Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Few question I would liked answered please about Blood DK's.

1) Is mastery still viable spec for DK or should we all go spec HASTE ?
    2) What % of dodge should I have. How much dodge is enough dodge ?

In case you were looking for a second opinion, Nilo is spot on. Dodge is overrated, reforge it into mastery or hit/exp to 7.5% or parry whichever suits you best

I prioritize Mastery> Haste> Hit/exp> Parry

but I would only recommend haste tanking for over geared 10m tanks. If you don't overgear the content you're going to take too much damage and it won't be worth the increased dps. And if you're in 25m, in general you're going to take too much damage, and you'll get most of your dps from the increased vengeance as a 25m tank.

For raw survivability dodge is not useless -_-

A mastery>avoidance build is still 100% viable. I wouldn't say it's optimal, but it's still viable and is technically the best setup for raw survival.

I'm curious about the haste cap for blood DK's raid-buffed.

It's very easy to reach last I heard.

Only if you are trying to use death siphon or nec strike. I know of DKs who have ~15k haste and can still pull it off with just DS spam.

Some sort of soft cap (like not using HoW and other fillers) can be reached fairly easily especially with moderate-high ams usage.
    Reaching the point where you only use RS/DS already requires large haste buffs being active so I don't think you'll reach that point anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilesprower View Post
    1) Is mastery still viable spec for DK or should we all go spec HASTE ?
    2) What % of dodge should I have. How much dodge is enough dodge ?
    10 or 25? Normal or heroic? For 25s mastery is def viable for 10s go haste. Nillo is spot on with dodge % at least for 10h content. I run at 15.6k haste right now and never find myself "capped" unless really lucky with RC procs

Deleted
    Where has this talk of haste blood come from?

Quote Originally Posted by stephenc87 View Post
    Where has this talk of haste blood come from?
    SoB BBs no longer give RP making the proc rather useless, ignoring the SoB procs you easily got free GCDs that could be filled with more DS and RS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    SoB BBs no longer give RP making the proc rather useless, ignoring the SoB procs you easily got free GCDs that could be filled with more DS and RS.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'm sitting at 211% mastery unbuffed. Does this mean I should look at giving up some mastery and go for haste? It sounds a bit strange to me. Or it just if you want to push more DPS?

It helps with some flexibility to be able to use more DS instead of gaining stronger BSs.

You can put it like this: It's the safest way to increase your DpS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    You should still use free Blood Boils to refresh diseases though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You should still use free Blood Boils to refresh diseases though.
    You mean I should still use it for free DnD. In a "perfect" hasted world I'd use BB once every 60s and preferably using a blood rune and otherwise fill my GCDs with DS and RS. Every free BB could mean a wasted RS or DS.

Dunno about the dodge question but mastery is one of the factors for bloods survivability. Also, as with all dk specs, always keep your dots up, the blood boil talent is honestly the best combo to keep it always up.

hmm i'll admit not really keeping with what the "cool kids are doing" these days
    so DKs are really starting to go for haste now?

just how much is needed to be useful? will i notice a difference if I just reforge my execs dodge and parry into haste (aka on items that i already don't reforge for mastery, hit or exp) and maybe throw in a haste trinket? have the 522 horridon one

now I feel stupid for taking the tanking 600 cloak -.-
    granted we were doing horridon HC when I finished the quest and I felt like I needed every last bit of extra survivability, dps wasn't an issue
    oh well will scrape together those 7k

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    hmm i'll admit not really keeping with what the "cool kids are doing" these days

just how much is needed to be useful? will i notice a difference if I just reforge my execs dodge and parry into haste (aka on items that i already don't reforge for mastery, hit or exp) and maybe throw in a haste trinket? have the 522 horridon one

granted we were doing horridon HC when I finished the quest and I felt like I needed every last bit of extra survivability, dps wasn't an issue
    I think it is relient on what you are doing 10s or 25s.

10s tank dps is a bit more important thant 25s, not saying that it isnt in 25s, but in 10s it seems to be a requirement that your tanks are doing more than just surviving. If you don't feel like forking over 7k you can always just reforge your dodge into haste and gem for it. Having avoidance and mastery isn't game breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post

One thing to note is that you want 2 RPPM trinkets and the legendary meta (capacitive) to really get the most out of stacking haste. The meta scales with vengeance and can sometimes result in 10% of my damage. I strongly advise 10M blood tanks to try the haste once you have the gear. I could go on and on all night about how much fun its been to play.

Here's what I've been running recently. Still not sure about expertise hard capping (it didn't seem to yield better results)
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Deathbind/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Lifebind View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Deathbind/advanced
    You're completely outgearing the content you do....