I need a Medeival City-Builder Style RPG Game

My minds gone blank and I can't think of any recent good games in this genre.

I'm not really looking for a game like Civilization with its focus on conquering and that sort of thing. I'm looking for something a little more similiar to Mount & Blades system where you can control a town and then you build upgrades for that town, ect, to make it more prosperous. Something like Gnomoria is alright where there are random attack events on the town and I have to defend it.

So yea...any help is greatly appreciated. Do note I am not looking for a military simulator.

Edit* It seems like the game Towns is sort of the style of game I want - I just don't find the graphics pleasing. Thats the biggest issue I had with gnomoria as well.

Regardless, it might be worth a try. Last time I heard about it it was a bit unfinished.

Deleted
    The Settlers or the Anno-Series should be your Games.

Thank you it looks promising. Will wait for a few more suggestions before I decide on what to go with.

10+ Year Old Account
    the anno series or at least the last one is on steam though it is really expensive for being over 2 years old... still 30$
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Yea the only Anno I saw on steam was 2070 - Looks to be a futuristic one. Not really what I'm looking for.

There is one on steam early access called Folk Tale

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    There is one on steam early access called Folk Tale
    Yea its another one I've been looking at but its an unfinished game which is always worrisome. Have they added sandbox mode yet?

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Building_Series There's this I guess. The old Caesar games were good, if you aren't too strict about it needing to be medieval. :P
    Also holy hell, didn't know they were still making games heh, their newest game is supposed to come out sometime this year which will actually be a medieval one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Building_Series There's this I guess. The old Caesar games were good, if you aren't too strict about it needing to be medieval. :P
    Also holy hell, didn't know they were still making games heh, their newest game is supposed to come out sometime this year which will actually be a medieval one.
    Yea it really needs to be medieval style. I want to build muh castles

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind, Anno is extremely complicated.....when I played that a lot during teenage years I had to buy a book in order to understand the advanced stuff ingame. You need an exact build order, know exactly how many farms to build for how many citizens and so on.

The game was so stupidly complicated ;-)

Do you know Stronghold (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strongh..._video_game%29)? I played that 3 years ago with my cousin and we had to stop after 20mins however because the graphics are so bad (in relation to ours nowadays)) because we got headaches from those pixels.

man, those were the good times
    Last edited by Nivena; 2013-06-20 at 06:46 AM.

The Settlers (or specifically, 1, 2, 10th aniversary and to a lesser extent 7) will have a special place in my heart. They had a big focus on road management and unlike others, it's not a matter of just clicking build wherever and having people just walk there and start building. They follow the roads you make, goods need to travel along it, and need to have a goo layout, add extra side roads when things get too busy on one stretch, ect.

Another that's not due out for a while yet is Stonehearth. I think it's on Steam Greenlight (I got it thoguh kickstarter) Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Deleted
    Here's some more: If you really love Citybuilding and/or Tradingsimulations, take a look at The Patricians. Also, Stronghold if you want to build your Castle in the fussiest Way possible. Careful though, the Game has a lot of Medieval Warfare to it, what ruined it for me, because the Buildling-Levels where just great.