Deleted

Post A question for power supply.

I am thinking about change my graphic card, and i have some questions about it.

I have problems with a lot of power supplies because it breaks.

I need your help, if is possible, to tell me if i will have problems with my new Graphic Card in my computer.

This is my setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
    • Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX
    • RAM: Corsair Vengance DD3 1600 (2x4Gb)
    • Power Supply: Corsair TX-650 W V2
    • DVD: LG DVD-RW
    • HDD1: OCZ VERTEX 3 250Gb
    • HDD2: Samsung 7200RPM 500Gb
    • HDD3: WD 7200RPM 1 TB
    • Heatsink: Thermalke Frio
    • Case: NZXT Tempest 410
    • Graphic Card (Actual): Sapphire HD 5770

I want to change the Graphic Card to a ASUS GTX 660 2Gb GDDR5. (I can't edit with link)

My questions are this:

Can my power supply handle this graphics card?
    If I added two RAM modules, like I have, there will a problem?

If anyone, can tell me if i have a problem with this setup or any reason to not changing it i would appreciate.

PostData: I regret my level of English
    Last edited by mmoce630ba2758; 2013-06-14 at 06:57 AM. Reason: I added an url to my description

10+ Year Old Account
    Your power supply should easily handle the GTX 660. RAM does not consume much power at all (maybe around ~7-10w max) so adding more RAM will not be significant in terms of power.

The maximum power draw of a GTX 660 as specified by Nvidia is 140w.

Deleted
    Thanks for your answer.

The problem is that not quite sure, because at past, i have had serious problems with power supplies.

With this Setup (Overclocked), My power supply (Corsair TX650W V2) was broken , at today my setup is not overclocked but i dont know what the diference in terms of power.

On the other hand the maximum power of my actual graphic card is 108W (as specified by 3DMark) and have a big difference (40W) with my possible new graphic card.

Deleted
    650W is enough, in fact you would probably have dual 660's in that system and still be fine. Problems in the past could have been caused by other things than the PSU or simply bad quality PSU's.

Deleted
    On the first hand, Thanks NoTarget.

On the order hand, I am not sure to buy this GPU, because maybe it is obsolete in a few months, and couldn't run on 1080p the most of games.

Do you considered a good change respect to my actual GPU?
    Do you recommended another GPU?

My budget is about 200 - 300 (€), but I don't want spend 300 € if not there are a very big difference between these graphic cards.

Thanks for your time.

Is too dificult to me, decide what is the GPU that i want. Because there are a lot of modifications of a chipset, or differents manufacturers.

Deleted
    Where are you from? Maybe I can help you find a GPU.

Look for AMD 7870 XT (or LE/Myst) should be around ~€230-260

Deleted
    I'm from Spain.

I looking for a Nvidia because im not very happy with my actual Sapphire HD 5770, it cost me 4 years ago 260 €, and never got the performance I expect.

Because of this, i looking for a nvidia chipset, but i don't know if there are a very big difference between GTX 660, GTX 670, GTX 650.

Anyway if there are a big difference with a particular chipset of ATI, I could buy it without problems.

Deleted
    The 7870 XT is a better performing card than the 660 and the reviews/benchmarks shows this quite clearly. Wanting Nvidia solely based on the experience you had with a GPU from 4 years ago seems a little off but your choice of course.

I don't know which expectation you have so I can't tell you which card is best for your needs, all I can tell you is the XT is better than the 660.