Lagging in wow and other games too

Hello im a little bit worried i just built a new computer and the specs are very good im looking at forums and people with the same graphics card are SHREDDING wow on Ultra i have GTX 660 2gb and AMD 8 core CPU and im somewhat Lagging on High settings and i cant do ultra this is a little dissapointing and im not sure what it is but i feel like my computer can run way better that it is now? Im pretty sure my drivers are up to date i just checked im really worried if someone can help me? Btw this is a framerate issue not MS i get about 30 MS on wow! Please help! My specs :

AMD FX 8150 8 corue overclocked to 4.3 Ghz
    GTX 660 2gb GPU
    8 Gigs of Ram
    1 TB of Hard Drive
    Windows 8
    I have 5 Fans

Its not just wow i lag in other games also!

10+ Year Old Account
    More info needed, really. What games? What settings? What FPS?

The 8150 is 'meh' for wow raiding on Ultra. It just won't happen well.
    The 660 is a great card... But it's a great mid-level card. It's what I have and I believe stuff like BF3 will only get about 40fps on Ultra.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I think that the commercials argument got you.

You bought a 8150 because it had 8 cores, thought is was more powerfull than a i5/i7 because of that.
    And you certainly bought a 660 because it had 2gigs of RAM, geez it must be good :P.

This is an "okay" build, but not that great for gaming on ultra levels.

Try updating your drivers and getting rid some effects in wow to lag a little less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Although the Intel CPUs are better for WoW, with your rig you should be able to do ok.

With AMD CPUs your video settings are a little more complicated. You will have to play with some settings to get it to run good, you cant just slide the slider to Ultra.

I stop referring fps problems as lag.. Annoys the shit out of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea waht he said. Intel.

Also, i suggest if you have no clue what your doing, that u shouldnt build ur own pc. Let someone do it that knows what hes doing.

Deleted
    The 8350 and GTX 660 is fine and will easily run any game on high settings without dropping to its knees. Just because it is not an Intel CPU does not mean it sucks. This could not be further from the truth as the Piledrivers are far more capable than some of you think. Check you have good Temps with your CPU and GPU make sure you have nothing hold you back like tree hugging energy saving fluff you get on some of these motherboards.

Before you go all bam mode, it helps to read. 8150 not 8350 is what the guys running. 8150 is not even close to optimal for gaming.

thx you for the nice post

Quote Originally Posted by halonos View Post
    Before you go all bam mode, it helps to read. 8150 not 8350 is what the guys running. 8150 is not even close to optimal for gaming.
    I was in the 82nd. What unit were you in?