Mistweaver as range dps

I've been playing around with my MW monk for a while. recently ive been doing som LFR as range dps. And to my surprise mistweaver a range dps is actually quite okay. I know it's not competing with any primary dps class of any sort, but as a hybrid I think it might actually be quite useful from time to time.

This is any example of the output I did on Ji'kun(with primal nutriment). My ilvl is 508

DPS: 125k(Crackling Jade lightning 80%, Chi wave 12%, blackout kick 2%, melee 1.8%, tiger palm 1.1%)
    HPS: 50k(eminence 42% and eminence statue 48%, chi wave 6%)
    Overhealing: 10%

LFR is LFR. I ended up 2nd on damage done and first on healing done. 5th on overhealing done.

Running out of mana is MW range dps biggest problem. To counter this I use all the chi I get from Crackling lightning on blackout kick and tiger palm. this way I get some mana tea which in turn gives me mana back so I can use Crackling Lightning more. I almost never have to wait for chi or mana and can dps throughout the fight.

Anyone else has experience from MW as range dps and can share some tips or toughts on how to maximize your dps as MW?

Deleted
    It's almost certainly better to fistweave regularily outside of bloodlust.

Fistweaving is almost always better with all the Tiger Palms you can get in. If you're going to CJL use Renewing Mist on CD and burn chi with Uplift for the heals and mana tea stacks. Since you're doing CJL using your chi on melee attacks seems almost wasted.

I've been considering a mix of CJL and meleeing to get the most dps out of it, because I rememeber reading somewhere (could be wrong) that CJL deals more then the normal meleeing rotation, so what I've been doing is using CJL to get 4/5 chi (using ascension) then Jab/BoK to use it all up and repeat. Not sure if that's the best way to do it, though

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it will be less dps simply b/c you don't have an effective way to dump chi with CJL spam. You either have to throw ReM into the mix and dump with uplift, which means less time casting -> less dps, or you have to dump with BoK, which on a single target w/o MM proc hits like a wet noodle.

Deleted
    I did fistweaveing all the way at Ji-Kun with having every single nutrition buff (except the first one) and i finished first at healing and first at DPS, that means people are brainless for not knowing the fight

I often use LMG proccs to cast an CJL if not in meleerange.
    I would advise you to try my tactic:
    Stop CJL at 3 insted of 4 chi (w/o ascension), and bleed off Chi by using Jab+BoK three times, instead of unempowered 2 BoKs.
    Its just an idea though, dont know how much more usefull it is (it does more damage, for similar mana or maybe slightly more dunno.

But yeah the fact you cant bleed Chi off kind of kills the MW-rangeDD.
    They should give us WWs fire blossom pseudo-spell, they dont use it anyway ^^

You had a dps buff, of course your damage is going to increase if its constantly ticking. It is much better to fistweave especially with the meta procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used CJL to build chi, and RJW to dump chi (and for the increased SCK). Chi Wave works in between.

Its not bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    w/o MM proc hits like a wet noodle.
    Love it!

I use crackling when range is an issue and ReM is on cd but not any crazy ass dmg requiring uplift spammage. (Like HC horridon with the damned pink dino) Gotta admit though I was quite surprised at the damage it DOES do but yeh mana sucks. I do miss the vital procs and the smart heals though :'( Understandably it's not maybe the most efficient but just for giggles am gonna give this a go (Afterall isn't playing the game also about having fun and being silly? :P)

On some occasions, I personally prefer CJL over Jab+TP because CJL ticks more frequently and can be a good way to raid heal when many members of the raid are damaged.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    On some occasions, I personally prefer CJL over Jab+TP because CJL ticks more frequently and can be a good way to raid heal when many members of the raid are damaged.
    Yeah, I also use CJL in duels. It does pretty nasty damage, as well as heals me while its active.

CJL is a really great ability, but its pretty easy to overlook.