10 Man - healing help!

Hey all - i was wondering if the healing from this shaman in 10m normal is okay for the ilvl of gear currently equipped. Our other healers are doing 80 - 100k HPS and this shammy is doing 15 - 50k hps. any help here - weather it's just lack of gear or shammys being bad healers atm i don't know but i'd love to find out.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wjncixqnix89bgjp/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nioke/advanced

The logs is from last nights raid - This is the armory profile - the neck was dropped last night - will be gemmed when logged back in I'm sure

Thank-you

Any other info you require just ask.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a combination of things -- it could be gear and skill but from looking at your wol I'm more inclined to belive that it is your healing and raid setup.

He is healing with two absorb healers (disc priest + holy pala) so he is going to be less effective. You also have atleast one tank, possibly two, that seem to be healing himself/themselves (the DK and the other paladin). One could say he has low uptime of riptide etc and he doesn't seem to be using his full array of healing tools but then I doubt he has to. If you are not wiping you should try to just rotate healers down to 2 instead of 3 due to ALL your healers actually being low and inefficient -- as in not using their full potential. It's not like the paladin or priest are pulling magic numbers either. They are all blowing massive amounts of healing into overhealing.

With all these healers are you running around topped all the time? If someone dies they die to stupid unhealable oneshot mechanics or pure stupidity? Judging from the two deaths in the log i'd say it's the last option. None of your healers seem to be pulling 80-100k HPS, the priest maxes out on tortos at 77k. I don't see where you got these supposed healing numbers from -- only to mention that the paladin and priest numbers are almost just as, or nearly as, low as the once from the shaman.

The low numbers have explanations in the above mentioned. We can't rule out that it might be a bad resto shaman but from the few encounters logged one really can't tell.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-06-15 at 01:50 AM.

The only deaths are usually from stupidity. Bar mag where we are crrently being blocked. 3rd red head the healing damage is to high and we wipe.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right. Just looking at the Megaera wipes then; even on the one where you try four healers. One healer stands in the fire and dies -- that ain't good. I'm not going to go over all the healers here but you seem to be lacking some sort of healing cooldown rotation. All your healers seem to be just be doing whatever they want and running their own little race.

In the last attempt (try3) he doesn't use healing tide a single time; doesn't use ascendance -- i'm just guessing he isn't using spirit link totem either. You drag that fight out for over 7 minutes, he should have had time to use everything of the mentioned there twice. He did use them in try1 and try2 so I don't know why he didn't bother to use them in try3, he knows what buttons to push. He just "forgot" or didn't feel like it I guess.

Seems you run out of healing cooldowns after the fifth head dies; save more cooldowns for head 5 and head 6.

His Healing Stream totem also has a very low uptime -- he probably forgets to put it down to, he also forgets to reapply earthshield to one of the tanks somewhat often. He has the riptide glyph -- uptime of riptide should be 100% or 99.x%. Telluric currents is no longer a proper resto glyph -- we are not killing deathwing anymore. Certainly not for someone that doesn't even cast any lightning bolts.

Lets see if I can recall how I do Megaera now just from memory; besides the usual healing waves, earthshielding a tank, riptide people as needed, healing stream put down on cooldown, everytime people are stacked use a healing rain. Don't dispell the cinder as soon as people get it; let them run away firsta not just drop it where everyone stands.

Right before you stack up after killing a head drop a healing rain on the stack spot, drop another one as soon as it runs out -- every stack is a two rain stack. Chainheal when everyone is standing in a nice little group getting rained on. Rotate cooldowns one per time you stack -- healing tide -- ascendance/spiritlink -- <third head have someone else use a cooldown> -- the cooldown cycle should restart here.

You might actually want to start on the first stack by not using a cooldown there and keep them. Stack1 nothing Stack2 tide Stack3 spiritlink/ascendance Stack4 same as 1 Stack5 same as 2, Stack6 same as 3 or whatever cooldown rotation you can come up with in combination with all the other people in the raid. When needed eat a healthstone, drink a potion use a personal cooldown -- such as stone bullwark or whatever he picked in the first talent line.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-06-15 at 02:32 AM.

Thank-you for your time and info i shall pass it all long anymore feedback is welcome

Also to note - the healers do have a CD rotation - maybe they are forgeting - the raid leader doesn't call out when they should be popped - just a mention of when they are meant to be hit at before the pull. Maybe a bit more calling would help that out - granted the healers should remember too - but sometimes there busy i guess
    Last edited by Barrowwind; 2013-06-15 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    Hey all - i was wondering if the healing from this shaman in 10m normal is okay for the ilvl of gear currently equipped. Our other healers are doing 80 - 100k HPS and this shammy is doing 15 - 50k hps.
    To be honest, it seems to me like a combination of lazy+bored=mediocre.

Let me explain. On his armory he seems to well set with decent (508 ilevel) gear and ok enchants/gems/reforges.

In the logs, the only iffy fight is Horridon. Put that aside for a minute and look at the other kills, he was second on Jin'rokh ahead of the Paladin. On Council he was third was "low" HPS, as well as the Priest was. He was only 1.9M healing below the Priest (17M vs 18.9M). Finally on Tortos, same deal as Council but now with the Paladin, 1.9M healing below.

My honest opinion: Start two healing fights your healers are capable of healing. The guild I'm in recently formed and we're on our first week as a full guild run and we've gone 11/12 (Lei Shen on Sunday, did 2 pulls last night, seems very doable). We kind of came to the same conclusion. Last week was the first week we ran but each night we had 2-3 pugs, so from that this week we decided to 2 heal...Jin'rokh, Council, Tortos, Durumu, Primoridous, Dark Animus. Over half the bosses we 2 healed and did very well, they died quickly and it was actually fun as a healer. We ran Resto Druid/Paladin. Based on comp I'd actually suggest the Shaman go Ele, since you've already got a Spriest, although having a second one of those wouldn't be bad either. Shamans are quite strong healers, so it's up to you guys.

Try it out, drop down a healer for some fights and see how it goes. Give the Shaman a try at that one week at least even if you intend for him to go Ele. It'll answer any questions you had about his healing ability. If anything he'd just turn into your 3rd healer for fights like Horridon/Magaera/etc

Good luck, I hope this helped.

I alsmot forgot...

As to the bolded part, it's somewhat of a wild exaggeration, the Priest/Paladin went as low as 35k HPS and as high as 80k HPS on the kills and Magaera wipes. Don't 4 heal. If you're not the raid leader, either get them to step up, or do it yourself and start calling defensive raid cooldowns. Tell your raid to use a personal defensive cooldown for every Rampage. Everyone has one, most have a couple, but if they aren't capable of having a personal for every Rampage, tell them to Healthstone, and that on logs you expect to see at least x2 Healthstones from everyone each attempt that goes 5+ heads. Hell my guild had our Warlock drop a second Soulwell mid fight on Iron Qon when we got our first kill lol.

Be proactive with your raid cooldowns for each Rampage. You have a lot to choose from:
    Each Rampage your Disc Priest can Spirit Shell.
    Two Paladins, you should be able to Devotion Aura them all by alternating, but depending on how fast your kill heads maybe not. Even so you could do 2,3,5,6. You really don't need anything for the first and you can just compensate in other ways on the 4th. Healthstones come to mind.
    Your Shaman will be able to have Spirit Link Totem, Healing Tide Totem, or Ascendance up for every single Rampage. Each one of this is strong so it shouldn't matter much.
    You'll also have Power Word: Barrier from your Priest too.
    Your DK can use Anti Magic Zone for every other Rampage.
    Your Rogue can Smoke Bomb, work something out with the Priest to alternate it with PW: B
    Warrior can Rallying Cry as well, work that in too.
    Shadow Priest can Vampiric Embrace

That gives you a total of:
    x1 Spirit Shell
    x2 Devotion Aura
    x1 Spirit Link Totem
    x1 Healing Tide Totem
    x1 Ascendance
    x1 Power Word Barrier
    x1 Anti Magic Zone
    x1 Smoke Bomb
    x1 Rallying Cry
    x1 Vampiric Embraace
    x3 Healthstone
    x1 minimum personal CD

This isn't being nitpicky. If your raid isn't using these things they're being dumb. I'm sorry if that's harsh but it's true. Again I mentioned VE from your Shadow Priest because you should be 3 healing Magaera, and 2 healing other fights. Use cooldown rotations as needed for those too. That's 12 options your raid has to deal with the Rampages. Use them.

Again hope this helps and good luck.
    Last edited by Rockandrye; 2013-06-15 at 02:57 AM.

Harsh is okay - we can handle harsh - Thank-you for your time - was a good read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your prot paladin has really really bad uptime on Sacred Shield, is only at 30% when it should be somewhere in the range of 80%+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockandrye View Post
    To be honest, it seems to me like a combination of lazy+bored=mediocre.

That gives you a total of:
    x1 Spirit Shell
    x2 Devotion Aura
    x1 Spirit Link Totem
    x1 Healing Tide Totem
    x1 Ascendance
    x1 Power Word Barrier
    x1 Anti Magic Zone
    x1 Smoke Bomb
    x1 Rallying Cry
    x1 Vampiric Embraace
    x3 Healthstone
    x1 minimum personal CD

This isn't being nitpicky. If your raid isn't using these things they're being dumb. I'm sorry if that's harsh but it's true. Again I mentioned VE from your Shadow Priest because you should be 3 healing Magaera, and 2 healing other fights. Use cooldown rotations as needed for those too. That's 12 options your raid has to deal with the Rampages. Use them.

Again hope this helps and good luck.
    Warrior = Demo Banner

I would run
    #1 Warrior Demo Banner, then when it drops Rallying cry
    #2 Healing Tide, and DA
    #3 Spirit Link then when it drops Smoke Bomb, Healthstone if needed
    #4 DA, Spirit Shell, Ascendance Healing Rain.
    #5 Warrior Demo Banner, then when it drops Rallying cry, DA, Healthstone if needed
    #6 Lust, Healing Tide, Power Word Barrier, Healthstone if not used.

Not perfect, but that's what I would take a look at. Depending on your groups overall DPS and CD usage every 3 minute CD used for #1 and #2 will be back up for #5 and #6. My group has our Shaman Stormlash #1, and our warrior Skull Banner #2 so they are both back up #5 and #6.
    Last edited by Feawen; 2013-06-15 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Forgot a Cooldown