Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm with melodramocracy on this. While I think that updating player models will be good for the longer term as far as bringing WoW closer to modern standards on how games and their principal characters should appear, it's difficult to see how anyone will much truly deeply care about it for more than half an hour. We gaze at their backs most of the time and then there's the business of armor and zooming out so we can see what's going on around us. Basically I believe it will be a one-day wonder for most people and then back to business.

It's not as much of a contradiction as one might think to say that updating the look is important to the game and no real big deal all at once.

Then of course, on top of all that will be the inevitable storms of outrage and temper tantrums about them when they do come to light.
    This is a lame argument. Why don't we just reduce character models to total humanoid blanks then or better yet just basic shapes if no one cares about them. Your Orc can be a green cube.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Yeah. If they were going to implement full-3D models it would have been with the updates.

Exactly. I think they are going to do it eventually. I hope as soon as possible, but we'll have to see. All I know is that I'm 99% sure we will see it before WoW ends at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Aside from the cuffs at the wrists, the geosets are new. The shape of the pants at the knees, the cuffs at the shoulders, the rope belt. Sure, they are just geosets made for the gear, but it does sketch an idea of what their intentions might be in the future with gear. I really don't think they put that time into it just to give it to one set(literally only the Pandaren monk starting gear) and then never use it again.
    Well pants are not really new, ie. check yer olde ironhide legguards. It's just that boots usually fuck up any "knee model" pants. But yeah, those "shoulders" and belt are new. IIRC they even made blue post about how happy they were when they managed to implement real "3D belts"

Personally I just want that shoulderpats fit nicely on every race, not hovering over your ears. And do something to hooves/paws/trollfeet boot problem.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2013-06-15 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Well pants are not really new, ie. check yer olde ironhide legguards. It's just that boots usually fuck up any "knee model" pants. But yeah, those "shoulders" are new. Personally I just want that shoulderpats fit nicely on every race, not hovering over your ears.

Nah, the knee one is still a bit new. Give me a second and I'll show you.

And these aren't shoulderpads. They're seen as "braces" in the database, but eh, details. I get what you mean. All I want is more actual modeled gear and it seems like it might be a possibility in the near future.

EDIT:

There. On the right is the Pandaren version of the geoset of those leggings, and on the left is that unique geoset that is only seen on the pandaren starting armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    While I can't wait for them too, I am afraid of some of my favourite animations going away

I hope that this won't be the case, but I can't wait for the night elf skeleton.
    Based on what we've seen from the Garrosh example, they're not changing any of the animations so much as they are refining them. The animations will simply be smoother, less likely to clip, more detailed (orcs gain the ability to make fists, for example!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    People forget one thing.

We wear armour. I hate to break it to you, but the sad truth of the race updates is that all you'll notice is new animations and a slightly changed silhouette. unless you play with no gear on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    People forget one thing.

We wear armour. I hate to break it to you, but the sad truth of the race updates is that all you'll notice is new animations and a slightly changed silhouette. unless you play with no gear on.
    the amount of sluty bikini warriors killing gods in this game would surprise you lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Glad some people will really like it. I've played since Vanilla and I don't care at all personally. Won't hate it but I'm not really excited either. Definitely wouldn't call it the best thing to happen to WoW in years in my own opinion.

Words cannot describe how excited I am to see how undead are being updated.

Bring on the decay!

Quote Originally Posted by lordhuck View Post
    This is a lame argument. Why don't we just reduce character models to total humanoid blanks then or better yet just basic shapes if no one cares about them. Your Orc can be a green cube.

It's not a lame argument it's the truth. This thread reminded me that I have a character that is updated and looks good. So I took off her helm and zoomed in to see what I've been missing. Because frankly, I forgot what my Pandaren looked like BECAUSE I NEVER SEE HER FACE!!

Updated models are definitely a good thing, and I can't wait to see them, but MoanaLisa is correct, in no time at all people will put their helms back on, zoom back out and forget about it. New players are still going to "lol, these graphics suck" on the character selection screen because it doesn't look like Guild Wars.

Let me repeat, new models are a good thing though, and necessary for the game to show it's true detail for the very few occasions you actually see your characters face. Also, an Orc is the only race from both factions that I haven't leveled, because I think it looks absolutely hideous. I'm looking forward to now finally having an Orc.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-06-16 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PLEASE give us sub-races... Since TBC I dream about my Mag'har Orc Hunter. I mean, maybe Forest Trolls (mostly in the new Zandalar empire) and Earthen Dwarfs (neutral as fuck) won't happen, since they haven't joined the factions itself, but at least give us options to be a Mag'har or a Wildhammer!

I'm way too excited for the new models, I hope we get something godlike!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

To some people ( myself included) It will certainly be the best thing to happen.
    I love the way my character looks, but she will certainly love to be a little more HD!

I can't play a character I'm not appealed to, they have to look beatyful in my eyes - and I don't care what other people think of her.

You just know people will be complaining about the new models after they're added, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's not a lame argument it's the truth. This thread reminded me that I have a character that is updated and looks good. So I took off her helm and zoomed in to see what I've been missing. Because frankly, I forgot what my Pandaren looked like BECAUSE I NEVER SEE HER FACE!!

Updated models are definitely a good thing, and I can't wait to see them, but MoanaLisa is correct, in no time at all people will put their helms back on, zoom back out and forget about it. New players are still going to "lol, these graphics suck" on the character selection screen because it doesn't look like Guild Wars.
    I know its hard to imagine, but some people think how their character looks is important. Some people will blaze through the character customization without caring, some will take half an hour to get that perfect look. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean its pointless. Im looking forward to this very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    You just know people will be complaining about the new models after they're added, too.
    And those of us who wish to keep their sanity will just laugh and proceed to ignore them; Enjoying our new goodies and working on new plate-kinies to wear with those beautiful new...

I need more plate-kini for this overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I know its hard to imagine, but some people think how their character looks is important. Some people will blaze through the character customization without caring, some will take half an hour to get that perfect look. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean its pointless. Im looking forward to this very much.

That's actually not true. I too spend forever on the character selection screen. sometimes days.

It does seem like though, it's hard to imagine for some people that once you put your gear back on and zoom out, this will be quickly forgotten.

And I obviously didn't say model updates were pointless. Why do so many on these forums have reading comprehension issues?

The BEST thing? Idk. It's something that should have been released w/this expansion or Cataclysm, that's for sure...the vanilla models look horribly outdated.

I am excited though, I have a feeling the models are going to look great, if the troll/orc models are any indication of what we should expect.

Hopefully Blizz releases the BC models w/the vanilla ones though (since they are supposedly being worked on "last") or there will be a shitstorm of complaints. I have a feeling the blood elf models aren't done yet based on the high elf/blood elf models used for the 5.2 dailies.

If they don't update Blood Elves and Draenei, I think I may die a little inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will surely be the great for all the people that will get to gaze on these lovely nipples in HD.

"Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully my female Orc can get some real hair with the new models.
    Aye mate