Last Of Us autosave glitch

So I'm loving this game so far. And I think I've gotten quite far actualy. But I ran into a problem.. I can't save my game anymore. Nor can I return to the main menu. Because when I press start, the sections "LOAD GAME", "SAVE GAME", "RESTART ENCOUNTER" and "QUIT TO MAIN MENU" are all greyed out and have "Autosaving. Please wait..." behind it. Now, the problem is.. I'm afraid to turn off my console and lose the progress and neither do I want to continue playing to get further into the game and run back into my other fear, losing the progress.

So, I did do some research and found an article on IGN about this already "known" problem.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...the-last-of-us
    Seems that the way to avoid/fix it is either play offline or don't download the patch. This is good to know for people who yet have to start playing, and take this is a warning.

But that's not the reason I am posting this. I am actualy looking for help. Does anyone know a trick so I can actualy save my data and don't lose my progress? I've been playing for quite a while, figured autosave will do the trick (without having to manualy save) but I'm doubting that know. If the only option is "Replay the content".. Then so be it (not that I dislike the game and don't want to replay, but it's still a bummer to lose progress).

10+ Year Old Account
    saw a thread on reddit about this, apparently its fixed now, was a server issue or something.
    dragonmaw - EU