Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Dumb things you have heard recently

Today I had someone tell me that they did not think that Jimmy Carter was a bad president, "people don't like him because he made the decision to bomb Hiroshima".
    I had to ask again to confirm what he just said, then when I asked when Jimmy Carter bombed Hiroshima he said it was like 30 years ago.

He got really upset when I started laughing. Somehow he can tell you everything you need to know about hip hop music though.

I then had a runner up from someone who said their cucumbers were growing but their pickles were not growing, I let them know that pickle plants need to be watered with vinegar or they will not taste right when they grow.

Anyone else have any great sayings?

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Today I had someone tell me that they did not think that Jimmy Carter was a bad president, "people don't like him because he made the decision to bomb Hiroshima".
    I had to ask again to confirm what he just said, then when I asked when Jimmy Carter bombed Hiroshima he said it was like 30 years ago.

He got really upset when I started laughing. Somehow he can tell you everything you need to know about hip hop music though.

I then had a runner up from someone who said their cucumbers were growing but their pickles were not growing, I let them know that pickle plants need to be watered with vinegar or they will not taste right when they grow.

Anyone else have any great sayings?
    " Egypt isn't in Africa, Egypt is a country... "

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, beside Xbox one... I have a friend who said he loves his job as a fulltime substitute teacher... I went "..what?" He don't seem to know what substitute means.

"WoW probably has 1-2 expansions left in it. Titan will kill it after that point."

Yes, theres a guy that can predict 4 years into the future what effect a game that he knows nothing but its code name will do to WoW.

Deleted
    ' But Beats headphones are the best!'

Always I facepalm.

"I can't believe Blizz lied about Garrosh being corrupted!"
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    "She only reported them for gang rape because they stole her mobile phone" - bunch of retards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work part time at a luggage store in a mall, and this lady walks in and says "Where is the other luggage store?"
    I don't know if that's necessarily "dumb" as much as just being a bitch. She could have asked any of the 300+ stores in there instead of coming into the only other luggage store to ask where our competitor is.

Another one at the same store; my boss told this guy that he is a 5th generation New Yorker or something along those lines and the guy said "New York isn't even 300 years old, you can't be more than 2nd generation." I guess he thought a generation was 100 years.... me and my boss and a great laugh at his expense.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-06-14 at 01:52 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

1. We at Microsoft, would like to introduce to you..........The "Xbox One"

2. Microsoft Exec Don Mattrick : "Fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity," he said. "It's called Xbox 360.
    .............."We did a lot of testing [and] a lot of consumer research, and I think we made a good choice."

Who the heck were these people they conducted there research with, because almost every gamer who saw that come out of E3 was either pissed (xbox fans) or laughing there faces off (Wii U, Ps4 Fans)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    " Egypt isn't in Africa, Egypt is a country... "
    Too funny, bwahahaha. xD

Ont: I had to explain to my flatmate the other day (who is in the 4th(!!!) year of university with me) what primary and secondary means. Oh fun times...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Atoms and the electromagnetic force cannot exist together in the universe"

*cough*strong interaction*cough*
    Putin khuliyo

I had to explain, to an adult, the difference between past and present tense. It was in regards to discontinuing support for an app.

10+ Year Old Account
    The press basically asking my brother "Did it hurt?" after he got 60 metric tons of rocks over him...

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    The press basically asking my brother "Did it hurt?" after he got 60 metric tons of rocks over him...
    Well... did it? :P

"All the rich people I know of didn't go to college so neither am I"

10+ Year Old Account
    A theater teacher at TWU, when my theater class in high school had to send in a 1 act screenplay for critique, wrote on mine "Why did you have this take place in the Phillipenes? WW2 was in Japan and would have been more believeable"

Seriously? I specifically mentioned the Batan Death March lady... If you don't know basic history, you shouldn't be allowed to teach or critique anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Incidence Of Rape Resulting In Pregnancy Are Very Low"

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    I once had to explain to an american lady why the UK did not celebrate the 4th of july, she thought it was a world wide celebration, to my credit I remained polite too!
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-06-14 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I once had to explain to an american lady why the UK did not celebrate the 4th of july, she thought it was a world wide celebration, to my credit I did I remained polite too!
    Did she think that the 4th of July was like some randomly assigned government holiday just to set of fireworks? Because if she even knew the slightest amount of info she would know that is a US specific holiday....
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I once had to explain to an american lady why the UK did not celebrate the 4th of july, she thought it was a world wide celebration, to my credit I did I remained polite too!
    That makes me sad to be American.
    OT: "Excuse me but how do we get to New Jersey"
    Why does no one use a GPS >.>
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of a joke I read in a book about Abraham Lincoln. These American visited Brittain about 40 years after the Revolution. A few Brittish men came up and told him they were hanging a picture of Washington over their toilets. The American said "Fitting. Nothing will make a Brit shit so quick as the sight of General Washington."