Thread: DK's AMZ

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

DK's AMZ

Hello, and i am sorry if this isn't the correct place to throw this thread.
    As we know amz is pretty poor right now, and mostly used by DD dk's. What about Blood? Specifically in ToT are there any fights that speccing AMZ would be more beneficial than purgatory? Looking for some ideas here thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordrol View Post
    Hello, and i am sorry if this isn't the correct place to throw this thread.
    As we know amz is pretty poor right now, and mostly used by DD dk's. What about Blood? Specifically in ToT are there any fights that speccing AMZ would be more beneficial than purgatory? Looking for some ideas here thanks
    Only place i can think MAYBE is lei shen hc if timed properly for a static shock. It's a little meh though as it absorbs so little damage you can fuckup the placement so easily

AMZ Is kind of useless right now on ToT because of the little damage it can absorb, but we on Jin Rohk on heroic difficulty when he drops his sparks we stack on a place, have our priest drop barrier, and the DPS DK drop AMZ, healing thru those sparks is way easier, but otherwise it's an useless spell...

Deleted
    AMZ's a PvP talent.

And even there its not what it should be, as you can still get nuked trough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenzooom View Post
    AMZ Is kind of useless right now on ToT because of the little damage it can absorb, but we on Jin Rohk on heroic difficulty when he drops his sparks we stack on a place, have our priest drop barrier, and the DPS DK drop AMZ, healing thru those sparks is way easier, but otherwise it's an useless spell...
    Have you even killed jin'rohk on hc mate? Cause it seems to me you haven't.

Anyways thanks for the posts guys, i hope for more

Didnt they say month ago that AMZ is getting some changes in 5.4

Deleted
    On certain abilities, AMZ is still one of the most powerful damage reduction cooldowns in the game. On single hits that hit everyone inside in the zone at the same time, the damage cap is ignored and 75% is mitigated. Admittedly, this is not very useful on most fights in this tier, but it certainly has the power to be extremely good when used well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenxion78 View Post
    On certain abilities, AMZ is still one of the most powerful damage reduction cooldowns in the game. On single hits that hit everyone inside in the zone at the same time, the damage cap is ignored and 75% is mitigated. Admittedly, this is not very useful on most fights in this tier, but it certainly has the power to be extremely good when used well.
    So its kinda awesome for things like Unleashed flame at Iron Quon, 1time magic dmg taken things?

Deleted
    So its kinda awesome for things like Unleashed flame at Iron Quon, 1time magic dmg taken things?
    Exactly. Anything like that (so Cataclysm on madness for instance).

Deleted
    Nice thanks. Keep the posting going guys with ideas/tips for AMZ in ToT

Deleted
    That's the only fight i use it on so far, drop it on the range group (they take 2 first stacks) for second stack. Then drop it on the spot where we're thrown during the windstorm for those couple secs where you can't move and then one last time when all dogs pop out on melee.

Otherwise purgatory all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenxion78 View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up. I knew it was like this in cataclysm but wasn't sure if it had been 'nerfed'. Very nice to know that it is just like i remember it to be thx.

Interrupting Jolt on Dark Animus is another huge single hit that AMZ can help on, if you can manage to get a few people under it - its just not a good fight to stack for, but still, even just you and 1 other person makes it quite nice for the healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMZ actually has so much Utility

Static shock soaking on Heroic Lei Shen comes to mind. As has been mentioned earlier, it absorbs a flat 75% of a burst of magic damage (cap is ignored).

-3,000 (125,000 absorbed) is always fun to watch on Lei Shen's Thunderstruck. There are other places to use it such as on Static Shock, Interrupting Bolt, Unleashed Flame and Gas Bladder. There are other places, but anything that isn't just one big hit tends to be a little on the poop side.

They said they were changing it in 5.4 though, so let's hope they don't make it crap.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-06-14 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMZ is useless 95% of the time. But for that 5% it is brokenly awesome. Like... ignore the mechanics awesome.

Deleted
    AMZ should be in our spellbook for blood-dk's without forcing us to choose it in talent trees. Would give as a bit raid utility at least. Purgatory is way too strong to pick up instead broken amz...

Deleted
    The only encounter this tier I used it for instead of purgatory was Ra-den (before I started offtanking the adds).

Have you even killed jin'rohk on hc mate? Cause it seems to me you haven't.

Anyways thanks for the posts guys, i hope for more
    Maybe that works in 10M? In 25 the raid would get brutalized standing in one spot. Even with Barrier & AMZ. We tried stackup a few times and said f'it, spread out was so much cleaner. Maybe 1 or 2 die instead of 10 at the same time. That I didn't take AMZ, Purgatory is far too strong a talent to give up, its a free get out of jail card.

Does AMZ work on the Massive Golem slam? If it does, could be useful, otherwise I'd think it pretty useless in almost all of ToT relative to the peace of mind Purgatory gives.

There are a few applications of it, but nothign too amazing.
    Jin'rohk HC - Use it to negate a static burst on some people just before they have to dispell ionization
    Magaera HC - although not amazing you cna negate a tick of ramapage, helpfull ont he later ones where the healing load ramps up and even just 1 tick less can save some people.
    Dark Animus - Cant prevent the intturupting joly doing alot of damage, although hard to pull off since people tend to have the anima fire going on them so it eats the amz before the jolt blows, also works on the massive smash from the adds, doesnt drop the stacks but negates the damage
    Iron Qon - helpful for takign an extra stack of unleashed flame if needed
    Lei Shen - couple of really good applications here, Negates thunderstruck if place/times right, but the big one is it pretty much nullifies static shock which is helpfull as fuck.

Those are the only ones i can think of using it for, and honestly I only use it lei shen as purgatory is just such a better QoL talent