comic. Thrall was basically just toying with Garrosh, allowing him to vent some steam.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann