Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh Noes, DK DPS is in line with other classes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollox View Post
    Like I've said on the Blizz forums to you

Uhm how did you come to the conclusion that this was a player issue?
    Did it ever occur to you that perhaps I was unlucky with an early feather proc therefore I used a second Unholy Blight to reapply stronger diseases with surge of power and feather up?

And what the hell are you talking about better CD usage, how am I supposed to squeeze 3x Unholy Frenzies and Gargoyles in a 6 min kill???? Oh Sorry we didn't take as long as you did so I couldn't use a third CD like you (See what I did thar?).

Also it's nice to have more warriors in your 25 team to spam those banners isn't it?

Did it also occur to you that the logs you linked are pretty much out-dated and was in the same reset when 5.3 just launched, meaning my ilvl (therefore my stats) were a lot lower, when comparing it to your current 162k?

It's actually laughable...

I can also go over your logs and talk about how you aren't using enough of this and that, but I really don't need to (And yes you are making plenty of them mistakes )

But yeah you're right I can AMS more on Durumu, but the only places to AMS would be during the beam and color blind phases, which isn't really haslling me that much and squeezing an extra 400 - 500 DPS from a few extra DC's is the least of my concerns.

Guys guys guys, this isn't about me not doing good, it's more about how FAAAR at the bottom we are in the meters, I wouldn't care if it was 5k - 12k behind, but being 50k behind Shamans, Mages and MONKS feels bad
    Below Monks? are you crazy? Monks are struggling this tier and have been this entire expac. They are only doing good because of that trinket. It sucks being balanced around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Below Monks? are you crazy? Monks are struggling this tier and have been this entire expac. They are only doing good because of that trinket. It sucks being balanced around it.
    Why do you say something like this when a quick look at raidbots shows that we are in fact below monks on many fights? And only ahead on the most unholy-friendly fights. The more people come in here with anecdotes and opinions the more it confuses the issue.

Kind of like... DKs? :P

According to wowprogress's new sim page, monks are ranked significantly above dks. I believe a couple of other sims have frost and unholy almost if not last in dps.

The best geared monk has a potential of 272274.70 compared to dks 205627.70. Of course that's the best case scenario, but I can't believe it's that different. I always believed melee's dps should always be close together with ranged ahead because most fights require movement. But, skill does weigh heavily into the equation and not very many people are skilled with their monk class yet.

Quote Originally Posted by grailen View Post
    According to wowprogress's new sim page, monks are ranked significantly above dks. I believe a couple of other sims have frost and unholy almost if not last in dps.

The best geared monk has a potential of 272274.70 compared to dks 205627.70. Of course that's the best case scenario, but I can't believe it's that different. I always believed melee's dps should always be close together with ranged ahead because most fights require movement. But, skill does weigh heavily into the equation and not very many people are skilled with their monk class yet.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/post/138_...imulationCraft

It bases those rankings with those configuration parameters. I would ask that you read those parameters to determine the applicability of any sim results to real scenarios (if they even are).

Stating sim results without stating the sim configuration is a waste of text. If you do state the sim configuration, then it can still be a waste of text, but at least in this scenario, you would already know beforehand.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Simple solution, play better.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Okay guy, tell that to the guys ranking 100+ on multiple 25 heroic fights and being behind multiple specs not due to skill but because of there class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    We'll get right on producing an extra 50-60k dps out of nowhere to keep up with Mages and Warlocks.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2013-06-18 at 03:38 AM.

So wait, OP blames that we were nerfed to shit.
    The OP already told about his DPS issues(DK ARE TOO NERFED) on Blizz forum, been told that the problem is in his low skills, been punched, came here, said the same thing without showing his armory, been found, his mistakes been pointed out, and after his mistakes were shown up he is responding "hey, why do you think my low skill is a reason of my low DPS?"
    The DK is a good competitive DPS. Even including all nerfs and buffs we're more capable to do sustainable damage in any phace of any boss in compare to other melee classes(excluding Megaera, because for stupid cleaving it is the War's heaven). Dear Mollox@Kazzak, are you sure you're as pro as you're trying to show yourself? I'd advice you to cut your ego when more experienced DKs are pointing on your mistakes.
    I'm able to be top-5 on progression missing meta gem and cloak and competing with people who has all that+549 weapons. It is whether you're so bad at playing DK(ignoring AMS soak is a huge DPS loss), or you're so bad to play in your group.
    About SimCraft-SimCraft will never tell you that bottom-of-the-sicraft-hunter could be top, if encounter makes it possible to use 10 min CD 2 times? Just like our army. It changes your DamageDone position on IQ/Horridon significally
    Last edited by Minoan; 2013-06-18 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    That's why i said "Really Good" on my post. Yes you can use the abilities like that but it's not game changing. And please freezing is horrible you have to plan way ahead in order to use it, you can't just go there and save someone with it.

I agree with your fear of having to use AMZ, mostly because it's in the same tier as purgatory, i can't count how many times it saved my ass.
    Purgatory has certain advantages, yes. Our raid actually uses Freeze and Mass Grip as part of the strategy in heroic content. So I never use it to "save someone", I use it to make the strategy work, or at least work better. It depends on the raid leader and the raid in general, but it's not always black and white.

OTOH, this thread is not about our utility. I honestly don't care much either way about our utility. I'm just in a spot where I feel this is an uphill battle I can't win. And yes, given the lack of difficulty in encounters I motivate myself with the dps competition in our raid. What else is there to shine with? And right now, multidotters rule the board and I don't. Yes, I could go unholy and abuse the shit out of these encounters, but my raid isn't good enough to let me go freestyle. I actually have to pull the weight of myself and others, so I'm very restricted and can't just go manipulate dps chars for WoL. Sigh.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    deactivate your dps meter
    Go play Guild Wars 2.

Deleted
    Whyle its true dk's aint top, is it really that bad to be midle pack? Classes that tend to be top dps are allways in a nerf routine, rather be a so so dps :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And yes, given the lack of difficulty in encounters
    Please.....

Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    cant remember the last time mages or locks were "middle of the pack" stop saying dks in middle of pack is fne.. coz most often that really means Dks being bottom of the pack like they are right now. frost is 2nd worst dps specc barring subtlelty or marks hunters in 10h.
    Mages and warlocks shouldn't be middle of the pack they can only be a dps. DK dps is just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Wiizper View Post
    Tricks doesnt increase damage anymore.
    It doesn't increase your disease damage anymore. So you can't use it to get a larger snapshot on your diseases, but it still increases your other damaging abilities by 15%. So yes you can abuse a pocket rogue for extra dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    Mages and warlocks shouldn't be middle of the pack they can only be a dps. DK dps is just fine
    Hybrid tax went out of the window years ago - by that logic all classes who can also tank (or heal) should pay a dps price.

Anyway, we're fine DPS wise... Other classes are too high or have more utility (and no, gorefiend's does not count when stacked up against pure damage shouts or raid-wide defensives)

Quote Originally Posted by carlosanjos View Post
    Whyle its true dk's aint top, is it really that bad to be midle pack? Classes that tend to be top dps are allways in a nerf routine, rather be a so so dps :P
    cause warlocks and mages always get big nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get to H Lei Shen, realize that 2 DKs is pretty much required, check roster, only 1 DK.../cry, warrior rerolls DK.

Damage wise, from my experience, they're mid pack to top dependent on fight mechanics that can be abused. I am quite glad that tricks no longer affects Festerblight, now they'll stop pestering me to tricks them at the most ridiculously awkward times >,<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    Get to H Lei Shen, realize that 2 DKs is pretty much required, check roster, only 1 DK.../cry, warrior rerolls DK.

Damage wise, from my experience, they're mid pack to top dependent on fight mechanics that can be abused. I am quite glad that tricks no longer affects Festerblight, now they'll stop pestering me to tricks them at the most ridiculously awkward times >,<
    QUIET YOU A ROGUE WHO KEEPS HIS OWN TRICKS FOR HIMSELF IS A DIRTY DIRTY PERSON AND SHOULD BE PUNISHED.

Donate your tricks to your resident warrior or DK. This has been a PSA from the strength DPS department of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Please.....
    That is what you take from my post? Really? I'm glad you invested the time to read it, but try to understand what I'm saying, not pick some sentence that rubbed you the wrong way. There are really people in WoW that are bored with mechanics that basically haven't changed in 8 years. Deal with it and move on to the topic.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Anyway, we're fine DPS wise... Other classes are too high or have more utility (and no, gorefiend's does not count when stacked up against pure damage shouts or raid-wide defensives)
    Yes, and that's my issue. Other classes are too high. The whole content is practically designed with multidotters in mind.