Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wholeheartedly agree, we should go back to the designs of the best expansion, Burning Crusade, where everything was made out of glowing pink crystals.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Most of BC's gear was recoloured vanilla gear. There are even several green sets using the Twill graphics. If that's not lazy, I don't know what is.

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=285 <-- This one is mail.

By contrast, Wrath and Cata have a lot of good-looking stuff. In my opinion, the best looking bow in the game is a Wrath BoE green:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=36619
    Actually, having a Mail Twill set is fucking awesome, because it means mail users can transmog to something pretty novel. Suck it, plate users!

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    Pink weapons? What is this, the Sha of Love?
    Baby don't cleanse me, don't cleanse me, no more.

Blizzard doesn't follow the rule of simplicity when they use colors like they used to. It seems like they try way to hard to make something look unique with color. That said, I hope the colors for the Warlock Tier 16 aren't finalized. Blue, purple, green, yellow, red, and orange do not belong together (seems like they took the entire RGB color model and threw it at the set!). The set looks amazing, but the colors used devalue it a lot.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-06-15 at 04:45 PM.

Appeals more to girly girls and kids.

A bit late, but bro, you need one of these: http://eve.aeonoftime.com/wp-content...e_In_Space.jpg

Also, I see you have a hunter in your sig - if you do play one, the hunter recolor in Uld 10 is black and goes great with the Thorium Cloak and rifle from Kara (gun from the Big Bad Wolf Opera event and the cloak from some demon with 'hoof' in his name that spawns a bunch of little imps). The Scryers tabard also goes nicely with it.

Mod Edit: Turned the image into a link as it was huge, try to resize pictures in the future please.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 2013-06-18 at 09:36 AM.

Dafaq is with that corrupted Gorehowl...Pink srsly... God bless tranmog.

I think every weapon you listed in the OP looks badass. *shrug*

Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Transmogrification.
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Dafaq is with that corrupted Gorehowl...Pink srsly... God bless tranmog.
    That was one of the four gorehowl skins they displayed. The others were black, purple, and blue, I believe.

The OP specifically picked the "pink" skins for all those weapons, when two or three alternate skins also exist for all of them.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Stop complaining and use transmog.
    At some point, you have overused the transmog option.

The general direction of item design sucks since WotLK. Partially it's ok but this rough design with bright edges lets look them primitive. Compare classic / bc weapons to the current ones. It's a huge difference.

Also, just found this (not WoW related, but still) - it is possible to have scary AND Hello Kitty (and no, I won't resize these images, the awesomeness that is EVE cannot be contained in small pics...and I don't know how ). Last one, I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    The general direction of item design sucks since WotLK.
    In your opinion. I find that far from the truth in my own.

Cheery picking mostly incomplete models doesn't really do your point justice.

Weapons and armor are generally done by the theme of the raid and I guess the majority of people just love the theme of weapons from dragon related raids (BWL, BWD etc) take a look at non-set AQ armor and then claim Blizzard puts no effort into it anymore that stuff has the same graphics as level 40 armor.

Then again this will always happen, in 3 years people will say how awesome MoP was and how the current expansion sucks, it's like there is a pattern or somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Blizzard doesn't follow the rule of simplicity when they use colors like they used to. It seems like they try way to hard to make something look unique with color. That said, I hope the colors for the Warlock Tier 16 aren't finalized. Blue, purple, green, yellow, red, and orange do not belong together (seems like they took the entire RGB color model and threw it at the set!). The set looks amazing, but the colors used devalue it a lot.
    There are shit tons of over the top,super colorful armors and weapons in vanilla and TBC.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-06-18 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    At some point, you have overused the transmog option.

The general direction of item design sucks since WotLK. Partially it's ok but this rough design with bright edges lets look them primitive. Compare classic / bc weapons to the current ones. It's a huge difference.
    WotLK weapons are amazing. ICC has some of the most well designed gear models in the game. Cataclysm did too, and mists has some great weapon models... the dragonhead polearm random-drop green looks fantastic.

There are a handful of good looking BC weapons that aren't just recolored vanilla models, and those weapons really only look cool by themselves... floaty pink blue and yellow crystal axe... alright, now what armor set does that match, exactly? And a vast, VAST majority of Vanilla weapons, right up until the raids themselves, were straight up basic swords and axes. And then AQ weapon models... not only are they weird and organic, most of them were pink or magenta for some undiscernible reason.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That was one of the four gorehowl skins they displayed. The others were black, purple, and blue, I believe.

The OP specifically picked the "pink" skins for all those weapons, when two or three alternate skins also exist for all of them.
    No, i just look at wowhead site. There is Pink Purple, and Light Blue. check for yourself

http://www.wowhead.com/news=215001/5...weapon-models#.

They could just copy some warhammer chaos weapons and all would be pleased

There are a handful of good looking BC weapons that aren't just recolored vanilla models, and those weapons really only look cool by themselves... floaty pink blue and yellow crystal axe... alright, now what armor set does that match, exactly? And a vast, VAST majority of Vanilla weapons, right up until the raids themselves, were straight up basic swords and axes. And then AQ weapon models... not only are they weird and organic, most of them were pink or magenta for some undiscernible reason.
    I said partially they were ok. I have some favorites from WotLK and even Cataclysm, but they are only a "few". I loved most weapons in classic (except the AQ ones), and BC (okay, the draenei themed were awkward, indeed), due to the fact they was fine detailed, not very crooked and textured like rough metal or stone. Same for the armor sets.

most weapon skins released next tier are actually freaking badass.
    however you picked the least badass ones and pretended they all were like that.
    thats a lame move.

wowhead had a post with all models, dunno if MMO-C had one but i didnt see it.
    so here the wowhead one http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=215001

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    No, i just look at wowhead site. There is Pink Purple, and Light Blue. check for yourself

http://www.wowhead.com/news=215001/5...weapon-models#.

They could just copy some warhammer chaos weapons and all would be pleased
    The upper right one is black-ish. And then there's the blue and the purple one, in addition to the pink one.

And my other points still stand. There are three other wand colors; a blue one, a red one, and a green one, three other crossbow colors, blue green and red, three other offhand crystal colors, green, blue, and purple, and three other 1h mace colors of that model, blue and yellow, green, and red.

And then look at some of the other weapon models on that very page. They have other 1h maces that are literally drills, the 2h maces topped with plates bearing jagged spikes, fiery 1h iron wolfhead axes, the amber 1h swords that look ridiculously nice, and fist weapons that look on-par with the al'ar ones.

Selective sample is selective.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You guys need to have a look at the new hunter PvE armour, its fucking hilariously bad. (Image courtesy of herecius)

[COLOR="red"]
    Durumu helmet is made of fucking win! Just like the blood-covered puss-bag anus headpiece rogues had back in WotLK.
    I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Durumu helmet is made of fucking win! Just like the blood-covered puss-bag anus headpiece rogues had back in WotLK.
    I love it
    Yea this set is actually really amazing. Also the shoulders are glitched in to the helm in this picture so it's not even accurate.